im buying a brand new segway! no more walking from now on.....

zoomboy

hi im currently in the market for a brand new segway. does anyone here have one yet? i want to get some info on them before buying one. how reliable are they? what do they run on? and are they legal to use in malls, and parks? they are a little over 3000.00 each . so i want to get some info on them if anyone here had use them before.

hi im currently in the market for a brand new segway. does anyone here have one yet? i want to get some info on them before buying one. how reliable are they? what do they run on? and are they legal to use in malls, and parks? they are a little over 3000.00 each . so i want to get some info on them if anyone here had use them before.

I've spec'd a few out and never seen one under $6500; over $7,000 for the one I'd get!

Honestly, the people i've seen using them, should be walking...

Not saying that is your case, but i don't see them as being all that great? Perhaps i'm just ignorant, but it doesn't appeal to me.

There's a guy here in San Diego that selling used ones for $2500.00

If you can get new ones for $3000 I'll take a two dozen.

The cops use them here at the Phoenix Airport. I was just there over the weekend they are all "copped" out black with Police badging. looked like shit out of a movie.

what is the difference in models? i thought they are all the same? dont they all just do one thing, to carry you around. but i still have never seen them used in shopping malls. i wonder if they are legal there?

The golf pro where I live said they are looking in to getting a couple to try to start replacing the golf carts they use. I guess they are much much easier on the grass, but I still cant figure out where Im going to fit a 12 pack on a segway!

Replacing golf carts with segways would be a big mistake, honestly I believe so. Adding segways to features would be excellent added values to customers, but the major demographics of golf courses wouldn't be keen on it IMO.

Personally, I'm waiting on ordering a Piaggio, Vespa, or Moto Guzzi (whatever toy appeals most), so I'll settle for my bike to get around the city when I don't feel like driving.

The golf pro where I live said they are looking in to getting a couple to try to start replacing the golf carts they use. I guess they are much much easier on the grass, but I still cant figure out where Im going to fit a 12 pack on a segway!

I cant imagine them being popular at the course, you have the geriatrics that cant stand longer than to get off the cart to drive then get back in it. If you actually had to stand the entire time at the course no one would play there.

The answers to most of your questions are on the website... http://www.segway.com/

They're ELECTRIC. The difference in models and options are on the website. I can't imagine there's a mall in America that would let you ride one inside though, and why would you? A little exercise is good for you! ;)

Where are you finding NEW ones for $3000? MSRP on the cheapest model is $5000, what dealer is discounting them that much?

• 2 years later...

You guys really think you'll be using them?

I tried it, its ok, wouldn't use it.

... what if you were injured (e.g. broken foot) and you couldn't walk? This might be better than a wheel chair, no?

7k for a what if machine? Really?

Errr.... Whatchout for faceplants guys....

I did come across a collegue of mine who did a faceplant in full view of the public (at an airport while doing a trial run)when he screwed up with the segway.

One of the car guy TV shows showed them customizing a bentley to allow a lift for a segway out of the trunk.

I think the owner of the car owned Monster cables or something.

He has a disease that makes it hard for him to walk. but he can stand fine so the segway was ideal.

One of the car guy TV shows showed them customizing a bentley to allow a lift for a segway out of the trunk.

I think the owner of the car owned Monster cables or something.

He has a disease that makes it hard for him to walk. but he can stand fine so the segway was ideal.

http://www.monstercable.com/promotions/WWC/default.asp