any other insomniacs around?

MANG

the older I get the LESS sleep I seem to require. It is 3:30 a.m. right now, like clockwork, I wake every night at 2:00 a.m. (usually asleep before 10 p.m. - need to get a night life), and straight to Lambo Power :P

TV goes on, laptop cranks up and I spend a couple hours before usually going back to sleep from 4ish to 6ish, and it is rough getting ANY more sleep :(

I seriously average about 5 hours of sleep a night or less....been like that for years.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been able to sleep and I'm young. 5 hours sounds about right. Saying that I am more alert and effective at night. Nothing I have ever tried helps.

Margaret Thatcher only needed 4hours sleep and she ran a country so I guess its how your body clock is designed or trained?

I had (have) the same problem.

Go see a doctor.

I did the same thing last week and got a prescription for Lunesta...great stuff! Doc gave me 1mg pills, but 1mg is exactly 1mg too little. I doubled up to 2mg and slept like a baby. I took two pills each night for three nights and didn't really need to take them for three days after that. I should have taken them last night....right back to the same old shit; slept for four hours and the neurons broke out the castanets and I was wide awake.

I'll be on them tonight. Sucks since it's my birthday so no birthday booze. I must be getting old; choosing sleep before buzz. :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck, and go see a doctor as soon as you can.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32229

its almost 8am . Russian girl just left. i dont think we went to sleep when it's dark for the last 2 weeks.

I've been up all night (30 minutes of sleep) with a major ear infection. Which i believe is my 2nd or 3rd in a year. Does that count?

Sux...hope you feel better.

I hardly sleep some months and cant get enough sleep others. During the last year, while completing my masters degree, i wouldnt sleep more than 5 hours a night. Then summer comes around, and the only thing occupying my mind is work, so i sleep like a baby. I think it has to do with how preoccupied you are...at least in my case :eusa_think:

Id stay away from meds unless the lack of sleep is negatively affecting your daily life.

Sux...hope you feel better.

I hardly sleep some months and cant get enough sleep others. During the last year, while completing my masters degree, i wouldnt sleep more than 5 hours a night. Then summer comes around, and the only thing occupying my mind is work, so i sleep like a baby. I think it has to do with how preoccupied you are...at least in my case :eusa_think:

Id stay away from meds unless the lack of sleep is negatively affecting your daily life.

Thanks, i'm feeling better, saw the DR. today and he gave me perkiset (sp?) for the pain. I'm as high as kite! :lol2: I'm gonna go watch Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and eat some chips!

I read it is a statistical fact 1 in 3 americans have insomnia. I've had sleeping issues and insomnia for a long time. Lately it's been MUCH better... I used to get to bed at 3 am, now It's midnight... it's improving. But you aren't alone.

just woke up like clockwork...EVERY night between 1:30 - 2:00 a.m., BAM - I am awake! Now I will surf Lambo-Power...a few other sites, watch a little tv and in a matter of 1-2 hours I will slowly fade back to sleep. Annoying routine...I would rather just sleep soundly through the nite, but my body says no :(

:rant:

some photos of Lake Tahoe and an awesome P-car speedster I spotted on the road...

post-9329-1212738255_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1212738307_thumb.jpg

Insomniac! *raises hand*

My sleep schedule is very difficult to predict because of my work habits, medication, and other factors. I wake up at 6AM one day and 2:30PM the next. I'm 29 days post-op from brain surgery so that may be part of it..

Tylenol's Simply Sleep knocks me out pretty good.

I was suprised that stuff keeps my "getting up at night" to a minimum, so i agree, it works rather well.

Just bought some unisom for tonight. 50mg of diphenhydramine HCI compated to Tylenol's 25mg :icon_mrgreen: . Long day ahead tomorrow and I can't sleep........

I'll let you guys know in the morning how it worked out for me...lol.

Just bought some unisom for tonight. 50mg of diphenhydramine HCI compated to Tylenol's 25mg :icon_mrgreen: . Long day ahead tomorrow and I can't sleep........

I'll let you guys know in the morning how it worked out for me...lol.

*12 hours later* he's probably still sleeping ;) haha

I was awake about 36 hours straight without the use of caffeine or stimulants last week. Does that qualify me as an insomniac?

For something non-addictive that doesn't necessarily help you fall asleep in the first place, but makes you sleep DEEEEP and have QUALITY REM sleep once you are asleep, without waking up halfway through the night, try this: https://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/ar...ts/blue/z12.jsp

You don't feel groggy or drag in the morning. You just feel like you got QUALITY sleep for whatever number of hours it was, rather than shitty, tossing-and-turning, waking up and can't get back to sleep "sleep." VERY effective and very healthy -- not a drug.

For something non-addictive that doesn't necessarily help you fall asleep in the first place, but makes you sleep DEEEEP and have QUALITY REM sleep once you are asleep, without waking up halfway through the night, try this: https://www.t-nation.com/portal_includes/ar...ts/blue/z12.jsp

You don't feel groggy or drag in the morning. You just feel like you got QUALITY sleep for whatever number of hours it was, rather than shitty, tossing-and-turning, waking up and can't get back to sleep "sleep." VERY effective and very healthy -- not a drug.

cool - I'll try it, what the hell? Thanks for the link and I did purchase some, I will let you know how it goes with me :)

For those of you who have problems sleeping, do you work out?

I find that when school is in and Im stressed out and don't work out I can't sleep at all. But now that I am on this gaining weight kick I sleep like a baby every night. So try going to the gym or running a couple times a week.