AZ Mercedes Accident scene pics and Info.

Allan-Herbie

Who's giving excuses ?

All I say to you guys is watch your 6 and make sure your mug will not be the next one to appear on the news because it can happen to each and everyone of us next.

This thread started bothering me as I felt it generates to much negative energy that can turn god forbid into irony if you know what I'm sayin..

I just think that it could have been me, or my wife since we drive this road every day, more than once a day.

Its a tragedy all around. There are no winners here.

But, if the laws were broken, just like DUIs, then justice shouild be served.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miyagi
I realize why you want to see Bluemax crucified and beheaded in the center of town... because he was driving an AMG 63, the sedan that humiliated the Gallardo.... hehehe... please tell me I'm wrong.. :lol2:

Bottom line is, if anyone from here would go out tonight and kill someone while driving drunk, I will NOT call for his head handed to me tomorrow because god knows how many times I drove drunk when I shouldn't.. I just don't have it in me, double standards make me sick..

Did I do worse then going 120 mph in the center of town ? Of course I did, many times. The age is irrelevant, I never claimed Bluemax to be the sharpest tool anyway...

Well we are looking at this from different perspective.

Never ever driven while under the influence of anything. Never Ever did 100+ in a residental area.

Your drink driving comment speaks volumes.....bottom line is life is precious!!

No one deserves to have theirs cut short and if is then the law stipulate suitable punishment.

I agree to disagree with you.

But, if the laws were broken, just like DUIs, then justice shouild be served.

OK, but why be over zealous ?

And also remember, racing on the highway can be as dangerous as on local streets, the results from racing accident on LOOP 202 (driving 170 mph for example) can be as fatal as Bluemax's accident. (one innocent driver)

So where is all the righteousness coming from ?

I realize why you want to see Bluemax crucified and beheaded in the center of town... because he was driving an AMG 63, the sedan that humiliated the Gallardo.... hehehe... please tell me I'm wrong.. :lol2:

Bottom line is, if anyone from here would go out tonight and kill someone while driving drunk, I will NOT call for his head handed to me tomorrow because god knows how many times I drove drunk when I shouldn't.. I just don't have it in me, double standards make me sick..

Did I do worse then going 120 mph in the center of town ? Of course I did, many times. The age is irrelevant, I never claimed Bluemax to be the sharpest tool anyway...

:lol2: :lol2: No not because of the Gallardo. Because of the bullshit he said about me. Besides his deal was with Ajglobal and his Gallardo. What the hell do I care? :lol2:

I agree with you about having done stupid things, but as we have grown older, we stop doing the majority of them, or learn how to decrease the risk of the stupid things we do. What he did was idiotic.

I do realise what you say, I know he didnt mean to go out and kill someone, Im certain he feels sorry for it, if it were in my hands I honestly wouldnt ruin his life. Unfortunately others in our society dont do things the same way.

Your drink driving comment speaks volumes.....bottom line is life is precious!!

I agree to disagree with you.

Yes, I am fortunate and counting my blessings everyday for not being in Bluemax's shoes... and so should most of the members here too..

Disagree with me as much as you want, just don't let Irony catch up with you and bite you on your ass.. it will hurt.. :crybaby2:

Guest miyagi
Yes, I am fortunate and counting my blessings everyday for not being in Bluemax's shoes... and so should most of the members here too..

Disagree with me as much as you want, just don't let Irony catch up with you and bite you on your ass.. it will hurt.. :crybaby2:

Agreed it would be bitch. But it won't happen to me!!

Joe, you know I never drink and drive! :drunk: :lol2: :lol2: :drunk: :rant:

I'm sorry. I just can't have any sympathy for Bluemax.

If someone who rarely drinks alcohol goes to a wedding one night, has a glass or two more of chanpange, then killed someone driving home, that person I could possibly feel sorry for. They made a rare mistake, and it's costing them.

Bluemax is NOT THAT GUY. Bluemax is the 42 year old raging alcoholic who is constantly bragging on the internet and to friends about how much he can drink, and bragging about how he drives better when he's drunk. Then he eventually killed someone. I can't feel sorry for someone like that. It's idiotic.

I can say with all honestly I don't remember the last time I raced someone. I drive a ricer and I get challenged to race about once a month from some kid. I just ignore them. I'm too old for that and not interested in wrapping my car around a light pole.

Yes, it can happen to anyone of us. But my odds are extremely low, because I don't participate in bonehead activities like Bluemax.

But it won't happen to me!!

:lol2: :icon_pray:

Nobody wants to be where BlueMax is.

That would be tough.

No shit.. :shock:

Joe, you know I never drink and drive

Never..

:lol2:

I can say with all honestly I don't remember the last time I raced someone. I drive a ricer and I get challenged to race about once a month from some kid. I just ignore them. I'm too old for that and not interested in wrapping my car around a light pole.

Attachment_20050518_E11F8CF6.jpg

IMO, once you hit 24, you should be mature enough not to streetrace other people and drink responsibly.

I am sure most of us have driven when we were over the alcohol limit - I know I have. Hell I drove home on New Year after I had about severak drinks over the course of 4 hours. I was definitely buzzing. BUT I just felt buzzy... if I was having problems walking straight or slurring speech or feeling like superman I'd have slept in my car in the parking lot. And I drove 70mph the whole way on the highway as I usually do. I also had my car up to 180mph on the highway once when I was coming back from my GF"s house at around 5am on a Sunday morning and there was a huge long straight. I've done my share of stoplight racing too!

We have a road here that looks very similar to Allan's road. The speed limit is 45mph. I am younger than Bluemax and when I was 18 or 19 I used to race my POS on that road. I remember racing some guy in a Camaro when I was probably 18yrs old... it was late, maybe around 2am and we hit a red light together. I probably got up to 75mph before I was so far ahead I hit the brakes. There was NO cars on the road. I did the stoplight thing a few times too during the day when it was busy.... max I would do is maybe 55-60mph before I hit the brakes. 50% because I didnt feel safe at faster than that (and at 15mph over you're still in speeding-ticket territory not reckless driving territory), and because I was afraid of cops and accidents and people turning onto the road. And I was 18 years old!

Even today at double that age I can still give a little stoplight fun. I dusted a guy in a Ferrari 355 in my Viper (not much of a race) but it was from 0-50mph in a 40mph zone. Firstly because by that time the point has been made and second because I didnt feel safe.

I am sure we have all seen the stupid asshole kids racing on the highways and busy 4-lane roads right? And is it just me or is it ALWAYS kids doing it? Never 40+ men. And its not even about racing it's about "who is more fcuking retarded".... and I don't need some kid in a Civic doing 110mph with 3 of his friends to prove to me he's stupider than I am - I already know it. If he wants to call that a win (winning the "who'se a bigger dipshit" title) then be my guest! I have a home, a family, a business and a lot bigger bank account to worry about than he does. What kind of insecure shithead feels the need to do a top-end race with some kid half his age? Bluemax should have been able to dust off this kid up to 50-60mph, then light up his brakes, let the dickhead do his flyby (they both know by that point the MB has won) and he'd have been happy.

If that is what happened and the accident occurred, I could sympathize with Bluemax. But he did the top-end idiots race. NO sympathy at all and IMO it couldn't have been any of us here because I don't think 99.999% of people over 25yrs old are that stupid.

I wish Bluemax will walk on this one, he acted stupid but not more so then so many of us, this thread looks more and more like the 2008 Hypocrites convention...

As someone who acted stupid on the road numerous times in the past, I don't want to see him go to jail and if he does I hope it's a short term and he will be back with his family very soon.

I feel bad for the old man who had to pay with his life for someone else's lapse of judgment but accidents like that happen every day and yes I would say the same thing even if the old man was my close family.

Grow up..

:icon_fU:

Very well said!

:eusa_clap:

Very well said!

:eusa_clap:

Thank you, I know it's not a popular thing to say on LP those days but it HAS to be said..

I'm not Juice63 who's denying the facts nor do I belong to the street racers camp, far from it. I hate street racing with a passion, the only time I semi-race is when Allan making me to and even then I always lose no mater what I drive, I'm just not very good at it BY DESIGN..

One thing comes to mind when I discuss street racing and it flashes very vividly, the days I used to run my sport bike up and down Angeles Crest Hwy (CA 2) from La Canada to Newcombs ranch. I admit that I was very good at it and never lost but how many times I was dragging my ears on the edge praying not lose the front and catapult into the oncoming traffic... God knows how many times I was OVER the edge and somehow saved it...

I lucked out and Bluemax didn't, I don't want to bury him alive for doing the same mistake I got away with doing so many times.

I wish Bluemax will walk on this one, he acted stupid but not more so then so many of us, this thread looks more and more like the 2008 Hypocrites convention...

As someone who acted stupid on the road numerous times in the past, I don't want to see him go to jail and if he does I hope it's a short term and he will be back with his family very soon.

I feel bad for the old man who had to pay with his life for someone else's lapse of judgment but accidents like that happen every day and yes I would say the same thing even if the old man was my close family.

Grow up..

Time and place.. Speed in itself doesn't kill as I am sure that most of us know.. What kills is doing it in the wrong places at the wrong time or not having the skill to get out of it when it all goes wrong and by that I mean mechanical failure of other circumstance - most of the deaths you see on the road involving speed are just sheer stupidity, including this one..

I lived in a state with no speed limits and the only people getting killed were speeding in stupid places..

This guy deserves all he gets - bubba will be waiting..

Grow up..

He will never walk... even if avoids the slammer. The civil lawsuit will take him down. I agree with you, a long prison sentence is not the right punishment for his stupidity, although he deserves a little jail time. The civil court is the right place to deal with him. From the deceased family's prospective, it makes sense to keep Bluemax out of jail and earning money. The old man is gone for ever, but sometimes good can come from bad....think about it.... a new house, college education for the grandkids, a dream family vacation all paid for by Bluemax.

I lucked out and Bluemax didn't, I don't want to bury him alive for doing the same mistake I got away with doing so many times.

I agree with you that we have all done something stupid at one point or time in our life. HOWEVER, an innocent person was killed here. I don't care what you call it. (A rose by any other name...) A husband, sibling, father, and grandfather is gone due to someone else's choice, not his.

LP has a LOT of impressionable members and readers that are WAY younger than Bluemax, me, and you. And it doesn't matter if you want them here or not, those people look up to, even idolize, some of us and the cars we drive. I am very positive that what we SAY and DO on this forum reflects heavily on the choices they will make while driving. If there was ever a time to make a statement about the consequences of racing cars at high speeds with other traffic around, now is the time and this incident, as unfortunate as it is for everyone involved, is the perfect poster child for what NOT to do. I hope others reading this topic will think twice before doing something so stupid and realize how quickly they will be ostracized by the car community.

The old man is gone for ever, but sometimes good can come from bad....think about it.... a new house, college education for the grandkids, a dream family vacation all paid for by Bluemax.

Tell me you're being facetious.

just don't let Irony catch up with you and bite you on your ass.. it will hurt.. :crybaby2:

Yep!

Tell me you're being facetious.

I am serious. This is a criminal negligence type of offense, not a hanging one. The family deserves justice for sure. But, they have options.... pressing for max jail time or a civil settlement or both. Lock him(and the POS driver) away for years, and the probablility of collecting the settlement(above and beyond the insurance payout) diminishes significantly. If the family pursues on the settlement option, justice will have been served, and if they use the money to better their own lives, good for them.

For all you guys speculating on the length of the prison sentence, I am sure the prosecutor will consult with the family before making any recomendations to the judge.

In my opinion we are all guilty of speeding, racing etc at one time or another. But their are 2 types of people who do it, those who have some sense or sensibility in the situation, and those who are fcuking crazy. For example Rakjoe, remember that crazy chineese guy we raced in the M6? The one who sees traffic and keeps going? :lol: