Post some pictures of your favorite Diablos

skinny

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics?

Look at all the wingless 6.0's that go through the pacific northwest that suddenly end up with "OEM" 6.0 wings.

:iamwithstupid:

If anyone has pics of THE BLACK DIABLO JOTA, please post them up NOW!!!!! pretty please :)

There are very few pictures of that car. Not positive but I believe there were 2 of them. It was rumored one was crashed bu that was later questioned. This is where Daiblo 4 Ever and VIN King have more information than me.

And speaking of VIN King, where the hell are you?

The black Jota did not crash, it never did. I don't know who and why this rumour started but it's simply not true. I have some recent pics of the car that confirm this. I also know from a reliable source that it has measured an incredible 602HP, maybe too good to be true? Right now it is in a private collection in Switzerland and from what I understand, the owner hardly drives it. At this moment I do not know of any other black Jota.

I also know from a reliable source that it has measured an incredible 602HP, maybe too good to be true?

Probably an RWD to crank conversion, there's no way it produces 602 HP at the wheels unless it has some form of FI.

No way 602.

The only way to measure the true power these things are putting out, is to hook up a boost pressure sensor/monitor in the intakes and measure it at speed.

in Europe some dyno gives the (estimate) hp at the fly ...i think this is the case of this 602 jota

and may be also a slightly optimistic one to

My car dyno'd out at right at 525. Above 100 it really flies and you can feel the intakes making boost and working. The whole principle on how the Jota package works is based on forced air induction. Again, its too tough to quote hp numbers unless you measure that boost pressure.

My car dyno'd out at right at 525. Above 100 it really flies and you can feel the intakes making boost and working. The whole principle on how the Jota package works is based on forced air induction. Again, its too tough to quote hp numbers unless you measure that boost pressure.

Don't the SV's have roof scoops plumbed directly into the air intake tract as well? Don't all D's and M's have side air intake scoops plumbed directly into the intake tract? Granted the Jota's induction is closer to the scoops, but as far as I am aware they all benefit on a bit of positive pressure on the engine air inlet at speed. This positive pressure from air speed into the air intake is not a major contributor to hp gains, as the pressure increase is very small. A jet engine on an aircraft is a bit different.

The different cam's (larger lift and/or longer duration), 4 throttles rather than 2 (increase in throttle size) and the extra plumbing off the plenums (increase in plenum volume) are all known hp gain mods. Surely these are not for decoration on the Jota?

Don't the SV's have roof scoops plumbed directly into the air intake tract as well? Don't all D's and M's have side air intake scoops plumbed directly into the intake tract? Granted the Jota's induction is closer to the scoops, but as far as I am aware they all benefit on a bit of positive pressure on the engine air inlet at speed.

No, all the other Diablo's (and Murci's) have airfilters that effectively stops the airflow, and the engine has to suck the air through them. The Jota's airfilter is so open you can actually see through it. It also has the huge tray which builds up pressure, unlike other intakes that is just pipes, and nowhere to build up the pressure. We aren't talking about some huge turbo-like pressure here, but probably a gain in the 15-30 hp range.

No, all the other Diablo's (and Murci's) have airfilters that effectively stops the airflow, and the engine has to suck the air through them. The Jota's airfilter is so open you can actually see through it. It also has the huge tray which builds up pressure, unlike other intakes that is just pipes, and nowhere to build up the pressure. We aren't talking about some huge turbo-like pressure here, but probably a gain in the 15-30 hp range.

Yes sir, you are exactly right. And if sealed well could build 2-3 lbs of boost.

thats interesting. when you say the airfilter is so open you can see through it, isnt that bad for the engine? also, do you have pictures of the tray youre talking about? id really like to see that to better understand how that works.

thats interesting. when you say the airfilter is so open you can see through it, isnt that bad for the engine? also, do you have pictures of the tray youre talking about? id really like to see that to better understand how that works.

A lot of dust etc wouldn't be too good, no. But under normal conditions it's no problem.

se30jota_09.jpg