Should I be flattered?

This is getting VERY wierd. I'm starting to worry that they might try to abduct me, skin me, wear my skin like a Heffner costume while dancing in front of the mirror like in Silence of the Lambs. I would hate for that to happen. :lol2:

Maybe aliens will abduct you while the forum guy abducts you, so you can be abducted while being abducted.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is a good problem which you dont want. No choice other than letting the administrators know.

To be fair, the "rag" is actually a detailing cloth. To be "fair" to Allan, it is directly below the cooling line/oil line for the turbo. Is that a lube line or is that cooling? Did you have a leak? Those steel braided lines can be compromised if not fitted properly or built correctly. Very odd place to find "dust".

To be fair, the "rag" is actually a detailing cloth. To be "fair" to Allan, it is directly below the cooling line/oil line for the turbo. Is that a lube line or is that cooling? Did you have a leak? Those steel braided lines can be compromised if not fitted properly or built correctly. Very odd place to find "dust".

it was probably the first thing they were able to put there hands on after they noticed, drip, drip, drip LOL

but lets be honest, that pic looks dam pretty :)

it was probably the first thing they were able to put there hands on after they noticed, drip, drip, drip LOL

but lets be honest, that pic looks dam pretty :)

Agreed, absolutely. Their setup looks really nice, supposedly runs pretty nicely. I don't know them, don't know their product or their reputation aside from what I have seen happen here and the little that is over on Viper Forums. Interestingly enough, I have referred several people to Jason as he has always been very down to earth, even keel, knowledgeable and above all kind (not sure if any of them have done business or not). I visited his shop in Sarasota about a year or so ago. He took some time out to speak with me ( I had arrived competly unannounced, as I went down on a whim from a business trip) and then when his friend/client arrived he invited me to lunch(Chad).

I also know that Jason's product, while maybe (from the pictures posted on the bottom by Underground and the Ripper guy) not as visually stunning, performs exceedingly well and is remarkably reliable. I have never heard a bad word about him or his installs. That said, as a tuner, I am sure he has had some issues at some point in time or another; but I have never heard a bad thing about him or his reputation as he must always handle each situation with unequivocal professionalism and courage enough to stand behind his product.

What I have seen here, if true, is completely unacceptable and poor form by not only whomever is committing the deed but the forum for perpetuating the problem after Jason brought it to light.

As another aside, I just saw some guy on Speed TV from Underground Racing named KC Howeth repping a twin turbo Viper. I thought the car was a Hennessy car though, that was weird. Maybe it was theirs and I just missed something.

As another aside, I just saw some guy on Speed TV from Underground Racing named KC Howeth repping a twin turbo Viper. I thought the car was a Hennessy car though, that was weird. Maybe it was theirs and I just missed something.

It's an UGR car. 1500hp.

Is Ripper aware that that is not really Heffner posting or is this all an intentional, immature set-up??

Ripper was enlightened on the 7th about it. I don't believe Jerry knew he was being played in regard to this fake profile.

This "fire-starter" knew exactly what they were doing by creating this fake Heffner profile and got the ever predictable reaction they were looking for.

Ripper was enlightened on the 7th about it. I don't believe Jerry knew he was being played in regard to this fake profile.

This "fire-starter" knew exactly what they were doing by creating this fake Heffner profile and got the ever predictable reaction they were looking for.

I think they all knew the entire time...

The owner of the site has basically stated that they do not care to get to the bottom of this or verify any information and will continue to allow this to go on. This is really quite unbelievable.

The owner of the site has basically stated that they do not care to get to the bottom of this or verify any information and will continue to allow this to go on. This is really quite unbelievable.

Theres no way to know if this is a scandal or if its a malicious attempt to wreck the site. Its a pretty well known fact that several in a certain crowd have those intentions. Its also no secret that viperforums.net is primarily (so far, although we encourage everyone to participate) inhabited by a number of UGR customers, so obviously that makes it all pretty fishy no matter what side youre on.

We have stated that we are still looking into it. No one said it was going to continue. Our dilemna lies in that you or someone close-knit could be up to it all for reasons of malice. Nothing posted under the "heffner performance" screen name on our site had anything other than a sincere tone to it as far as most are concerned. Therefore, when people attacked the username, and then all of a sudden we are getting a request to have everything deleted, it raised some suspicion once again and some suggest it could have actually been you and that once you were attacked you decided to cover it up and back out.

Something else I might mention that is very fishy is that there are several screen names that exist on other boards (including here) where that "actual" person was not the person who registered the name... Just some food for thought.

We'll get to the bottom of it, but talking to you on the phone just to here you say "no it isnt me" just isnt enough to pull anything yet. No one said it was gonna continue, it was only stated that we were looking into it.

^^ Nothing a really nasty cease & desist letter can't solve!!! The site has an OBLIGATION to control these situations. God forbid you suffer an economic loss related to this then it's attack time!!

^^ Nothing a really nasty cease & desist letter can't solve!!! The site has an OBLIGATION to control these situations. God forbid you suffer an economic loss related to this then it's attack time!!

Not sure why you are chiming in at all with no dog in the hunt, but just to clarify (once again), we have already stated that we are investigating. There has been no refusal of cooperation. We hate this type of bullshit drama more so than you do, especially from grown men. Pretty pathetic IMO, and its a huge waste of time and money at the end of the day when legal documents fly back and forth. How about we cross that road if and when we get there?

Thanks for your attempt in fueling the fire from a spectators seat though. :rolleyes:

Theres no way to know if this is a scandal or if its a malicious attempt to wreck the site. Its a pretty well known fact that several in a certain crowd have those intentions. Its also no secret that viperforums.net is primarily (so far, although we encourage everyone to participate) inhabited by a number of UGR customers, so obviously that makes it all pretty fishy no matter what side youre on.

We have stated that we are still looking into it. No one said it was going to continue. Our dilemna lies in that you or someone close-knit could be up to it all for reasons of malice. Nothing posted under the "heffner performance" screen name on our site had anything other than a sincere tone to it as far as most are concerned. Therefore, when people attacked the username, and then all of a sudden we are getting a request to have everything deleted, it raised some suspicion once again and some suggest it could have actually been you and that once you were attacked you decided to cover it up and back out.

Something else I might mention that is very fishy is that there are several screen names that exist on other boards (including here) where that "actual" person was not the person who registered the name... Just some food for thought.

We'll get to the bottom of it, but talking to you on the phone just to here you say "no it isnt me" just isnt enough to pull anything yet. No one said it was gonna continue, it was only stated that we were looking into it.

I contacted you yesterday because two friends of mine made me aware of what was going on. Your theory that this is some big conspiracy to make you look bad couldn't be any more ridiculous. The issue is that whoever is behind this is expressing views that are not mine, under the pretence that they are mine.

What exactly are you doing to "look into" this?

I don't kow what else to say. I have informed you that I have nothing to do with this screen name and you are allowing this to continue, that in itself seems "fishy" to me.

I dont see what the big deal is, he is saying that its not him so delete the fcuk'n name already...

Yeah its pretty simple... delete the name, block the IP address, and delete the thread.

I contacted you yesterday because two friends of mine made me aware of what was going on. Your theory that this is some big conspiracy to make you look bad couldn't be any more ridiculous. The issue is that whoever is behind this is expressing views that are not mine, under the pretence that they are mine.

What exactly are you doing to "look into" this?

I don't kow what else to say. I have informed you that I have nothing to do with this screen name and you are allowing this to continue, that in itself seems "fishy" to me.

I wont discuss any more details on a public forum, other than to tell you that AOL IP's are non specific. That means that its either someone smart doing it to be sneaky, or its just a coincidence that you browsed and contacted us using the same provider IP. :rolleyes: Im leaning towards giving you the benefit of the doubt given that millions of folks are AOL customers. We will be in contact with both email addresses provided to us, so please standby.

On a side note and off topic, I wont even begin to tell you what is really fishy. Maybe you can ask that to the folks over at SpeedAlley for me. I seem to have lost my access :lol2: , and GARY JAVO wont return my PM's here... An open invite still exists for him to come over to our site and participate. I have reassured him that there are no hard feelings about all of our bannings from his site that occurred simultaneous to our forum's startup. No worries; we dont employ those policies, Gary, and would really enjoy having you all over on the site.

I dont see what the big deal is, he is saying that its not him so delete the fcuk'n name already...

Whose to say it isnt really him backing out after some of our members extended him a less than warm welcome. Its none of my business but it seems like a lot of good folks feel that some bridges and friendships were burned. Not my business, and I have no dog in the race.

Yeah its pretty simple... delete the name, block the IP address, and delete the thread.

Hey genious. Maybe you should back track a few posts and come to the realization that if we block the IP, we would be blocking millions of AOL users. :lol2:

So whats the beef with Ripper? Can someone give me really really short cliff notes. Thanks

Okay folks...

I was the one one informed Jason this was going on.

I have no horse in this race and there is no hidden agenda in making one camp or the other look foolish. I have never played that game and never will.

When I was surfing viperforums on the 7th of January I was surprised to see "Heffner Performance" posting. I noticed the writing style and content. I also noticed some of the posts were copy and pastes from old posts Jason made on other forums. It didn't add up. Either Jason flipped his lid or someone was up to no good. Either way I wanted to know directly from the horses mouth what was up.

I communicated on what I found to Jason and one other individual close to Jason and the immediate response back to me was basically "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that is not me."

Then Jason made his position known publicly on this forum and Speedalley.

So...no games, no agenda. Just people seeking the truth.

Okay folks...

When I was surfing viperforums on the 7th of January I was surprised to see "Heffner Performance" posting. I noticed the writing style and content. I also noticed some of the posts were copy and pastes from old posts Jason made on other forums. It didn't add up. Either Jason flipped his lid or someone was up to no good. Either way I wanted to know directly from the horses mouth what was up.

I communicated on what I found to Jason and one other individual close to Jason and the immediate response back to me was basically "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, that is not me."

Then Jason made his position known publicly on this forum and Speedalley.

So...no games, no agenda. Just people seeking the truth.

Funny you mention the posting style, because "we" ;) have also noticed that the style and context in the posts are very similar. Almost too similar. That only further raises suspicions in most member's eyes that it could all be a backing out of sorts after a not so warm welcome. Its also funny that rather than try to dispute anything within the very site this is all happening, these threads were started on other forums. Almost seems that it was meant to get noticed that way. :eusa_think:

Either someone really did their homework in impersonating Heffner, or there is a major coverup attempt in the works. Neither at this point would genuinely surprise me.

Let it be known that although I have my opinions, that isnt deterring me from aiding in finding out the real truth.