Placid

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a beauty! :icon_thumleft:

Give me a shout if you're ever in Sthlm, I'd love to see it in person :)

I doubt I'll ever go that far, but if it happens I'll give you a shout. And if you are ever on the other side, around Göteborg and north of it, I might be close :icon_thumleft:

Placid,

thanks for the new photo, the car still looks amazing. Any more new photos?

I think maybe he took a few more from the event.

Anyway, I've asked if he has time to do a new shoot at a cool location overlooking Oslo. But the weather has to allow it too, there's like a rainstorm here now lol.

I think maybe he took a few more from the event.

Anyway, I've asked if he has time to do a new shoot at a cool location overlooking Oslo. But the weather has to allow it too, there's like a rainstorm here now lol.

Great, can never have too many photos of the Jota. The white indicator lights and tinted side windows are definitely an improvement.

I live in the UK, I'm used to rainstorms!

Great, can never have too many photos of the Jota. The white indicator lights and tinted side windows are definitely an improvement.

I live in the UK, I'm used to rainstorms!

Yea, there's a lot of small and big fixes I've done. Both bumpers repainted as rear one was burnt badly from the exhuast, and front one har a crack and some chips. A heat shield is in place now, and also the ugly reverse camera which was mounted on the rear bumber is gone and replaced with one hidden the plate frame. And the exhaust is new (Tubi!).

Last week I also had the paint cleansed and sealed (don't know if this is the correct terminology in english :P), and the parts with the original paint look 99% flawless, after 16 years! Quite amazing.

There's still a few more things I want to do with the car tho, but it's getting pretty damn near perfect imo.

BTW, since you are in the UK, seen this classified? :shock: :eusa_think:

From what I hear, the car looks quite nasty up close as well

Yea, there's a lot of small and big fixes I've done. Both bumpers repainted as rear one was burnt badly from the exhuast, and front one har a crack and some chips. A heat shield is in place now, and also the ugly reverse camera which was mounted on the rear bumber is gone and replaced with one hidden the plate frame. And the exhaust is new (Tubi!).

Last week I also had the paint cleansed and sealed (don't know if this is the correct terminology in english :P), and the parts with the original paint look 99% flawless, after 16 years! Quite amazing.

There's still a few more things I want to do with the car tho, but it's getting pretty damn near perfect imo.

BTW, since you are in the UK, seen this classified? :shock: :eusa_think:

From what I hear, the car looks quite nasty up close as well

Placid, yes, i've actually seen the yellow Jota about 7 or 8 years ago. It was looking okay then. Massive exhausts and did have the rear Jota badge as well. Saw the owner at a show about 2 years ago and had a chat to him, it had been at the factory for a long time but had returned to the UK where it has been for sale for ages. There was also a Miura SV that was going for £1million! There's a video clip of the Jota at that dealer. Sounds great!

Placid, yes, i've actually seen the yellow Jota about 7 or 8 years ago. It was looking okay then. Massive exhausts and did have the rear Jota badge as well. Saw the owner at a show about 2 years ago and had a chat to him, it had been at the factory for a long time but had returned to the UK where it has been for sale for ages. There was also a Miura SV that was going for £1million! There's a video clip of the Jota at that dealer. Sounds great!

Nothing would make me happier than seeing it actually go for £500,000.00 :icon_mrgreen:

Nothing would make me happier than seeing actually go for £500,000.00 :icon_mrgreen:

Ye, I bet you would! Unfortunatly, that is extremely unlikely to sell at even a quarter of that price in today's market.

Ye, I bet you would! Unfortunatly, that is extremely unlikely to sell at even a quarter of that price in today's market.

I'd say about £200-250k is where it's at, depending on the car of course. The "high" milage, colored wheels, and blue and yellow (?) interior are certainly not a plus, at least not in my eyes. The RHD also narrows it down even more, so the market for such a car is extremely small, finding a buyer is hard at any price not ridiculously low.

I'd say about £200-250k is where it's at, depending on the car of course. The "high" milage, colored wheels, and blue and yellow (?) interior are certainly not a plus, at least not in my eyes. The RHD also narrows it down even more, and the market for such a car is extremely small, finding a buyer is hard at any price not ridiculously low.

I believe that the colours are all as the car left the factory. It was used for promotional photos etc. I don't know of another SE30 with colour matching wheels.

The US Jota is showing on Ebay at an asking price of over £122K. There is a UK SE30 going for about £100K, so that's about right at the current time I guess. RHD would probably attract the far east market I expect.

I believe that the colours are all as the car left the factory. It was used for promotional photos etc. I don't know of another SE30 with colour matching wheels.

The US Jota is showing on Ebay at an asking price of over £122K. There is a UK SE30 going for about £100K, so that's about right at the current time I guess. RHD would probably attract the far east market I expect.

The US Jota is Kane00's old car and I believe there is more to that story as to the price.....Im just curious if a car that left the factory as a jota with the jota badge will go for more money then a converted SE30?

I'd say about £200-250k is where it's at, depending on the car of course. The "high" milage, colored wheels, and blue and yellow (?) interior are certainly not a plus, at least not in my eyes. The RHD also narrows it down even more, so the market for such a car is extremely small, finding a buyer is hard at any price not ridiculously low.

i think a great Jota is not worth over 200k euro now, only perfect diablo GTs are over 200k euro at the moment

it will go up but it is not diablo time now (...they will all have to wait few years)

but i would not worry: just wait and enjoy ;).... its time will come and i bet a Jota will be more expensive than a GT one day! (nor that i think you will ever sell it )

The US Jota is Kane00's old car and I believe there is more to that story as to the price.....Im just curious if a car that left the factory as a jota with the jota badge will go for more money then a converted SE30?

i think Kane's car was/is a nice one

some may had been worried about the small accident, i do not get that....collectors fight for 60's cars that had been in much bigger accidents and are worried about such a small thing (or so it looks in the video)

i do not think it was anything big and the car looks new now

as for factory built cars....may be, but not a big difference imo

i think Kane's car was/is a nice one

some may had been worried about the small accident, i do not get that....collectors fight for 60's cars that had been in much bigger accidents and are worried about such a small thing (or so it looks in the video)

i do not think it was anything big and the car looks new now

as for factory built cars....may be, but not a big difference imo

I couldnt agree with you more. Shit look at the market for restored Ferraris that have burned up and been totalled.

Im just curious if a car that left the factory as a jota with the jota badge will go for more money then a converted SE30?

The issue I see with a converted SE30 not done by Lamborghini, is that you probably don't know who did the job or how well it is done.

This is obviously not the case with the two converted SE30's on this forum as we know who did it, and that it was done to perfection.

i think a great Jota is not worth over 200k euro now, only perfect diablo GTs are over 200k euro at the moment

it will go up but it is not diablo time now (...they will all have to wait few years)

but i would not worry: just wait and enjoy ;).... its time will come and i bet a Jota will be more expensive than a GT one day! (nor that i think you will ever sell it )

When I bought my car, there was two Jota's listed in Europe for 210k euro. It was not the same car in the pictures, but I think they were for the same car (mine). I did not buy it through any of these ads though.

The GT is a truly amazing car, but remember how many more there are than Jotas. They are quite common in comparison. So I think you are are absolutely right in your statements :icon_thumleft:

Some of the older Lamborghinis are starting to go for huge money compared to a few years ago, especially Miuras and I believe 350 & 400GTs in particular. I reckon that SE30 values will eventually rise in the same way, as they are rare cars, with the Jota being especially rare. It's a pity that the whereabouts of so many SE30s is unknown, and most are rarely seen.

Doing a couple of shoots the next days, if the damn weather allows it. Trying some night-time pics this time, but it gets so cold that parts of the car is all covered in moist when it gets too late :(

I think some of the pics will come out pretty sick tho! Here's a small taste :eusa_dance:

stian01.jpg

Doing a couple of shoots the next days, if the damn weather allows it. Trying some night-time pics this time, but it gets so cold that parts of the car is all covered in moist when it gets too late :(

I think some of the pics will come out pretty sick tho! Here's a small taste :eusa_dance:

Come over to the UK, it's been sunny here all day. Great, can't wait to see them.

honestly, that's my all time favorite Lambo :)

Might need to agree on that. The one part that for me makes the biggest difference in the looks compartment is the pointier front bumper. Makes it so much more agressive than the rest. Got time the other day to look it up close, and has to say that thinking this car has been on the road for more than 16 years is hard to belive. Just a pity that later modes (Audi's....) doesn'nt kept up being as agressive. I want my supercar to scare people!!

DSC07904.JPG

DSC07912.JPG

DSC07913.JPG

DSC07905.JPG

:icon_super: Placid your car looks sick, and photos as well! Congrats!

I just toured Köpenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm, I think that Oslo is most pictoresque of them all.

The new operahouse is outstanding, walked to its roof and around.

Time for another batch! The photo guy found an awesome location, but to get there I had to drive half a mile on a sidewalk. So we went out late one night when there was no pedestrians out etc, and the pics turned out pretty good... :icon_thumleft:

First pic:

stian03.jpg

Time for another batch! The photo guy found an awesome location, but to get there I had to drive half a mile on a sidewalk. So we went out late one night when there was no pedestrians out etc, and the pics turned out pretty good... :icon_thumleft:

First pic:

Are copying Lamborghini by releasing a teazer pic every few days!? :)