any other insomniacs around?

MANG

Guest skokos

FUUUUUCK guys. I started taking seroquel but the stuff last 12 hours so I found myself taking it a 6 pm so it wears off by morning. yesterday I didnt take it and I was up until 5:45 am and slept until noon. The insomnia is taking up my days and it sucks.

I took a percocet a few hours ago thinking it would chill me out enough to go to bed but here it is almost 1 am and im not evenly remotely thinking about sleep.

What the hell is left to do!?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me it's much easier to fall asleep on the couch. Didn't think so many guys here would have the same problem. I remember back in college, a friend of mine never sleeps at all. I forgot what it's called, but it's a condition he was born with. The guy only needs a short nap like once a month, and he never really feels tired for not sleeping.

Guest skokos
For me it's much easier to fall asleep on the couch. Didn't think so many guys here would have the same problem. I remember back in college, a friend of mine never sleeps at all. I forgot what it's called, but it's a condition he was born with. The guy only needs a short nap like once a month, and he never really feels tired for not sleeping.

I sleep on my couch every night. I dont have a TV in my bedroom and the only way I can get tired enough is by watching tv and hopefully falling asleep after a few hours. I probably average 4-5 hours a sleep a night but I never feel very tired.

Thats crazy he can go with the little of sleep

There was a story about some 70 year old farmer in China, the guy started having problems falling asleep around early 50's. And then one day he just stopped sleeping completely. Imagine being awake for 15+ years.

I'm like clockwork...up at 2:00 a.m. EVERY night..on my puter and will struggle to get back to sleep and up again at 5 or so :eusa_wall:

I guess it is not affecting things? I am still handsome as hell, lol! :la:

As you get older you actually don't require as much sleep. Its when your younger that you need lots of sleep. As you get older you get to the point where only 4 hours is enough. Fact.

I'm like clockwork...up at 2:00 a.m. EVERY night..on my puter and will struggle to get back to sleep and up again at 5 or so :eusa_wall:

I guess it is not affecting things? I am still handsome as hell, lol! :la:

Don't take this the wrong way but have you put on weight? If I put on weight I have trouble sleeping.

I take it you limit your caffeine intake to mornings only, work out in the late afternoon/early evening to flush crap through your system etc

I have been working out really efficiently throughout August and sleeping great. Was away this week with work and just eating crap and drinking just beer and the last two days I have had the worst sleepless nights in ages.

Back to the gym today.

Yup, that's good though, let's you get more productive as you grow older. Which is kind of backwards, as you are supposed to be super-productive in your younger years so you can be a lazy-ass if you wish in the old years :D

BTW, is it physiologically possible for some people to never sleep, or do they just have to consciously rest for a portion of the day? I mean if the human body goes without sleep for more than five days, I think that will kill a person because certain functions start to literally shut down. The body needs sleep to recover. If the person literally can't sleep, they still must do this recovery right?

I sleep on my couch every night. I dont have a TV in my bedroom and the only way I can get tired enough is by watching tv and hopefully falling asleep after a few hours. I probably average 4-5 hours a sleep a night but I never feel very tired.

shit you just described 100% my sleep routine !

I can only fall asleep on the couch with the TV on when I do sleep I have the worst dreams/nightmares.

I never take sleeping pills I would hate to wake up DEAD :icon_mrgreen:

this is probably why you dont sleep well. The television on why you try and sleep disrupts your sleep pattern. Try getting into a pattern of sleeping in a bed in a dark room.

ha, I posted at 2:00 a.m. tonite and then just stayed up...now waiting for Starbucks to open in less than an hour :icon_super:

I am stressed out about a LOT of shit right this moment, relating to HOUSING crisis...I have one :(

I sleep about 8 hours everynight, sometimes after partying 12-14hours. :P

Times when I go to sleep though, thats different story.

ha, I posted at 2:00 a.m. tonite and then just stayed up...now waiting for Starbucks to open in less than an hour :icon_super:

I am stressed out about a LOT of shit right this moment, relating to HOUSING crisis...I have one :(

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out alright.

4 hours is my average. I'd like to sleep more, but just cant crash until 2-3am and just have a habit of waking up always after 4-5 hours.

you guys are psychotic

Probably. I think it's our damn American Culture...Just look at how high the ratio is for guys that just dont sleep...

Probably. I think it's our damn American Culture...Just look at how high the ratio is for guys that just dont sleep...

listening to the ocean will cradle you like a baby and you will sleep well