This Lamborghini is....SO HOOD!

Aimee

Yes, you are correct. Just like everyone has a right to dress in whichever way they wish. But if you dress like something you're not then you're a poseur. If you act like something you're not then you're a fake. If you're a poseur or a fake then no one respects you and you're nothing more than a lost identity in the eyes of others.

Everyone has a right to own whatever they wish. But everyone also has a right to like or dis-like replicas.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether this vehicle garners sentimental value to the owner or not is none of our business. We're all enthusiasts here, yet not all of us own Lamborghinis. I myself have never owned a Lamborghini but I plan to purchase a Gallardo shortly, if I don't purchase a DBS first.

We're only discussing the quality, or lack of quality in this replica. As far as character traits of the person who owns the vehicle, or at least the person driving the vehicle at the time, that for sure is a poseur. Blasting heavy bass on his vehicle and then parking far away from the entrance shows a lot about his character. If he truly loved this vehicle then he would've been proud to show it off, flaws and all. He wouldn't hide behind a false image. To call this person a Lamborghini enthusiast is too much credit. A poseur fits better.

A prime example of fakes would be these wanna-be racers I see at the racetrack. Do you think they're real enthusiasts of racing? Not at all, they go to the track one a year and so they can say they've raced their bike and that they're true racers. That is a load of bulls**t. They show up in a glammed up bike with fresh new leathers and act like they're veteran racers yet they don't know how to properly take a turn. Those people get no respect at the track or on the street. Poseurs are fake and fake is a joke.

If you really want to know whether your daughter driving a Ferrari replica or not makes her a poseur, ask her peers and visit a Ferrari forum and find out what they think.

I dunno, it seems that if you own a replica you are less of an enthusiest than an OEM owner, and that doesn't seem right. Its been said that immatation is the highest form of flattery, and thats what replicas are. Some people dont have the money to afford an actual Lambo, but they still share the love for them. I have seen alot of replicas, mostly Diablos, and some of them are great. I haven't seen alot of Murcie replicas, and as far as this one goes, its O.K., but not great.

I hate to see when people are so judgemental and prejudice about something and somebody they know nothing about. Maybe this was a father and son project, and the finished car represents something special between the two, and will be in his son's memories long after his father is gone. If this car was built by a professional shop, that would be sad. If it was built by a regular guy, for whatever reason, its great. Everybody on this forum needs to stand back and look in the mirror, and ask themselves if they are truely everything they claim, and appear to be. Everybody pretends to be something they're not, whether its in your personal, or professional life.

We can call the car a P.O.S., but lets not call the owner anything but an enthusiest, like us. He may not have the real car, but he obviously has the same love of the car that we do.

I was considering buying a Ferrari 355 replica for my daughter. The price was right, and the car was beautiful. Does that make me a "Poser"?

A poseur. If you can't afford an Armani suit then purchase the best you can possibly afford, but not a fake. Same with the Rolex. Purchase a well made watch from a reputable manufacturer. At least when you keep it all real, then you yourself are a real person who will earn real respect.

If I wear a fake Armani suit and a fake Rolex, does that make me:

A) A poser

B) An enthusiast

All I'm going to say right now is that all of this is getting out of hand. Seriously out of hand. Funny as hell, as I'm laughing my ass off right now but it is so bloody childish. This reminds me of the same bulls**t I encountered on the CBRForum.com a while back.

I have one last argument on this thread but I'm just going to lay back and relax. There's been enough trash talk on this thread already.

For everyone here who owns a real Lamborghini, my congratulations to you. For anyone here who does not own a Lamborghini, perhaps one day you will be fortunate enough to own one.

Cute girl AND knows about Lambos?..... That's HOT

now back to the argument:

REPLICAS SUCK (if you buy one, YOU Suck, and no I don't care if you also own a genuine car or not)

VROOOOOM VROOOOOOOM :lol2: oh im so glad I stayed up

:eusa_naughty:

Hey, keep my name out of this, I own a real Lambo, even if it has a kit installed on it! Also, I deleted that nasty pic you posted.... Please don't do that again!! :rolleyes:

The problem with replicas is that you are trying to convince those around you have something which you do not. It's no different than if he went to his peers and told them their GF is a super-model, he has tens of millions worth of real estate, and he has a personal chef cook him meals. It's probably a flat out lie. That's what replicas are; a flat out LIE. And that reflects poorly on the owner, therefore we label them douche bags.

A poseur. If you can't afford an Armani suit then purchase the best you can possibly afford, but not a fake. Same with the Rolex. Purchase a well made watch from a reputable manufacturer. At least when you keep it all real, then you yourself are a real person who will earn real respect.

You see, this is where perception differs from person to person. When I see someone in an Armani or Versace suit, the first thing I think is poser. Look at it this way, the 2300USD of the shelf suit uses 400USD in material, wholesales for about 1200USD, and retails at 2300USD. For about the same price, or a little more, you can get a custom made suit with better quality material (~40-50% of total cost). Sometimes a name brand is poser material. But, that's just me. :)

Damn Skokos.. Super Detective. Good Work. I knew something was up as he was very defensive. In regards to the above comment........OK so I can go to Ross, buy a cheap dress and sew a Prada tag on it?? BS! How is an Armani Suit Poser?? :eusa_naughty:

BS! How is an Armani Suit Poser?? :eusa_naughty:

Lesser quality material for(about) the same price as a bespoke. You're paying for the name, to be 'in'. Look, this is just my opinion, if someone wants one, more power to them.

Lesser quality material for(about) the same price as a bespoke. You're paying for the name, to be 'in'. Look, this is just my opinion, if someone wants one, more power to them.

Well said and true... In regards to clothes that is. In regards to cars, my feeling is not the same.

You see, this is where perception differs from person to person. When I see someone in an Armani or Versace suit, the first thing I think is poser. Look at it this way, the 2300USD of the shelf suit uses 400USD in material, wholesales for about 1200USD, and retails at 2300USD. For about the same price, or a little more, you can get a custom made suit with better quality material (~40-50% of total cost). Sometimes a name brand is poser material. But, that's just me. :)

You're calling someone who wants to buy a recognized quality brand a poser? Where do you get off??? Sounds like you're reflecting your perceptions based on who you are. People who have the means value things differently and who cares? How does that make them a poser? Pretending you're something you're not is a poser. I know lots of women who have little money but buy Louis Vuitton (which I personally think is complete crap) simply because it makes them feel good about themselves and they take pride in owning it. So what. That doesn't cause me to think they are pretending to be rich by doing so. It's the fakes that get me, those who try and pass themselves as something they are not. What bugs me about the kit cars is that they aren't building something unique, they are building something to pass off as real which cheapens the brand for those who spend the money on the real thing. Every quality brand who cares about their brand spends big dollars to protect it for that reason. I don't care how others spend their money and I don't pass judgement unless they are trying to pass themselves off as something different from who they are. A nice suit, purse, watch without comment wouldn't rise to the level of poser. Telling me they own an 09 LP640 when they don't is a poser.

When I worked as a studio musician (once again I'm not THAT Tommy James) in the late 70s, those who tried hardest to look like a musician ALWAYS sucked the most, every time.

Guest skokos

Sorry about the gross picture mrvroom and others...Lost my temper for a bit,the guys a duche,enough said. He got owned and thats enough for me.

The thing that I have never understood about kit car builders is that it takes a hell of a lot more work to try and make something look exactly like something else. I admire the workmanship of the good ones but why spend all that time copying something else when you obviously have the skills to make something unique and cool?

Sorry about the gross picture mrvroom and others...Lost my temper for a bit,the guys a duche,enough said. He got owned and thats enough for me.

No worries, you did good on the ownage Rob! :icon_thumleft:

You're calling someone who wants to buy a recognized quality brand a poser? Where do you get off??? Sounds like you're reflecting your perceptions based on who you are. People who have the means value things differently and who cares? How does that make them a poser? Pretending you're something you're not is a poser. I know lots of women who have little money but buy Louis Vuitton (which I personally think is complete crap) simply because it makes them feel good about themselves and they take pride in owning it. So what. That doesn't cause me to think they are pretending to be rich by doing so.

OUCH!!!

POSE: 2: to affect an attitude or character usually to deceive or impress <posed as a doctor to gain access to the ward>

It doesn't always mean deception. I understand people value things differently, you can see from my posts that I value quality over a name brand, but others view it differently. As I said, if that's what they want (and for whatever the reason), more power to them, buy it, who cares what someone else thinks.

It's the fakes that get me, those who try and pass themselves as something they are not. What bugs me about the kit cars is that they aren't building something unique, they are building something to pass off as real which cheapens the brand for those who spend the money on the real thing. Every quality brand who cares about their brand spends big dollars to protect it for that reason. I don't care how others spend their money and I don't pass judgement unless they are trying to pass themselves off as something different from who they are. A nice suit, purse, watch without comment wouldn't rise to the level of poser. Telling me they own an 09 LP640 when they don't is a poser.

I concur.

When I worked as a studio musician (once again I'm not THAT Tommy James) in the late 70s, those who tried hardest to look like a musician ALWAYS sucked the most, every time.

Haha, I could also tell you stories (not music related though).

You're calling someone who wants to buy a recognized quality brand a poser? Where do you get off??? Sounds like you're reflecting your perceptions based on who you are. People who have the means value things differently and who cares? How does that make them a poser? Pretending you're something you're not is a poser. I know lots of women who have little money but buy Louis Vuitton (which I personally think is complete crap) simply because it makes them feel good about themselves and they take pride in owning it. So what. That doesn't cause me to think they are pretending to be rich by doing so. It's the fakes that get me, those who try and pass themselves as something they are not. What bugs me about the kit cars is that they aren't building something unique, they are building something to pass off as real which cheapens the brand for those who spend the money on the real thing. Every quality brand who cares about their brand spends big dollars to protect it for that reason. I don't care how others spend their money and I don't pass judgement unless they are trying to pass themselves off as something different from who they are. A nice suit, purse, watch without comment wouldn't rise to the level of poser. Telling me they own an 09 LP640 when they don't is a poser.

I may be mistaken but I interpret the remarks to mean that some people will buy an Armani suit in the hope that OTHERS will percieve them to have the lifestyle normally attached to the suit. IOW they are trying to buy the lifestyle by buying things that are part of an affluent lifestyle. Same thing as people who buy expensive cars, but live in moderate housing, live a moderate lifestyle and have to park the car on the street. Just my 2c

Yea, but it was funny as hell.

I may be mistaken but I interpret the remarks to mean that some people will buy an Armani suit in the hope that OTHERS will percieve them to have the lifestyle normally attached to the suit. IOW they are trying to buy the lifestyle by buying things that are part of an affluent lifestyle. Same thing as people who buy expensive cars, but live in moderate housing, live a moderate lifestyle and have to park the car on the street. Just my 2c

But that's my point. Who are we to decide what is and isn't the right thing to buy at the right level of means? If someone lives in a shit-box and drives a nice car, so what? I know people who spend every dime they have and enjoy nice things. I also know people who have a lot of money and won't spend a dime to have fun. It's not for me to judge. I don't see the value in some expensive clothes (parents were in the rag business) yet I know people who think it's extremely important. I say to each his own. A poser is someone who's pretending to be someone different than who they are. They are not authentic by personality. I'll spend all day talking to someone who hopes to someday have a Lamborghini and wants to talk cars. I have no time for the guy who pretends to have one. Big difference.

The thing that I have never understood about kit car builders is that it takes a hell of a lot more work to try and make something look exactly like something else. I admire the workmanship of the good ones but why spend all that time copying something else when you obviously have the skills to make something unique and cool?

Exactly!