Google Chrome web browser

speed and motion

Downlaoded and tried. It's still in Beta, so it's slow and sometimes unresponsive, especially with multiple tabs. I'll wait for a full version or at least an update.

Fast rendering, but uh.

Another browser to throw on the pile of the 50000000 other browsers out there. AFAIAC, FF 3.0 is pretty much it.

I read somewhere that IE 8 Beta 2 uses more system resources than Windows XP does. Beta, but still, that frikken cracks me up.

Downlaoded and tried. It's still in Beta, so it's slow and sometimes unresponsive, especially with multiple tabs. I'll wait for a full version or at least an update.

It's a Google product. It'll be in beta for the next 150 years.

Oh boy...how they fucked this one up is beyond me...I cannot switch between multiple Gmail accounts without typing shit in. FF3 lets me switch just by clicking.

Just another step towards a Google operating system. Pretty cool that it's open source.

That would be pretty cool :icon_super:

Just remember to actually read the EULA.

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and ( B) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

Oh boy...how they fucked this one up is beyond me...I cannot switch between multiple Gmail accounts without typing shit in. FF3 lets me switch just by clicking.

How do you do that??

So far the only thing that would make me think of switching to the Google browser is the fact that its very fast - noticeably faster than Firefox! The interface is simple - too simple. The whole browser is way too basic as it is now. Its lacking many vital options. Oh yeah, and the license agreement is shady as Teufel pointed out.

So far the only thing that would make me think of switching to the Google browser is the fact that its very fast - noticeably faster than Firefox! The interface is simple - too simple. The whole browser is way too basic as it is now. Its lacking many vital options. Oh yeah, and the license agreement is shady as Teufel pointed out.

They modified the EULA after the shit storm.

As for speed, the upcoming version of FF has a new component that massively speeds up java.

How do you do that??

FF3 does it automatically. Just sign into Gmail with each account and it remembers username/passcode for each. Selecting one to log in is just point/click.

Finally got a chance to download it on my home PC, wow I like it.

Give it a few months. I think once they take care of the minor issues and add a few additional things it will give Firefox a run for its money. With the amount of stuff I run at once, Firefox crawls and crashes fairly frequently. I've been searching for something better and Chrome may be it. I've got it running on my laptop for now; will eventually make it my primary.

The touchpad scroll on laptops is way too damn fast. It's nearly unusable.

Thats my biggest complaint right now.... although I hate changing to a new web browser because you have to reorganize your favorites to how you like them (if not alpha) but thats true of any browser.

But good lord is it quick!

The touchpad scroll on laptops is way too damn fast. It's nearly unusable.

Its pretty damn quick on a Desk top too.