1989 911 turbo slantnose cab

LPDADDY

I have alway liked the slantnoe.If i am correct,Porche only manufactured 28 slantose cabs in 1989 which also is the only year the cars got the g50 5 speed.

I have a line on a few cars and will be doing my due diligence very soon.I think my favorite colour is going to be black on black followed closely with white on black and then maybe red.There some other weird colours that i will not even consider and it looks like getting a really low mileage car will be close to impossible.

Have any members owned one of theses or know anyone who has one? I will need a good shop to do a completed unbiased thorough PPI.

Also any thoughts on future marker vALUE OF THE SLANT NOSE TURBOS.I had the numbers of production and they are no very high especially for the 89 cars both in coupe and cab.

I believe the fACTORY SLANTNOSE CARS WILL BE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER COLLECTIBLES VERY SOON.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

I beleive that the Slant Cabs will hold their value the best out of all 930 models, followed by regular 930 cabs, then non cab slant 930's.

The G-50 cars are definately the best out of the last run of the 930. I am not sure on production #'s. Very cool cars to keep stock with the exception of euro ride height.

Good luck with your search.

tomf1ja4.jpg

whiteslantnosecabws0.jpg

I used to love these cars. There's one around town, well kept but the look did not age well IMO. Of course they will probably become collectors items.

There was one for sale last week on the wholesale level, within two hours of me being told about it, the car sold for $15k more than what the guy was initially asking. I never had a factory slantnose, but I did have an 89 turbo cab. Simple, light, no gadgets and real fun to drive, I have always regretted selling that car.

The slatnose is a fully depreciated exotic, that can only go up in price - for an original unmolested car. If you want the best the factory offered, you want to buy a 1981-1989 RoW M506 car, with the conservative factory 330bhp rating. 89 is the only year for the 5spd. The factory did not build a lot of slantnose cars.

From what I have heard, their is not much difference between the 4spd and 5spd - other than scooting off the line quicker. I also understand, that it is not all that much quicker than the 4spd, due to the fact that you have to shift into 2nd gear almost immediately. With the 4spd, you do not have to shift into 2nd, for quite some time. Top end ? It is the same, on account of the tall final gear of the 4spd. I would "guess" with collectors, they all want to gravitate towards the 89.

As always - If you buy a collector car, it is best to try and find an original factory car.

www.930s.com

Richard Sloan and Ray Joseph, always seem to have a few good P collector cars for sale. They both ask high prices.

www.sloancars.com www.rpmsportscars.com

If you want something exceptionally rare, you may also want to look at the factory X-88 slant-nose option on the 964. Fast, rare, and good looking.

www.flachbau.com/x-88.html

Dad, whats next?

Karman ghia.

I actually want a grp 5 pantera bad.

If you want something exceptionally rare, you may also want to look at the factory X-88 slant-nose option on the 964. Fast, rare, and good looking.

www.flachbau.com/x-88.html

I had a blue one and sold it just before the prices started going through the roof.

I had a blue one and sold it just before the prices started going through the roof.

:eusa_wall: :crybaby2:

The queens are around 200K Euros, on the other side of the pond.

I nearly bought one two years ago...but not a cab. IMHO the cab look terrible in 'Flachtbau ' spec....where the coupe looks ok. Both are a little dated from some angles. There IS a big difference between the 4 and G50 930's however...and it's not simply the gearbox. The model was updated 5 times from 79' onwards. Earlier cars can be pricer to maintain as a result. Sheer fun....take the 4 speed hands-down. Proper driving....take the G50. be careful to avoid conversions though;

CHARACTERISTICS OF AN AFTER MARKET JOB:

1) 4 studs at the four corners on the underside of the louvers

2) Splash guards attached to the 4 studs

3) Imperfect headlight door jambs

4) Japanese headlight motors

5) Wiring to lighting

6) Welded light buckets that intrude onto the wheel hose skirts

7) Evident mig-welding of 3 separate insert panels to factory fender

8) Windshield washer reservoir in left fender changed (or cut down)

9) Dents in the battery area of the shirt to fit under buckets

10) Cut out of the bumper shock support to fit buckets

11) Composite or plastic rear vent slats

12) No octane sticker on back of fabricated gas lid door

CHARACTERISTICS OF THE REAL DEAL:

1) Wood rear vent slats

2) Dual oil cooler in rear qtr vents with screens

3) Jack extensions extended factory welded to rockers

4) Factory stamped part number on rocker panels

5) Two piece rear vent hole

6) Exact die cuts in the corners of louvers

IMO update the wheels, put on some 'big reds', update to a ' 964 rs steering wheel', customs cans (straight off the turbo), then mod the shit out of it....very easy, and you will have a serious car.

Like this one.... :lol2: :lol2:

http://www.iagmotors.com/carpages/1987-Por...bo-For-Sale.htm

The model was updated 5 times from 79' onwards. Earlier cars can be pricer to maintain as a result. Sheer fun....take the 4 speed hands-down.

I believe from (my) 84 and up, they have improved head studs. The cars also began to take on more weight.

www.930s.com has a lot of information to spot a fake flachbau.

Iv'e just realized, things are different for you guys. As the 3.3 was banned from the states for 4 or 5 years you wouldn't have to worry about the changes in the model years....you either have the early or late cars I guess. Can you guys get the last of the 4 speeds i.e. early '88 ?? Also, aren't they all less powerful stock?

Can you guys get the last of the 4 speeds i.e. early '88 ?? Also, aren't they all less powerful stock?

Yes. The engines are less powerful. In the N/A market, the 78 and 79 are the most powerful. P did not import the 930 into the USA, from 1980-1985 - because of EPA issues. The P board felt the 928, would soon eclipse the 930 in demand. Importers "certified" some modified gray market RoW 1980-1985 930's, and sold them in the USA.

qv500.com

Mike

I have not logged on to that website, for quite some time.

update the wheels

These are the only wheels I would consider changing the Fuchs on a 930 for (and they don't fit over big reds.) 16" Preriod correct BBS RS's.

22353302jr6.jpg

These are the only wheels I would consider changing the Fuchs on a 930 for (and they don't fit over big reds.) 16" Preriod correct BBS RS's.

22353302jr6.jpg

16" the period correct BBS RS wheels were 15"s!

16" the period correct BBS RS wheels were 15"s!

930's had 16"s, why would anybody put 15"s on one? The 15"s did not look as good as the 16"s IMO.

(Not RS's but 15" Gottis)

866731976porsche930ji1.jpg

(other 15"s)

1147818098xx8st4.jpg

(aother wheel I would consider 17" Ruf)

d8f4dc6615nx2.jpg

refruftz1.jpg

But my favorite on a 930 will always be the 16" BBS Rs.

redslantnoseiq3.jpg

the bbs' were a compomotive goldleaf splitrim copy.....although much cheaper, and soon took over popularity as a result.

I think modern day speedlines look superb on 930's....these were Alesios on my last one...

DSCN0186.JPG

930 slant's are awesome...stay with orginal fuchs or 17" ruf wheels....forget the rest. They are already zooming up and away in value. I have been in and out of 930's a round trip total of 5 times now and I know I will be back!! :eek3dance:

Here are two pics of the 1980 prototype of the first factory built flachbau. It is or was with the Blackhawk collection in LV. I read where they were recently asking approx 250K for the car.

...and the first 1981 "production" special wishes flachbau.

1980_20porsche_20911_20slant_20f.jpg

1980_20porsche_20911_20slant_20int2.jpg

55F8A1D0760611DAA148F8D9D5742ACA.jpg

• 3 months later...
I have alway liked the slantnoe.If i am correct,Porche only manufactured 28 slantose cabs in 1989 which also is the only year the cars got the g50 5 speed.

I have a line on a few cars and will be doing my due diligence very soon.I think my favorite colour is going to be black on black followed closely with white on black and then maybe red.There some other weird colours that i will not even consider and it looks like getting a really low mileage car will be close to impossible.

Have any members owned one of theses or know anyone who has one? I will need a good shop to do a completed unbiased thorough PPI.

Also any thoughts on future marker vALUE OF THE SLANT NOSE TURBOS.I had the numbers of production and they are no very high especially for the 89 cars both in coupe and cab.

I believe the fACTORY SLANTNOSE CARS WILL BE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER COLLECTIBLES VERY SOON.

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

My Factory Slant Cab was a 87. It was a bit too scary to drive (but again for those who know me will attest.....it doesn't take much LOL). Car was showroom MINT w/ only 30k on the clock. As always, got bored with it too soon and got rid of it too cheap. There are only 229 made total during its production run from 87 through 89 (75 in 89). The Slant Nose was an expensive $30k factory option. For a $130k car back in 1987, it is one of the most underappreciated in today's value. Here are some pics and factory docs for your review.

post-9410-1219490702_thumb.jpg

post-9410-1219490723_thumb.jpg

post-9410-1219490743_thumb.jpg

post-9410-1219490760_thumb.jpg