Porsche 996TT pricing

Camel Toe Juice

The 996TT seems to have alot of potential, any thoughts when the early models will bottom out?

They made thousands of them........it will be a while.

I have seen them in the high $30's for high mileage 01's. That is probably as low as they will go IMO.

I have seen them in the high $30's for high mileage 01's. That is probably as low as they will go IMO.

damn - that is low. I know a person, that paid over-sticker when they first came out.

A car is usually fully depreciated, when it is ten years old. The 996 TT will continue to depreciate.

o/t The 996 GT2 has stabilized in price. They did not make many of those.

I know of a perfect 12k 01 that I thought was an incredible deal at $51k. $30's = DAMN!

I know of a perfect 12k 01 that I thought was an incredible deal at $51k. $30's = DAMN!

A perfect 01 with 12k is a good deal

A not so perfect 01 with 92k is also a good deal, but you will need to throw a couple of bucks at it to make it right and it will still always be a high mileage TT.

A great deal is an 01-02 with 35k miles for $43-$45k.

A perfect 01 with 12k is a good deal

A not so perfect 01 with 92k is also a good deal, but you will need to throw a couple of bucks at it to make it right and it will still always be a high mileage TT.

A great deal is an 01-02 with 35k miles for $43-$45k.

ALOT of car for the money if you ask me.

can someone give me a little high school? Whats the difference between a 996 and a 911?

I can't even find a category for 996 in cars.com.

can someone give me a little high school? Whats the difference between a 996 and a 911?

The series is essentially all called 911. 993, 996, 997 are the chassis #s.

Here's a breakdown:

997 : 2004-

996 : 1997-2005

993 : 1993-1998

964 : 1989-1993

It's sort of like Mercedes Benz or BMW.

For example:

S class can be a W140 (1992-1999), W220 (2000-2006 I think)

5 Series - E39, E60 etc...

996 is the first generation of water cooled 911's - Still called a 911, 996 is the internal designation.

I just did a quick search on Ebay after looking through the threads in this section, and I had to check the prices for myself. There are definitely some steals out there.

Here is a nice silver 2001 996 Turbo Tiptronic with 58k miles, currently on Ebay with NO bids at 44k (ends in 12 hours).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...sspagenameZWDVW

There is also a beautiful black 2001, 6-speed, 30k miles, looks REAL clean with aftermarket rims, with a Buy it now of only 50k.

As Allan said, seems like alot of car for the money!

Their is a huge MSRP difference in price, with a loaded and stripped car. The X-50 option, only brings an additional 2K to the price of a used car. If you find a car with the aero package, full leather, and X-50, it is only priced a few thousand over a stripped out used car. Their is a glut of good used cars for sale.

I know that options, add little money to any used car's value. Yet, the MSRP for the additional options (when new), can amount to an extra 60K !

I can only imagine, what the prices will be in the winter :shock:

How low do you guys think the 00-02 996 TT's are going to go? Just curious what kind (if ANY) depreciation can be expected in the next few years if someone was to pick one up now...

With several cars out there in the 45k range, that is one hell of a "bang for the buck".

Although..45k also gets you into a nice V8 Turbo Esprit...hmmmm.... :)

By the way before anyone asks, no Im not shopping right now..just getting some ideas as I contemplate my first exotic purchase in the coming years.

Which is better? The 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive 996?

Turbo's are AWD

GT2's are 2wd.

GT2's are better. :)

Do prices drop every winter or just this paticular one with the economy being in the state that it is?

They always drop in the winter.

Call a dealer in Vermont and or New Hampshire, and they will have more incentive to deal. Certainly more than a dealer in S. Cal.

Their should be some real deals in the winter.

550 Maranello, for the hi 60's and bottom 70's - for a good car. In the summer (NOW), they are already selling for the mid 70's, for a nice car.

Hi 40's for a nice 996 TT.

They always drop in the winter.

Call a dealer in Vermont and or New Hampshire, and they will have more incentive to deal. Certainly more than a dealer in S. Cal.

Their should be some real deals in the winter.

550 Maranello, for the hi 60's and bottom 70's - for a good car. In the summer (NOW), they are already selling for the mid 70's, for a nice car.

Hi 40's for a nice 996 TT.

A 550 is really 70K? Damn... soo much for that ferrari value...

At 70k though, that would make a decnt and fun beater!

A 550 is really 70K? Damn... soo much for that ferrari value...

At 70k though, that would make a decnt and fun beater!

Retail - you can find a nice 97/98 clean car 15,000 mile service (good color combo), for the mid 70's without difficulty. This is a car, that will probably have 15-25,000 miles and no accidents.

On F ads, their is a nice red/tan 97, with an asking price of 79K. The car could not be too bad, if it was listed on FoBH's website. It is now for sale by owner. Car has low miles - 18K. I have no idea how anyone would want a 360, over a more capable, less production #'s, and much better looking 550 ?

With this car, you do not have to pull the engine, on the major service. Unlike the 996 TT, it (550) will cost significantly more money to service. An approximate service cost of $1.00 per mile, gives you a general idea.

My guess, is hi 60's - low 70's in the winter. Wholesale will be even lower (which it is today). Today, the cars are not moving.

Retail - you can find a nice 97/98 clean car 15,000 mile service (good color combo), for the mid 70's without difficulty. This is a car, that will probably have 15-25,000 miles and no accidents.

On F ads, their is a nice red/tan 97, with an asking price of 79K. The car could not be too bad, if it was listed on FoBH's website. It is now for sale by owner. Car has low miles - 18K. I have no idea how anyone would want a 360, over a more capable, less production #'s, and much better looking 550 ?

With this car, you do not have to pull the engine, on the major service. Unlike the 996 TT, it (550) will cost significantly more money to service. An approximate service cost of $1.00 per mile, gives you a general idea.

My guess, is hi 60's - low 70's in the winter. Wholesale will be even lower (which it is today). Today, the cars are not moving.

Damn! I might be tempted to pick one up for the wife for a bit. Might make for some good pics and threads atleast!

The nice looking red/tan 1997 550 18,XXX miles, that was recently for sale at FoBH, as a three month consignment car, is currently on eBay, with a reserve already met at just over 71K.

right price, colors and miles.

If anyone is interested, make sure the motor mounts are not defective. One way to tell, is if the engine valve covers profile, has been impressed into the front bonnet foam padding. The mounts are often defective.

• 2 months later...

Did Porsche make any significant changes between 2001-2004 for the 996 turbo?

In other words....does it make sense to pick up and 01/02 for less money if it's in good condition or is an 03/04 the way to go?

The latter 996 turbos had the X50 offering on them which took the HP up to 450. Other then that I dont believe anything wildly significant. Then again, ive been wrong before...