94 se price info

christiann

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making the little one electric would be kind a silly :icon_mrgreen:

But it would save your wrist from doing too much exercise! :icon_mrgreen:

He had got it like that directly from the factory. He is very connected in Italy (not sure if that has any relevance.)

My family has a few cars in the mille miglia and does some ferrari racing and time trial stuff. His wife bought him a brand new white diablo for his 50th birthday. Shortly after, he purchased the SE30 and used the white one for track duty. Now, he sold the white one and kept the SE30.

EDIT: It's #77

Nice,

Where's the car now?

-J

Yeah, it's why we all drive different cars. Everybody has different tastes. I'm not an SLR guy, I have friends like you who love them, but it's not my cup of tea.

Chris,

I have not driven a Jota car. The Jota was a 595 hp SE30. Without going into the technical details of the motor, the chassis and suspension were standard SE30. As you know, my car is set up very aggressive, camber, toe in, etc. so I'm basing my opinion on how mine handles. That being said, the F40 is a much better and faster track car. The Jota would need much more than 595hp to catch it. The chassis of the F40 is a much better platform for track use and it weighs considerably less. And if I still had my F40, I would update the turbos, ECU and outfit it with modern rubber, and the outcome wouldn't even be close. Both are great cars, but drive completely different.

Keith

No one is saying the Diablo is not a great car, I drove them for almost 10 years. Had I not have had Diablos, im certain even with what is available today, I would want one.

• 4 weeks later...
I too have driven the SE extensively. As I said, not my cup of tea, the small early brakes, and the windows kill it for me. Running through canyons with other drivers is not a big deal. Trust me, anyone in a CGT, knowing what they are doing, will DESTROY, not just the SE, but any Diablo. Again, inmo, give me a 6.0 or SV anyday.

:iamwithstupid:

This conversation is over when diablos are competing with cgt's etc.....

The diablo was great in its day..fantastic even...but it will NEVER be an icon IMHO. The Muira and Ct's already are, and will keep their 'mad poster exotic' images....however many problems they had. The diablo, although much improved, from a design perspective at least, is a bit of a boat by comparison. And im about to buy a 6.0, so im a fan. SE30 wheels and colours.... :eusa_think:

Jota..... :eusa_dance:.....but near 600hp????????????????????????????????? No turbos....no blowers....no nitrous.....how exactly?

The diablo was great in its day..fantastic even...but it will NEVER be an icon IMHO. The Muira and Ct's already are, and will keep their 'mad poster exotic' images....however many problems they had. The diablo, although much improved, from a design perspective at least, is a bit of a boat by comparison. And im about to buy a 6.0, so im a fan. SE30 wheels and colours.... :eusa_think:

Jota..... :eusa_dance:.....but near 600hp????????????????????????????????? No turbos....no blowers....no nitrous.....how exactly?

keep in mind SE30 is lightest production diablo, MUCH lighter than a 6.0 VT.

jota kit has: hot cams, timing, completely different intakes, air filters, ECUS, exhaust and more: i don't know if it really made 590-600 flywheels hp (we could know soon though), but it was fast, really faster than a regular SE30

i personally am a fan of diablos: probably not all diablos will become GREAT collector items (as not all countach are not on top of vintage cars collection today ), but to me there are good chance SE30 and GT will become icons

i am an SE30 lover and a fan of purple color, black SE 30 look even nicer to me

(i also don't understand why many dislike its wheels: to me they look nice and are also lighter, rare magnesium wheels :icon_thumleft: )

i'd personally take an SE30 over a 6.0 and a jota SE30 over a GT

p.s. as its great predecessors diablos had many problems to LOL

This conversation is over when diablos are competing with cgt's etc.....

First, I don't give a rats ass about "mad poster exotics" And I'm not a Lamborghini, is the be all to end all homer either. I drive whatever the hell I feel like. I bought the SE because it is a car I enjoy driving fast, it is engaging, and I love the way it looks. When I had my F40, I felt the same way.

As far as the CGT goes, you are wrong. Ask Vinking who watched all day as I ran right with it and a friends SLR in the Malibu canyons. Speed is dependent on many, many factors. Driver, tires, outside temp etc. I've done over 15,000 miles of driving in Gumball's and Bullruns, and watched many of so called super fast cars fall to what appeared to be slower ones. When you get multiple cars in the 500+ horsepower range it takes a whole lot to pull away. Go watch the video of the LP640/twin turbo/Gallardo/Subaru/Lotus video and notice that even though the 640 is vastly more powerful than the Porsche, it is not all that far ahead at the end of 3 laps. Though the Porsche weighs less, on paper it should still be crushed by the 640.

On the Jota, we are just getting ready to install the kit. We are first going to see what the difference is between the camshafts, then begin install. When it's done we will dyno it as well. The power gains will come from the cams, revised ECU's, double throttle bodies and the big jump should be the postive pressure the intakes create at speed. There is so little information on the Jota cars, all I can say is we will see once it gets done.

I think the 6.0's are great cars. Try taking the 4wd out, you can shed a couple hundred pounds.

On the Jota, we are just getting ready to install the kit. We are first going to see what the difference is between the camshafts, then begin install. When it's done we will dyno it as well. The power gains will come from the cams, revised ECU's, double throttle bodies and the big jump should be the postive pressure the intakes create at speed. There is so little information on the Jota cars, all I can say is we will see once it gets done.

I think the 6.0's are great cars. Try taking the 4wd out, you can shed a couple hundred pounds.

I read or heard somewhere that the Jota also features a revised injection system, do you know anything about this? Or is this all done through the ECU maybe?

Well, the Diablo Jota has 600 hp just like the Countach QV has "455" hp...;)

The displacement on the 5.7 motor would peg it at about 105 hp/liter for 600 hp...not entirely outrageous for 1994, especially if "race" parts are used.

If we're going to challenge the Jota's power we might as well challenge every other Diablo power claim as well.