Jerry Seinfeld's 993 Turbo S for sale

PorscheDude

The car is worth a premium. Unique color, low miles, and special previous owner, who is a P car fanatic.

That car w/o celebrity ownership is probably worth close to $150k. Who cares who owned it before?!

That car w/o celebrity ownership is probably worth close to $150k. Who cares who owned it before?!

Agree. Perhaps, this places me among the exception but unless it has some HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE but the Celeb Owned factor DOES nothing for me. If anything at all, I perceived it as more of a liability than asset.

Regular non celebrity owned Turbo S's are in the $100-$130k range. I agree with abolfaz on the $150k for this particular car considering the low mileage and rare color. My father was on the hunt for one of these about 4 years ago and I became pretty familiar with the market. It has not changed much since then, with some appreciation for low mileage cars.

what if he farted in it?! :lol2:

Ironic that this car is being sold as Celebrity-Owned, given that an episode of Seinfeld dealt with this very topic.

I fcuking hate 911's; always have. I had the opportunity to buy a late-model yellow/black Turbo this past winter and could have made easy money on it (the wrong dealer had it and wanted it gone). I passed because I didn't even want to drive the thing home, let-alone be caught dead in it. I had the displeasure of later learning that the party I would have bought it from, took my advice and sold it on eBay. Sold it for $12,500 more than what they offered it to me for.

Yes, for that, I would have trailered the thing to my shop, then sold it. :rolleyes:

The only stereotype I'll publicly make, is that guys who drive Porsche 911's are ass-holes. Every one I've met, and every one I've encountered at my best friend's shop that repairs them, has been an ass-hole.

I'd like to think that Jerry Seinfeld is a cool guy. He did a cool thing by getting out of that show at the top of his game and every time he's been in the media he's been cool. But given how many of those fcuking Volkswagen's he owns, he has to be the King of the ass-holes.

cheers,

~Double

Ironic that this car is being sold as Celebrity-Owned, given that an episode of Seinfeld dealt with this very topic.

I fcuking hate 911's; always have. I had the opportunity to buy a late-model yellow/black Turbo this past winter and could have made easy money on it (the wrong dealer had it and wanted it gone). I passed because I didn't even want to drive the thing home, let-alone be caught dead in it. I had the displeasure of later learning that the party I would have bought it from, took my advice and sold it on eBay. Sold it for $12,500 more than what they offered it to me for.

Yes, for that, I would have trailered the thing to my shop, then sold it. :rolleyes:

The only stereotype I'll publicly make, is that guys who drive Porsche 911's are ass-holes. Every one I've met, and every one I've encountered at my best friend's shop that repairs them, has been an ass-hole.

I'd like to think that Jerry Seinfeld is a cool guy. He did a cool thing by getting out of that show at the top of his game and every time he's been in the media he's been cool. But given how many of those fcuking Volkswagen's he owns, he has to be the King of the ass-holes.

cheers,

~Double

:lol2:

All Porsche Drivers are assholes.

Jerry Seinfield is a Porsche Driver.

Thus, Jerry Seinfield is an asshole.

Deductive reasoning always works best!

So, are you looking for sport and comfort? I would get the Porsche because it is awesome all around and it won't take as bad of a depreciation hit compared to Bimmer. How long are you going to hold onto it for? How often are you driving daily? Unless I had a 1+ hour commute, I go with the 4s. And even then, I could argue that the 4s is just as comfortable as the M.

Mr Doctor, you liked them just two months ago. What happened?

How does deductive reasoning work? :icon_mrgreen:

Mr Doctor, you liked them just two months ago. What happened?

How does deductive reasoning work? :icon_mrgreen:

I still do!

This is the most awesome-ist 993 I have ever seen!

I just thought Double's reasioning was hillarious :icon_mrgreen: .

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck; it must be a duck :icon_mrgreen:.

The asking price is about spot on.The colour rocks and the 993turbo S is an awsome car,best 911 of the last 20 years imo.I had a chance to buy one 6 months ago but it was yellow and i can't stand yellow Porsches.

As far as 911 owners being assholes the same can be said about just about any group.

As far as 911 owners being assholes the same can be said about just about any group.

:iamwithstupid:

While some are pretty overpriced, this guy seems to have a couple in his inventory at any given time. (Maybe not in his "possesion" as I think most of these cars are on consignment)

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=187

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=218

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=240

And this one (94 911TS), while not a 993 is equally as rare as the 993TTS (If not more)

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=263

:iamwithstupid:

While some are pretty overpriced, this guy seems to have a couple in his inventory at any given time. (Maybe not in his "possesion" as I think most of these cars are on consignment)

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=187

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=218

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=240

And this one (94 911TS), while not a 993 is equally as rare as the 993TTS (If not more)

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=263

Sloan also had this Seinfeld Turbo S for a long time, IIRC he wanted $225,000 for it... I don't know what it sold for though.

I couldn't care less about Seinfeld but I love this car, the 993 Turbo S is the last of the aircooled 911s, very rare, highly collectable, and the color is spectacular!

Sloan also had this Seinfeld Turbo S for a long time, IIRC he wanted $225,000 for it... I don't know what it sold for though.

I couldn't care less about Seinfeld but I love this car, the 993 Turbo S is the last of the aircooled 911s, very rare, highly collectable, and the color is spectacular!

Yes, that is where I originally saw it, I am not sure he had it, it may have been on his site on consignement.

Every one I've met, and every one I've encountered at my best friend's shop that repairs them, has been an ass-hole.

Who is your friend and whats the name of his shop?

cheers,

~Double

You find A-holes in every group. From such diverse groups, as dog owners to boat owners, you will find all kinds of people. Every group has helpful owners and porcupines.

Ok car is HOT!!

But it really doesnt help if you buy the car if it was owned by Jerry , Once you get the new tittle

Jerry's name is off it. So you cant sell the car as Celebrity owned if your the 2nd owner with you name on the title.... Am I wrong??

Ok car is HOT!!

But it really doesnt help if you buy the car if it was owned by Jerry , Once you get the new tittle

Jerry's name is off it. So you cant sell the car as Celebrity owned if your the 2nd owner with you name on the title.... Am I wrong??

Oh Jerry's name has probably been off of it for a while now as I believe there have been at least one or 2 other owners, but I would imagine there is some documentation proving he was the 1st owner... However IMO the car is a very unique, significant Porsche that's worth what it's worth on it's own merit.

The Seinfeld ownership is a nice story and fun to tell your buddies but I just don't think it adds any real value to the car. There are of course some exceptions, but in most cases celebrity ownership adds little to no value in the end.

The asking price is about spot on.The colour rocks and the 993turbo S is an awsome car,best 911 of the last 20 years imo.I had a chance to buy one 6 months ago but it was yellow and i can't stand yellow Porsches.

I fully agree. I had the chance to drive a 993 Turbo and it is still, to this day, the most fun I've had in any car. Arena Red...it was perfect. :)

Are you considering this one Aram? As you say, the color is pretty cool, the car is immaculate.

-Olivier