They keep screwing with the exclusivity

Tupps11

I bet alot of the guys who bought the cars planning on driving them until they went out of production then selling them for a hefty profit are just loving this. I know Rob mentioned how much it pissed him off in another thread.

I bet alot of the guys who bought the cars planning on driving them until they went out of production then selling them for a hefty profit are just loving this. I know Rob mentioned how much it pissed him off in another thread.

Rob mentioned how the Grand Sport as an addition 150 units hurt the exclusivity...never mind an improved version!

Rob mentioned how the Grand Sport as an addition 150 units hurt the exclusivity...never mind an improved version!

Seriously...even if it cost another 500,000 euro for the improved version. Those of us capable of paying 1.2 million euro for the original veyron obviously wont have any financial difficulty paying the extra difference for the improved car.

The fact that they are putting out a new and improved veyron simply kills the exclusivity and resale of the 300 veyrons originally planned. I know id rather waittfor the updated car with increased performance and hp instead of placing an order for one of the last 50 pieces still available.

I think its just not fair for all the current owners

Seriously...even if it cost another 500,000 euro for the improved version. Those of us capable of paying 1.2 million euro for the original veyron obviously wont have any financial difficulty paying the extra difference for the improved car.

The fact that they are putting out a new and improved veyron simply kills the exclusivity and resale of the 300 veyrons originally planned. I know id rather waittfor the updated car with increased performance and hp instead of placing an order for one of the last 50 pieces still available.

I think its just not fair for all the current owners

Id be pretty pissed if i dropped 2 million on a veyron. They should stop the run and then if they want a different halo car that has no common things with the veyron except the bugatti name then that would be fine, kind of like the Ferrari Enzo. It was one limited production car, then done. There will be a future halo car that will be better faster, but the Enzo still keeps it's exclusivity like the F40 keeps it's exclusivity.

Id be pretty pissed if i dropped 2 million on a veyron. They should stop the run and then if they want a different halo car that has no common things with the veyron except the bugatti name then that would be fine, kind of like the Ferrari Enzo. It was one limited production car, then done. There will be a future halo car that will be better faster, but the Enzo still keeps it's exclusivity like the F40 keeps it's exclusivity.

I couldnt agree with that more. I know the one owner I met over in Indy leased his veyron, because he could do more with the total purchase price of the car then dump it all into the car at once. He had figured that becasue of the exclusivity he would have no problem turning and selling it for more then its worth, wonder what the feeling in the pit of his stomach was when he found out there will be another 150 of them running around that have an even better option of an open top!

If you have enough money to spend it on a car that costly, resale value should really be the last of your problems.

Yeah but it also sucks when you spend $2mil and there is another one sitting right next to it at the restaraunt you roll up to. Of course we dont have that problem here in ohio, but im sure it will be an issue in socal and whatnot...Ahh well, i still want one in the end!

If you have enough money to spend it on a car that costly, resale value should really be the last of your problems.

I have to disagree to a point. I mean they lose big dough maybe on their jets, but in the exclusive car market at that level the cars rarely lose value, but rather just go up in value.

I mean they lose big dough maybe on their jets, but in the exclusive car market at that level the cars rarely lose value, but rather just go up in value.

Yeah, but that doesn´t change the fact that they needn´t to be bothered about losing a miserable 200k on a car when they already comfortably lose 1mill on a jet.

See where I´m coming from?

My point is cars, in most cases, are no a good investment. People who can afford a veyron should already know that(or one should atleast assume that they know).

I never thought the Veyron would be exclusive. If I, a random kid with no significant last name, could call my dealer and order one, it's far from exclusive. The only thing that makes it exclusive is it's price. It's not one of a kind, if you own one, you most likely live where lots of people can afford them and some of them do.

If you want something exclusive and you live in the US and you're very rich, buy a SEAT or a Puegot. They don't sell them here so you'll probably be the only guy with one. Just like the guy who drives a Mustang in Monaco. Everybody and their brother drives a Ferrari or a Lambo.

What I would be pissed off about though, is if I just ordered one and they didn't tell me that they would be coming out with a cabrio very soon.

The problem with that opinion of exclusivity, is that by its definition nothing is exclusive. For example, the Enzo. Ferrari choose the owners, and how many Enzos were instantly on the second hand market, where anyone with the cash could buy one? The Reventon was exclusive, and you could buy those brand new straight off the street! Also, waiting lists mean nothing now-you wait long enough, eventually you will get what you want.

The problem with that opinion of exclusivity, is that by its definition nothing is exclusive. For example, the Enzo. Ferrari choose the owners, and how many Enzos were instantly on the second hand market, where anyone with the cash could buy one? The Reventon was exclusive, and you could buy those brand new straight off the street! Also, waiting lists mean nothing now-you wait long enough, eventually you will get what you want.

That's why most stuff isn't. The things that are one of a kind and usually aren't for sale, are what's really exclusive in life. The things that you want, but can't have because they aren't for sale.

I dont know if you can compare losing money on a jet to losing money on an exotic car most likely from a collection. The jet serves TONS of other purposes for business and travel. The Bugatti, is simply for pleasure in most cases. And exclusivity is one thing and one thing only to me, its having something that you dont see many of. Any of the hyper exotics fit this catagory. Being able to call up and buy one doesnt take down the exclusivity. With enough money, everything in this world is for sale....you just hvae to agree upon a price, no matter how exclusive.

I dont know if you can compare losing money on a jet to losing money on an exotic car most likely from a collection. The jet serves TONS of other purposes for business and travel. The Bugatti, is simply for pleasure in most cases. And exclusivity is one thing and one thing only to me, its having something that you dont see many of. Any of the hyper exotics fit this catagory. Being able to call up and buy one doesnt take down the exclusivity. With enough money, everything in this world is for sale....you just hvae to agree upon a price, no matter how exclusive.

I couldn't agree more. It takes 2 things, rarity and a market for the item. People desire the ubersupercar and will pay for it, but few can attain it. The problem occurs when it becomes easier to attain. Then prices drop because of simple supply and demand. If bigger and better come out who want's the old? Like someone said above, aside from the wait, who would drop 2 mil on an obsolete car?

Yeah, but that doesn´t change the fact that they needn´t to be bothered about losing a miserable 200k on a car when they already comfortably lose 1mill on a jet.

See where I´m coming from?

Still does not take away from the fact that people don't like the feeling of being "had". Being duped into believing your car will be 1 of 300, when in actuality it is 1 of 450+ will not sit well with anyone, whether they are worth 1 mil or $1 bil. Principles...

Still does not take away from the fact that people don't like the feeling of being "had". Being duped into believing your car will be 1 of 300, when in actuality it is 1 of 450+ will not sit well with anyone, whether they are worth 1 mil or $1 bil. Principles...

:iamwithstupid:

Does anybody think that they are just trying to reduce or recoupe some of the loss they apparently take on every car sold by making extra's? Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but i was never under the impression that the Veyron was a limited production run of a specific number of cars. I thought Bugatti believed they could sell around 300 of them but if demand was there they would make more.

Lastly I dont really think that 150 more Veyrons will really effect exclusivity in a daily sighting kind of way or the value of Veyrons already produced. I Ferrari decided to release 100 FXX's i dont think it would have much effect on the resale of the current 399. (just my $0.02)

Who owns Bugatti? Oh thats right a company that churns out hundreds of thousands of cars a year. Exclusive is not known to them, profit is though. So it is no surprise that they wish to pounce on sales chances at every chance especially given the current economic climate.

Even if Bugatti was an independent like Pagani I would still understand the need to produce more cars to meet the demand - they are a business afterall.

The Veyron is not exclusive because of numbers produced but because of its price. - Only Fanboys care about the numbers produced and we all known that fanboys are worse than AIDs.

The thing that will affect owners is running costs. I read that tyres need to be replaced every 3,000 miles at €9000 and that the rims need to be replaced every 9000 miles to stay within warranty (€55,000 to replace)

So in 9000 miles (which can be done in a year no sweat) on tyres only you will be spending €82000 or $120,695.03. That is a sizeable percentage of the purchase price for only one mechanical aspect of the car, what are brakes and discs going to cost? What about the mechanicals on that wing. What about the changing of the rads? People dismiss these figures saying that people that can afford to buy these cars will not care about these running costs... that is an utterly stupid thing to say, they will.

When I was at the dealer looking at one (not to buy,) I asked them about maintenance and they told me that they just had one in for an oil change and the owner spent $65K in maintenance the first year.

I do however think that Bugatti owners should be able to shrug off the cost of running one. It doesn't mean they will like spending that kind of money on maintenance, but surely it's a drop in the bucket. All the Bugatti owners I'm aware of can easily afford it.