Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three layer paint is very to hard to match, this is my biggest concern when mounting the bumper, hopefully my paintguys will deliver a class A job like they always do when they painted a regular two layer part.

I can tell you that Hersh is busting his ass of getting all the bumpers out the door and I'm sure he will chime in soon :icon_thumleft:

Three layer paint is very to hard to match, this is my biggest concern when mounting the bumper, hopefully my paintguys will deliver a class A job like they always do when they painted a regular two layer part.

Maybe you should check if there are authorised PPG paint shops near you. They would be able to do a perfect match for you based purely on the colour code since your car hasn't been exposed to the elements.

Hershell said that all the shipments worldwide should be picked up already and we should get our tracking codes Tuesday latest.

Maybe you should check if there are authorised PPG paint shops near you. They would be able to do a perfect match for you based purely on the colour code since your car hasn't been exposed to the elements.

Hershell said that all the shipments worldwide should be picked up already and we should get our tracking codes Tuesday latest.

They are authorized for PPG, DuPont and you name it and sure my car is new but still, three layer paints suck to match 100% - hopefully everything turns out ok :eusa_think:

Hersh is working hard on this, trust me, you will get your tracking number tomorrow at the latest, otherwise you can have my bumper buddy :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Drive safe now and relax, all will be well soon Derek! :icon_thumleft:

They are authorized for PPG, DuPont and you name it and sure my car is new but still, three layer paints suck to match 100% - hopefully everything turns out ok :eusa_think:

Hersh is working hard on this, trust me, you will get your tracking number tomorrow at the latest, otherwise you can have my bumper buddy :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Drive safe now and relax, all will be well soon Derek! :icon_thumleft:

If they are PPG authorised, they would be able to blend straight from the Lambo colour code, and since you have no UV fading to speak of, there's really nothing to match per se.

Thanks for the offer, Jiray, but if I don't get my bumper, neither would you; so there's nothing for you to offer me physically, except your good intention, which has been accepted with gratitude.

If they are PPG authorised, they would be able to blend straight from the Lambo colour code, and since you have no UV fading to speak of, there's really nothing to match per se.

Thanks for the offer, Jiray, but if I don't get my bumper, neither would you; so there's nothing for you to offer me physically, except your good intention, which has been accepted with gratitude.

According to many painters the process in spraying a three layerpaint is somewhat crucial for the finish but hopefully you are right and I'm just worrying to much :)

Even if I didn't get my bumper I would steal Bills or make you one with my bare hands and deliver it to you personally! :icon_pidu:

You are worrying too much, my friend. I am told that PPG gets the painters to train before they are officially authorised. They use propietory computerised blending machine, and spray guns that have much finer droplet dispursement, supposedly. Also, PPG paint need much longer curing time between each layer. The trick/skill, I'm told, is actually in the application of the 2nd layer.

Your hand made bumper, if I do end up with that, will be hung up as contemporary interpretive art. And will be an item I'll offer at the next charity auction.

You are worrying too much, my friend. I am told that PPG gets the painters to train before they are officially authorised. They use propietory computerised blending machine, and spray guns that have much finer droplet dispursement, supposedly. Also, PPG paint need much longer curing time between each layer. The trick/skill, I'm told, is actually in the application of the 2nd layer.

Right on! :icon_thumleft:

Your hand made bumper, if I do end up with that, will be hung up as contemporary interpretive art. And will be an item I'll offer at the next charity auction.

:icon_pray:

Also one thing I noticed is that we lost are tow hook!!!

Hersch

The lack of a hole to mount the towing eye is worrying. The pictures you have posted before show a hole for the towing eye when the bumper was off the car and no hole on the mounted bumper on your car.

Can you clarify if the bumpers dispatched are a true bolt on replacement or if you expect us to modify them upon reciept so that the vehicle can be towed in the event of a clutch failure (which we all know never happens) etc.

Lamborghini_Project_016.jpg

post-663-1227734840.jpg

Hershel just called to tell me to post "that EVERY bumper does have a tow hook application".

He is in the car now, but will post exact directions when he gets to his comp.

Hershel just called to tell me to post "that EVERY bumper does have a tow hook application".

He is in the car now, but will post exact directions when he gets to his comp.

I am not doubting that the provision for a tow hook has not gone as this is part of the chassis, just doubting the provision of an access hole to it.

On Ryans car the tow hook hole is not visible because it was not yet drilled through .. we had a little drama on his bumper as his original was damaged while putting it in our truck so we literally had 8 hours to paint another unit .. OUr solution for the tow hook is really a better cosmetic approach to the tow hook issue. All bumpers will be pre drilled with the tow hook opening in the stock location. For the grills we decided that having the hole drilled into our grills were a little unsightly so we designed the grill to be easily removed (3 screws) in case you need to tow the vehicle. Its also harder to lose an entire grill :)

Thanks for clearing that up sounds like a good solution, just got to remeber to carry the correct screwdriver with me.

On Ryans car the tow hook hole is not visible because it was not yet drilled through .. we had a little drama on his bumper as his original was damaged while putting it in our truck so we literally had 8 hours to paint another unit .. OUr solution for the tow hook is really a better cosmetic approach to the tow hook issue. All bumpers will be pre drilled with the tow hook opening in the stock location. For the grills we decided that having the hole drilled into our grills were a little unsightly so we designed the grill to be easily removed (3 screws) in case you need to tow the vehicle. Its also harder to lose an entire grill :)

Can we choose to not have ours drilled? Or have they all been cut already? Thanks!

Can we choose to not have ours drilled? Or have they all been cut already? Thanks!

You may already know this, but the part of the bumper he's talking about drilling is located behind the grill, so it really shouldn't be visible with the grill on.

Hey Guys, I just got back to Heffners shop from Key West. When I get back to Canada next month I will be getting my body shop to drill a hole in the front bumper for the tow hook and also paint behind the grills black. Here is a pic of my bumper with the grills on and also a pic of Greeny taking a pull on the dyno! The ZR crew is off to Destin Florida NEXT!!!!!

lpbumper.jpg

photo.jpg