Save her

Tommy

There is a blue 1976 LP400 for sale in France. 30,000 km, chassis #114 (not that sure about that), engine needs some work (cylinders heads and carburetor). 49K€

Save her!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some bad pics

There is a neat looking white/white LM002 for sale too! The Smurf !!!

4732352710.jpg

4759681775.jpg

4793983339.jpg

There is a blue 1976 LP400 for sale in France. 30,000 km, chassis #114 (not that sure about that), engine needs some work (cylinders heads and carburetor). 49K€

Save her!!!!!

Are you kidding? 49K Euro?

That is unreal, a periscopa for 49k??? Wow, someone needs to grab that up right now!!!

Asked a fried this morning about the possible shot sylinderheads and carbs on a car that might have sat for a few years. He started by laughing.. and asked if I wanted to hear what I wanted to hear, or the possibly reality? Scary answer. But worth investigating.. Might end up costing a tad over 49 when on the road.

By the way

- I'm unfortunately not able to check out the car. The car is located in the middle of France and I'm in the Caribbean right now.

- I don't know if there is a rear fender flare, but it looks as if there is one.

- I don't have any details regarding mechanical / body / interior condition yet. I'm working on it.

BUT

What I do know, is that it seems that the seller has no paper, and that is a problem.

I'm getting in touch with the seller, I'll answer all your questions when I'll have more infos.

Yes, that's why I said I wasn't sure about it being the #114... The whole thing is just weird imo, but I'm trying to get more infos anyway

Tommy

Do you have any contact information, from the listing ? What part of France, is the car located in (nearest large town)? Beat it - EMILIO :icon_mrgreen: .

I can't believe that car, would still be around. I know of a classic L broker, that is in France. I would guess, he would have already showed up and taken the car. With a restoration, you will have to also pay for the cost of the correct 200MPH bullet mirrors :eusa_dance: .

Perhaps it is a scam, or the listing was misprinted ? Some Nigerians will do anything, to find a foolish person asking to wire money.

I know "deals" sometimes pop up from people that do not know the market prices, but this is a genuine steal, if the car is legit. It is worth looking into, but it is probably also a good idea to have someone physically look at the car, before anyone attempts to actually pay for it or give a deposit.

Some scam artists, are only looking for a deposit - nothing else.

Ralf I doubt that this is a scam. I think the car is real, and really for sale. Now, if the seller doesn't have any paper it may not be the best deal...

Tommy has a good point here: without any papers for the car ... you never know what is the story behind

Tommy has a good point here: without any papers for the car ... you never know what is the story behind

what papers are required in france for a 1976 automobile?

I have delt with bringing a car from japan back to the USA but japan still only has a title for the car matching the vin tag.

I would have to imagine by the time the cars made it on a forum, there's already a small crowd fighting over it.

Somebody might not know what they have. I'm curious about the paperwork issue....

what paperwork is considered normal and if it is missing, what problems does that create?

Somebody might not know what they have. I'm curious about the paperwork issue....

what paperwork is considered normal and if it is missing, what problems does that create?

Try to import a car with no papers! Why is it missing they ask? Is it stolen? NO, you answer. We don't belive you they say. And there you are with a car you can't import and probably not use..

what papers are required in france for a 1976 automobile?

I have delt with bringing a car from japan back to the USA but japan still only has a title for the car matching the vin tag.

i imported 2 cars to Italy

with all the papers is not easy and takes LONG time to import and register...

without ? good luck