Ferrari 355

Jerry123

Allan has extensive knowledge of the 355. This one seems expensive.

Keep in mind its in Canadian Dollars. Allan, care to chime in?

Keep in mind its in Canadian Dollars. Allan, care to chime in?

ah, yes, there was an AZ yellow 355 for about the same price. Sat forever, than it was gone.

ah, yes, there was an AZ yellow 355 for about the same price. Sat forever, than it was gone.

Well that dealer i posted has two 355's. One yellow, one blue. They havent been sitting for that long, but i wanted some opinions on the car.

I don't like it much.Finish is cheap,it doesn't perform that well,you get heat in the passenger conpartment from the engine when the top is down.I would stay away unless you have your mind set on one

I don't like it much.Finish is cheap,it doesn't perform that well,you get heat in the passenger conpartment from the engine when the top is down.I would stay away unless you have your mind set on one

This is Aram's polite version of what Allan is about to come and say ;)

But as a beater, just adding an exhaust and using daily for a fun drive. What you think?

i bought a 99 F1 for my wife in March and the car is absolutley great and if you get a nice clean car, it is a horse. you are better off buying a 98-99 MY as it seems to have less problems. mine came with a tubi and it just sounds amazing. i would say for a daily beater you can't go wrong.

As for the heat coming from the engine compartment all i can tell you is that i had more heat issues from the engine compartment from my murcie roadster than i have now with the 355. you should also know that it is not a blazing fast car but for what it's worth i would have one in my garage anyday.

post-8891-1188215920_thumb.jpg

Everythings relative.....and thats definately not what was said at the time of release.....it was, and I guess still should be, an excellent car comparatively speaking. Make sure you get a good one, and bare in mind it will cost the same to maintain as a new car if it goes wrong.

for a 99 F1 spider with low miles 7000-8000 miles clean no story car with service done you are looking at about $98K-$105K . i looked for over 5 months trying to find a nice one but mostly what's out there are rats

I saw dark blue 355 with tan top/interior going down H2 on Oahu this weekend, from the back, it had a big wide ass that looked hot! Seriously I think they look nice. Also have seen red/tan hardtop 355 here on the island looked even better to my eye than convertable... I like the cars - just wish they were more reliable and took less maintenence - no personal experience though all word of mouth...

I woulod have to rank a 355 as one of the most pathetic excuses for an automobile to come from Italy in many years. Inmo, it is a HORRID piece of crap. Slow, horrible steering feel, terrible build quality, and did I mention SLOW. Seriously, it is a terrible car.

I woulod have to rank a 355 as one of the most pathetic excuses for an automobile to come from Italy in many years. Inmo, it is a HORRID piece of crap. Slow, horrible steering feel, terrible build quality, and did I mention SLOW. Seriously, it is a terrible car.

so, there was nothing you liked about it?

Did you like the looks of the 355? You didnt mention that in your post.

so, there was nothing you liked about it?

Did you like the looks of the 355? You didnt mention that in your post.

At first I did, but that wore off quickly. I honestly hated that car, even moreso then my 348TS.

Show me one with a more resonable price tag?

They are out there, with those miles, sticky interior, shrunk dash, I can get them all day long in the $60's. There are two yellow ones that I know of right now, one 97 the other a 99. I wouldn't pay that much for a 355 unless it had LOW miles and was in near mint condition.