is the viper a car worth getting for joy riding?

zoomboy

so today i saw a yellow viper with a black stripe going across it in a busy weekend parking lot. it looked pretty nice and low. but as a car people seem to not really care about it at all. so does the viper get any attention on the road? there seems to be not much shock factor on that car in maryland , because there are quite a few around here. is the viper still a supercar? just seems like people dont care about it much anymore. when i see one on the road , i do see a few young boys looking at it. but as for chicks and adults, they dont even turn thier head at all. how about in your area? is that car still worth getting as a weekend supercar? :eusa_think:

Absolutely worth it. I plan on getting another one. Torque is your friend and the Viper has plenty of it. Supercar performance and service is as close as your nearest Dodge dealer. Personally I prefer the Gen 1 and 2 over the current model but they all have excellent performance. My 96 GTS was supercharged and never gave me any problems. I sold it with 84,000 miles on it. I miss that car.

IMO Vipers are one of the biggest bang for the bucks out there in terms of performance, exotic/sleek looks, the "fun-to-drive" factor, and just all out sex-appeal. They are pure badasss, with awesome performance and one hell of a mean stance. However, they are NOT supercars. (And although there performance speaks for itself, they are also not on the same level as a Lambo). If you are looking for something to cause traffic jams, a Viper is probably not the ticket.

Speaking for myself however, a Viper rolling through my town would be news for a week. :icon_mrgreen: (Although, I live in a small primarily middle-class town in Northwest NJ). Obviously for MANY of the other guys on this board, that will NOT be the case.

I recently picked up a VOI9 coupe - translation: white coupe with stripes, limited edition.

Turns out this is one of the funnest cars I've had. I call it the "Hooters car". Not very refined. It is what it is, and its great fun.

Does not replace other cars, but its the kind of car you always want to have around.

My G may be a sleek jet fighter but easy to drive, the Viper a brute beast that demands the utmost attention to drive at any speed.

A viper gets a ton of attention. My got too much at times, but I LOOVE the Viper. Here's mine that I built.

front%20intercooler.JPG

front%20intercooler%203.JPG

DSC05392.JPG

The low end pull of a Viper gives it a seat of the pants feel greater than most exotics, and maybe even the mighty Ford GT as well in the lower speeds...

The '08 models will bump up to 8.4 liters, 600 hp, 600 lb-ft of authority.

I love my viper, best car i've owned yet! Random girls ask to crawl on the hood and take pics too! :icon_thumleft: DSCN3120r.jpg

:icon_thumleft: AWSOME! so chicks do dig the viper after all.

:icon_thumleft: AWSOME! so chicks do dig the viper after all.

trust me, every girl Ive known that likes cars (and most that dont) all love the Vipers

Viper=chick magnet

Diablo=teenage boy magnet :(

man I fudged up :lol2:

trust me, every girl Ive known that likes cars (and most that dont) all love the Vipers

Viper=chick magnet

Diablo=teenage boy magnet :(

man I fudged up :lol2:

are you serious are are you joking??? so a viper gets more chicks than a diablo??.. hmmmm..... :eusa_think:

are you serious are are you joking??? so a viper gets more chicks than a diablo??.. hmmmm..... :eusa_think:

around here they do

seems only fat country girls like it :(

I bought it for me so I dont care alot about what others think :)

Well I drove a SRT-10 coupe, blue with white strips from denver back to the springs. The car got a ton of attention for a sunday drive.

So far its the fastest car I have ever drivin before in my life and at only 80k what more can you ask for?. Iv'e been considering looking into a used GTS since those things can be tuned easly for a ton of HP.

so today i saw a yellow viper with a black stripe going across it in a busy weekend parking lot. it looked pretty nice and low. but as a car people seem to not really care about it at all. so does the viper get any attention on the road? there seems to be not much shock factor on that car in maryland , because there are quite a few around here. is the viper still a supercar? just seems like people dont care about it much anymore. when i see one on the road , i do see a few young boys looking at it. but as for chicks and adults, they dont even turn thier head at all. how about in your area? is that car still worth getting as a weekend supercar? :eusa_think:

Ya, I regret getting an M3 over the VIPER...I would get alot more attention on campus with the Viper.

I absolutely love the viper. The newer body design is eh. The older body style is extremely sexy. Hmm, I just got a new PT job that pays well...trade up the Lexus for a Viper :eusa_think: ? NAH :icon_mrgreen:. A Viper with straight pipes shakes the ground :icon_pray: .

I recently picked up a VOI9 coupe - translation: white coupe with stripes, limited edition.

Turns out this is one of the funnest cars I've had. I call it the "Hooters car". Not very refined. It is what it is, and its great fun.

Does not replace other cars, but its the kind of car you always want to have around.

My G may be a sleek jet fighter but easy to drive, the Viper a brute beast that demands the utmost attention to drive at any speed.

Is it white with blue stripes? That is my favorite color combination on the Viper :icon_thumleft: . WE NEED PICS :icon_mrgreen: .

I have a 01 Yellow GTS, and I love it. I live in a decent size city of about 125,000. It is a neck breaker around here though. Everywhere I go people stop and talk to me. Like everyone says bang for the buck is surely there when your talking supercars.

Is it white with blue stripes? That is my favorite color combination on the Viper :icon_thumleft: . WE NEED PICS :icon_mrgreen: .

All the VOI9 coupes are white with blue stripes. Sharp looking cars

for the money they are nice cars. I had a 2001 GTS and a 05' SRT10 Mamba edition with a S/C. but once you have stepped up to a Murci/Gallardo/997turbo there is simply no comparison. IMO

In Miami, I dont give them a second look unless I see an Intercooler behind the front bumper. They are like Camrys here. I personally like them, but when you see 16 year olds that have them all the time in South Beach, it gets old.

Yes the Viper is worth getting for Joy Riding its an amazing car. Hopefully you are a good driver it has no traction control..Be careful don't burn your leg on the exhaust pipes.