Amex Centurion Black Card

Allan-Herbie

Have any of you guys ever gone to any of them? I am considering the NA Auto Show one in January and wanted to know if they were really all that "exclusive" and nice. I heard that the U.S. Open one in Pittsburgh with Tiger Woods turned out to be great but I wasn't sure if that was a "diamond in the rough" situation.

Any info would be appreciated!

No...But we have called the Centurian concierge service (Allan's Card) and been successful in getting lactating african american woman to deliver korean goats milk to AJ Globals Escalade while waiting in the parking lot at Barcelona's!

Memebership does have it's privelages! :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...But we have called the Centurian concierge service (Allan's Card) and been successful in getting lactating african american woman to deliver korean goats milk to AJ Globals Escalade while waiting in the parking lot at Barcelona's!

Damn!!

Sign me up.

Lately their concierge has been disappointing, ask Allan... :rant:

Honestly, is there much difference from the Platinum service? My dad is a Centurion holder and I haven't heard of anything too extravagant... Then again, I haven't done much research.

Lately their concierge has been disappointing, ask Allan... :rant:

I stopped using them after they booked me a suite in Savannah (with a confirmation # and all). I showed up only to be told by the hotel that the hotel was sold out and had been for several weeks not to mention there wasn't a single room available for 40 miles. The amex centurion concierge was nice enough to get us a room at a truck stop about 60 miles south on I95! With that said though, Amex did arrange a suite for us for the balance of our trip at the same hotel free of charge. You should have seen the look on my wifes face when we pulled into the truck stop!

IMO, the centurion card isn't worth the additional cost over the platinum.

I stopped using them after they booked me a suite in Savannah (with a confirmation # and all). I showed up only to be told by the hotel that the hotel was sold out and had been for several weeks not to mention there wasn't a single room available for 40 miles. The amex centurion concierge was nice enough to get us a room at a truck stop about 60 miles south on I95! With that said though, Amex did arrange a suite for us for the balance of our trip at the same hotel free of charge. You should have seen the look on my wifes face when we pulled into the truck stop!

That's what I have heard also. My experience even with the Platinum is that they don;t do the things the claim. I have tried to book rooms, get reservations and get tickets to concerts that otherwise weren't available....with no luck. They stick you on hold and tell you that they are seeing what the can do, but...nothing. Recently, I was actually able to "charm" myself a reservation at a restaurant that AMEX Platinum told me "wasn't available". Glad to see my annual fee is going to some good use....

I wouldn't keep the card if I had to pay the annual fee. I just use points to pay it.

That, and I can use it in hand to hand combat since it is made out of titanium! LOL!

• 1 month later...

the centurion card is like bringing your lambo to the dinner table everytime you eat. everytime a good looking waitress, see's that i am paying with my black card they immediately start flurting and asking for my card.. escpecially at hooters!!!!!!!!! i was surprised that they knew what the card was and asked how they found out. they heard of it thru mtv....and music videos. I feel the card is well worth the annual fee if you travel. i pay 330 roundtrip from san diego to miami . they upgrade me to first class everytime roundtrip. plus you can fly friends free on domestic flights. and if you fly with a friend without a centurion statis they also get upgraded free with your reservation. during busy holiday travel you get to use the first class security line which is front of the line, and you get to use the airport lounges, have you been to the one in hong kong, full dimsum menu, hagendaz ice cream buffet, free internet and cpu,and open bar,

there are 10,000 amex black card owners in the world. when i went on the bull run , there were at least 30 black card holders out of 60 cars. i was wundering of the 13,000 plus members here how many here own one.

the centurion card is like bringing your lambo to the dinner table everytime you eat. everytime a good looking waitress, see's that i am paying with my black card they immediately start flurting and asking for my card.. escpecially at hooters!!!!!!!!! i was surprised that they knew what the card was and asked how they found out. they heard of it thru mtv....and music videos. I feel the card is well worth the annual fee if you travel. i pay 330 roundtrip from san diego to miami . they upgrade me to first class everytime roundtrip. plus you can fly friends free on domestic flights. and if you fly with a friend without a centurion statis they also get upgraded free with your reservation. during busy holiday travel you get to use the first class security line which is front of the line, and you get to use the airport lounges, have you been to the one in hong kong, full dimsum menu, hagendaz ice cream buffet, free internet and cpu,and open bar,

Very nice! I didn't know about the free First Class upgrades for you and a friend; that will come in very handy. And you're right, the status of it is well worth it as well.

Exactly! The Black Card is like having your lambo in your pocket. I use it everwhere, the best is going to 7-11 and charging a slurpee. The services are good, but you cannot expect miracles. A few times they were NOT able to get me dinner reservations, albeit it was with VERY limited notice. But at other times, for example On Rakjoes bday we called Katana, and looking for resvations an hour in advance for 10 people, they said, no, but the black card got us in. The airline concierges are a big perk, and of course yes, everywhere we go, on U.S. Air, we always pay for coach, and are upgraded to first class.

But yes hot gold digging chicks really dig it:)

Oh 1 more cool thing they did for me at Neiman Marcus. On my Wifes bday, we went in, they sent up an entire room for us, champagne, cheese, food etc, and all the clothes for my wife were brought to her in her sizes by a HOT salesgirls. They asked me if I was ok and I jokingly said I wanted a pizza and they ran and got me a pizza!

Exactly! The Black Card is like having your lambo in your pocket. I use it everwhere, the best is going to 7-11 and charging a slurpee. The services are good, but you cannot expect miracles. A few times they were NOT able to get me dinner reservations, albeit it was with VERY limited notice. But at other times, for example On Rakjoes bday we called Katana, and looking for resvations an hour in advance for 10 people, they said, no, but the black card got us in. The airline concierges are a big perk, and of course yes, everywhere we go, on U.S. Air, we always pay for coach, and are upgraded to first class.

us airways, delta, american airlines too

perfect match: really hot gold digging chicks (plural), super horny rich guy

perfect match: really hot gold digging chicks (plural), super horny rich guy
My wife always laugh, we go out and its an ugly waitress, she gets my starwood amex for hotel points. Hot waitress gets the blackcard.

My wife always laugh, we go out and its an ugly waitress, she gets my starwood amex for hotel points. Hot waitress gets the blackcard.

LOL =)

HAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious!

I assume that you cannot upgrade to 1st Class when the flight is full, correct? Or, if you get there ahead of time, do they bump people making it as if you had 1st Class reservations all along?

Pittsburgh used to be the Eastern hub for U.S. Air (now it's Charlotte or Atlanta I think), but it's still the mair airline so we always use it domestically, especially to Vegas. This will be great!

See..if my GF ever noticed a pattern like that I would be in for a BLOWOUT with her. :lol2: The fight that would start is scary to think about! Your wife yet again proves how cool she is man! :icon_super: