Audi S5

pockmark

I have seen a couple arounbd town here in Miami, and they look great. Interior looks nice, and it cant be too slow. When comparing it to a new M3 it looks to be the better choice due to price/looks. Anyone driven one/own one?

They look awesome. I saw a few black ones last summer on I-10 in AZ, I think they were doing some testing because i'm pretty sure they weren't out to the public then. Nice looking car though.

They look awesome. I saw a few black ones last summer on I-10 in AZ, I think they were doing some testing because i'm pretty sure they weren't out to the public then. Nice looking car though.

Love it, drove one and quite enjoyed it!

Love it, drove one and quite enjoyed it!

Was it quick? How did it sound/drive at speed?

Thanks

Was it quick? How did it sound/drive at speed?

Thanks

Its quick but not fast. The car suffers from a heavy curb weight mixed with with its all wheel drive system. The exhaust note is some what reserved at higher rpms but still sounds nice. All in all it would make a great DD.

I test drove one. It was nice, but I liked the RS4 better.

yea and it is 20k more for a reason :icon_mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

I love the new S5. I have a black one, and planning on making it Matte Black. It is a gorgeous car in my opinion, BUT it is not as fast as the M3. It is a really fun everyday car though, and the quality is fantastic. The new RS5 which is in the works should beat the M3 to pulp. (so i have heard)

Is much quicker than I expected, especially for 4000lbs and 350hp.

Would wait for the DSG 7-speed tranny, which is secheduled to go on sale shortly (next six months) if you're serious.

Interested to see what they do with the RS5 (Spring 2010). Would like to see them just drop the upcoming R8 V10's engine into the car (520hp). That combined with the DSG would be a heck of a nice luxury-tourer for daily duty.

Is much quicker than I expected, especially for 4000lbs and 350hp.

Would wait for the DSG 7-speed tranny, which is secheduled to go on sale shortly (next six months) if you're serious.

Interested to see what they do with the RS5 (Spring 2010). Would like to see them just drop the upcoming R8 V10's engine into the car (520hp). That combined with the DSG would be a heck of a nice luxury-tourer for daily duty.

RS5 is coming out in 2010-2011. The engine is from a Audi RS4. There are talks that engine will be turbo charged.

There's a 520HP package that you can get for your S5 that also comes with a new suspension, brakes, wheels, exhaust, headers for a cool $40,000 not including installation.

I was in the s5 at the Toronto Autoshow. I really liked it. I would definately look at one as a DD.

Compared to the M3, the M3 will be the faster car (pretty much everywhere). I read a few reviews where the s5 lost to the 335, and the M3 should be that much faster then the 335.

However, for everyday driving in rain or snow, you can't beat the s5.

I was in the s5 at the Toronto Autoshow. I really liked it. I would definately look at one as a DD.

Compared to the M3, the M3 will be the faster car (pretty much everywhere). I read a few reviews where the s5 lost to the 335, and the M3 should be that much faster then the 335.

However, for everyday driving in rain or snow, you can't beat the s5.

agreed, I think it is beautiful...but the Sunroof only tilts up in the back.....and even though it gets smoked by an M3, I see it as more of a cruiser or GT, so that doesn't bother me (basically same performance as a335xi coupe just better looking.

-the cab version should be in the works, bit the latest info is that in the next year or so it may be ditching the V8 for a twin turbo V6 most likely when the the S4 comes out.

Hello!

I am owner of Audi A5 S-Line with 3.0 TDI engine.......I have done some mods and right know I should be around 206KW and 600NM.

So far I LOVE IT. :D

Talking about S5 vs E92 M3, from a dig Audi S5 owns BMW. I have seen couple of 1/4 mile runs and every time S5 put at least 2 car lengts on M3, but once they are getting over 100MPH, M3 is the winner I would say.

i personally love it! i think bmw dropped the ball with the styling of the new m3

hah how do you dare to compare that fat, understeering pig to the new m3?

hah how do you dare to compare that fat, understeering pig to the new m3?

Agree, the new M3 just stomped the 'all-singing-all-dancing' Nissan GT-R in this month's C/D, they preferred it by a wide margin.

The S5 is more of a lux-touring MB competitor in my mind, the M3 is a 911/GT-R level sportscar.

Agree, the new M3 just stomped the 'all-singing-all-dancing' Nissan GT-R in this month's C/D, they preferred it by a wide margin.

The S5 is more of a lux-touring MB competitor in my mind, the M3 is a 911/GT-R level sportscar.

exactly, love that you agree with me :)

• 3 weeks later...

new A5/S5 is awesome

great chassis for Audi, but yes its heavy and under powered because of the weight

overall, sexiest street car for the $$ right now, but isnt high end performance car, M3 still has the advantage for performance

but styling hands down on the S5