Dismal predicitons for America's economy in the next 4 years...

havemercy

if everyone stopped talking about the sky falling maybe the sky wouldn't fall

Truer words have never been spoken. I commend you, good sir.

AMEN!! I had never felt so good until I gave up 24 Hour news in the 90's. I'm relatively optimistic now, and even manage to go outside of my home....sometimes. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AMEN!! I had never felt so good until I gave up 24 Hour news in the 90's. I'm relatively optimistic now, and even manage to go outside of my home....sometimes. ;)

My wife is the same way. She doesn't feel informed when she watches the news, just depressed. I update her on things of substance (nothing having to do with Tazers, rape, petty politics, or what happens when you feed rats double their body weight in anything), and she may go online and read about things she feels are important, but she is happier without daily doom-and-gloom. And I may follow in her footsteps soon.

I think things will change soon though. The media that has admitted to being biased to get Obama elected may switch over to making him look good with messages of optimism starting January 20th.

R.

I think things will change soon though. The media that has admitted to being biased to get Obama elected may switch over to making him look good with messages of optimism starting January 20th.

R.

Lpower is a media outlet and yes we have been notified by the powers that be to get the focus off of bad news and on to making the new government look good. With that said, here is our first step in that direction. Here is a newly appointed treasury official trying to get the economy under control, for the purposes of this demonstration the "economy" is represented by the democratic party's mascot...

&"> &" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I stopped watching the news a few years ago, until recently, I was also a huge fan of The Daily Show. However, since the financial crisis started, I can't even watch Jon Stewart due to his guests' bleak news.

The sky is not going to fall. The US is a nation of consumers. In order to consume, we have to buy. Buying creates jobs. It goes round and round. Things might get real bad, but this talk of massive tent cities and and massive crime is total hogwash. Good people who become unemployed don't start doing crystal meth and going on crime sprees. It's just does not work like that. Sorry, this guy is an idiot.

I have been saying for the last 5 months that all the news channels should go off air and they should just play classical music instead. OK so a lot of you would prefer they throw the Spice channel up there instead. My point is that I agree, all the talking heads are sensationalist douche bags.

• 2 years later...

Bumped onto this topic, looks like we have the front row seats for the show.

Ill run right out and buy a 4 year supply of Roman Noodle right away

:rolleyes:

RomanDad making noodles now? Where have I been!

If the government doesn't shrink the deficit big-time soon, there is a big risk there will be a lot of pain for the middle-income and the poor within about a decade probably (much moreso than now).

This prediction about the US going to hell by 2012 is obviously ridiculous...the WHOLE WORLD is ending in 2012! Where has this guy been? :rolleyes:

Holy old thread Batman.

I was the OP of this thread and its very interesting to see what has actually taken place since Nov of 08.

Lets see...

food prices going up

food shortages

homeless "tent cities" emerging in several U.S. cities

Gold prices going through the roof, etc...

Holy old thread Batman.

I was the OP of this thread and its very interesting to see what has actually taken place since Nov of 08.

Lets see...

food prices going up

food shortages

homeless "tent cities" emerging in several U.S. cities

Gold prices going through the roof, etc...

There has been some inflation in food prices.... But where have there been "food shortages" and "tent cities"?

Gold has gone up from 1000/ oz to 1400/ oz.... Between 2000 and 2009 it went from 200/ oz to 1000/ oz, so that growth has slowed considerably...

There has been some inflation in food prices.... But where have there been "food shortages" and "tent cities"?

Gold has gone up from 1000/ oz to 1400/ oz.... Between 2000 and 2009 it went from 200/ oz to 1000/ oz, so that growth has slowed considerably...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle5898237.ece

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&bav...280&bih=557

I'm not saying there are thousands of middle class people who have lost their jobs and now have been living in tent cities but there definitely are tent cities emerging. That is a fact.

I'm also not saying I believe in all the predictions the guy is making. In fact I'd much rather focus on positive things and I prefer to keep away from negative news. Just interesting looking back at a 3 year old thread...

I'm not saying there are thousands of middle class people who have lost their jobs and now have been living in tent cities but there definitely are tent cities emerging. That is a fact.

I'm also not saying I believe in all the predictions the guy is making. In fact I'd much rather focus on positive things and I prefer to keep away from negative news. Just interesting looking back at a 3 year old thread...

Didn't you find it odd, that you had to go to a UK new source to find any info on "tent cities" in the US?

OK... NOW I know what youre talking about...

There are "Tent Cities" popping up in California because California state and most of its municipalities have been taken over by leftists.... And they are rolling out a welcome map. In other words, "if you build it, they will come."

This happened in Venice and Santa Monica (MUCH to the Chagrin of residents of both cities, who were torn between watching their neighborhoods LITERALLY turn into a shithole, and voting against liberal politicians....) 10 years ago. The city governments started repealing anti-vagrancy laws, allowing people to sleep on the beach and in cars, and in the case of Santa Monica, actually giving out free food. They ended up with bums from all over the country, who came to town for the warm weather and free shit.

And instead of taxpayers saying "fcuk THIS, Im tired of jumping over a river of shit to get to my car" the idea has spread.... As soon as a city designates a big hunk of land as a homeless camp, they all of a sudden have an influx of homeless people... Why not? Free food, free rent, and warm weather?

And instead of taxpayers saying "fcuk THIS, Im tired of jumping over a river of shit to get to my car" the idea has spread.... As soon as a city designates a big hunk of land as a homeless camp, they all of a sudden have an influx of homeless people... Why not? Free food, free rent, and warm weather?

So you mean if I were to drive out to California right now I could put up a tent and get free food (!?!).

So you mean if I were to drive out to California right now I could put up a tent and get free food (!?!).

If you're willing to step to that level.

Honestly we don't know how good we have it here. The bottom billion or so people in the world are in a totally different level of poverty. If there is any massive revolt or "Apocalypticism," it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Some people here need a wake-up call. We're quite alright in this country!

This is how I know that homeless people are mentally ill. If I was homeless I would move somewhere warm. Every winter there are stories of homeless people frozen to death. You gotta be crazy to not find a ride south during the winter if you don't have a place to live. Hell, I have a place to live and some winters I think I am crazy for staying where it is cold.

Okay, if you do not invest in commodities (gold, silver, farmland) for your portfolio then you are not diversified enough for the next four years. This is just my .02

Every friend I know has gold and silver right now (both in hand and shares) that is a millionaire. Simply put, this is what everyone is doing just for a worst case scenario.

This is a perfect example of people thinking other people (Peter Schiff) are crazy but in reality they were correct...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

This is a longshot but a simple example of how easy it can happen...things would have to get alot worse obviously before this takes place....

Okay, if you do not invest in commodities (gold, silver, farmland) for your portfolio then you are not diversified enough for the next four years. This is just my .02

Every friend I know has gold and silver right now (both in hand and shares) that is a millionaire. Simply put, this is what everyone is doing just for a worst case scenario.

This is a perfect example of people thinking other people (Peter Schiff) are crazy but in reality they were correct...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw

This is a longshot but a simple example of how easy it can happen...things would have to get alot worse obviously before this takes place....

What's the best way for a college student to buy gold, either now or over the next few years?