Post some pictures of your favorite Diablos

skinny

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have figured that car was in japan. God I love what they do with white cars there. And I couldnt even imagine working at Bingosports with the cars they constantly hvae in stock! I wonder what it would cost to get that GT into the states. I think that car is a close second behind the fabled verde scandal GT.

Why did Japan get so many GTR's and SVR's? And can they legally drive those on the road there? Those cars look absolutely unbeleivable

With the current economic shipwreck that is Japan, how long before the collectible lambos make there way out of there?

Beautiful! Does anyone know why some of the SE30s had round metal petrol filler caps, while others had the 4 sided body coloured caps?

Sab

Beautiful! Does anyone know why some of the SE30s had round metal petrol filler caps, while others had the 4 sided body coloured caps?

Sab

Only the US and Canadian SE have the body coloured fuel caps

Why did Japan get so many GTR's and SVR's? And can they legally drive those on the road there? Those cars look absolutely unbeleivable

There are many Lamborghini collectors in Japan who imported these Diablos. Many rare Diablos, SVR, GT, GTR Jota, SE went to Japan in the last 15 years. Most SE that I know of are currently in Japan. And I think those race Diablos are even road legal there yes. Or they might register it as a standard SE, SV or GT, like anyone will notice the difference

Only the US and Canadian SE have the body coloured fuel caps

Thought you may have known the answer to that one!!

Sab

I actually prefer the Euro set-up over the North American version. It is my understanding that I would need to replace the entire right rear quarter panel to accommodate the conversion inasmuch as the the factory has this part in stock including the Euro gas cap. About one year ago, I purchased the very last Jota Kit from the factory with the assistance of Lamborghini Orange County. Had I installed the Jota Kit on my car, I would have changed out the right rear quarter panel to get the Euro gas cap set-up.

I actually prefer the Euro set-up over the North American version. It is my understanding that I would need to replace the entire right rear quarter panel to accommodate the conversion inasmuch as the the factory has this part in stock including the Euro gas cap. About one year ago, I purchased the very last Jota Kit from the factory with the assistance of Lamborghini Orange County. Had I installed the Jota Kit on my car, I would have changed out the right rear quarter panel to get the Euro gas cap set-up.

What made you decide to sell the kit and didn't have it installed? Did you sell it to Driven Exotics?

I find it odd that there is a difference in the first place. In the UK, we have both types of filler caps on all types of cars. The round metal fuel caps do look good on the SE30 though.

Sab

I find it odd that there is a difference in the first place. In the UK, we have both types of filler caps on all types of cars. The round metal fuel caps do look good on the SE30 though.

Sab

I agree with you. I like the look of the round metal fuel caps as well.

Who would do such a thing?! :icon_mrgreen:

in Italy you need a factory spec with VIN for registry a car from outside Italy

so the things are this way:

with the jota is a piece of cake since VIN = SE30 VIN (road legal)

with the GTR and SVR ....almost impossible VIN = race car and factory won't give you the paper stating it is a road legal GT or SV

in Japan it looks it is MUCH easier to registry a race car imo

Why did you not install the kit? Your car would be legendary with it.

Knowing that I had purchased the very last Jota Kit from the factory, my initial intent was to have it installed on my newly acquired SE30. I learned alot from that experience with respect to the special place SE30 Jota's hold in Lamborghini history and the Diablo lineage. Well over 300+ loose parts comprise the Jota Kit inasmuch as there is no instruction manual and/or assembly instructions. There was no question that if I opted to move forward with installation that Grant Johnson and Jeff Wilkinson from Lamborghini Orange County (LOC) would have undertaken the project. In my opinion, I would have been the perfect candidate for the installation given my close proximity to LOC and the immediate availability of service and support. Grant still has the contact telephone no.'s for the mechanics of the era on speed dial and we were in direct contact with Valentino Balboni to supervise the project.

For me, the overriding factors on whether to move forward with the Jota Kit stemmed from keeping my car OEM for the North American market, evaluating whether the cost of the Jota Kit plus installation could be recaptured for resale purposes, and whether the Jota Kit would either enhance or detract the driving experience based upon my personal driving habits. I think the agreed upon no. of Jota Kits produced from the factory totaled 28 units. Even though these Kits were a factory option, I am not sure that the SE30 Jota could be considered a production car which includes those cars which had the Jota Kit installed by the factory? Perhaps others can offer their insight on this question.

I do not have any seat time behind a SE30 Jota which made the decision even more difficult. You go through the process (time & money) to install the Jota Kit and you are really not sure what to expect in the end. I have no doubt that the quoted increase of ~70 bhp would be there but probably only realized at speed and under utilized during real world driving conditions. Insofar as maintaining resale value, I would argue that my car would be worth more had I kept the Jota Kit unopened and offered it as an option to the next buyer if I ever made the decision to part with the car. In the end, I am a die hard Lamborghini enthusiast and the person who puchased the Jota Kit had every intention of moving forward with the installation. The Jota Kit was installed on SE30 #4. I was actually in San Diego two weeks ago and viewed the car. It was pretty kewl to see this car with the Jota Kit, www.bobileff.com

Do I regret selling the Jota Kit? Not really....well maybe a little but I am glad that it was installed and that someone will enjoy this car.

To your point, I think all SE30's are legenday with or without the Jota Kit.

94_diablosejota_rear.jpg