Our S1 1121038 for sale

De993

Unfortunately those day are gone.

Gary should post the real sell price so people can stop guessing values.

When times were good I paid $160K for my low mile pedigree car not in need of any restoration.

Why would this car be worth anywhere near that in this economy?

imo we are forgetting an important thing here:

we are obvioulsy not talking mass produced sport cars here (360s ,gallardos...)

but we are also not talking of a VT roadster diablo or countach anniversary built in some 450-650 examples and always available on the open market

it is always hard to put a value on a serie of 50 cars....and even more with some gone, some bad, almost no one for sale and a good part on the opposite part of the globe

if offerts made on my car these weecks are a good pulse on the serie uno market ...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imo we are forgetting an important thing here:

we are obvioulsy not talking mass produced sport cars here (360s ,gallardos...)

but we are also not talking of a VT roadster diablo or countach anniversary built in some 450-650 examples and always available on the open market

it is always hard to put a value on a serie of 50 cars....and even more with some gone, some bad, almost no one for sale and a good part on the opposite part of the globe

if offerts made on my car these weecks are a good pulse on the serie uno market ...

Agree, but it's 50 cars with certain wheels, 150 lowbodys total, 2,000 Countach total, where personal preference is just that personal.

Just like you selling your S1 for a Downdraft, that is a personal decision.

Myself wanting a white S2 is just my personal taste.

My Silhouette was 1 of 55 cars ever made and was arguably the best one in the world....value?? -- $65,000

Unless the collector car world (not just a few of us fans) goes nuts over a car, there has to be realistic values based on condition and miles.

Someone buy this car, I know the price now and it is a bargain.

The price is all driven by supply and demand. It is that simple.

Why is the 250PF coupe, worth hundreds of thosands less than a Lusso ? The production #'s are quite similar. The performance of the 250PF coupe, is not all that much different from the Tdf - Bill Noon. Why just two short years ago, was an Islero relatively cheap ?

Supply and demand.

If you have 15 people looking for an S1, and you have two cars on the market, the advantage is with the sellers. If the #'s are reversed, the advantage is with the buyers. The prices will adjust accordingly. The modern production cars, have other additional issues. With the modern production exotics, the prices are also adjusted by supply and demand. Everyone here, is already aware of all of this.

Post # 28 is correct !

Who did the engine rebuild is very important to know....?

We did. We own Italy Service in Las Vegas. Feel free to check our reputation. My husband's intent when they did the engine rebuild was to drive this car forever, so you can bet it was done right with no time or expense spared.

Oh, ok great. Did other things get replaced while you guys had everything apart?

clutch, mounts, hoses etc.? What about the engine compartment? Are we talking Full

rebuild or more of a refresh? A few pictures would be great. How long have you

guys been working on exotic cars?

Oh, ok great. Did other things get replaced while you guys had everything apart?

clutch, mounts, hoses etc.? What about the engine compartment? Are we talking Full

rebuild or more of a refresh? A few pictures would be great. How long have you

guys been working on exotic cars?

Yes to all of the above and more. I have a page long list of parts we replaced and would be happy to show actual receipts to anyone who is seriously interested in the car. I will email the list to anyone who is interested, just PM me with your email address. Italy Service has been specializing in Italian cars in Las Vegas for over 30 years.

Pic: Day in the life at our shop. I have a pic somewhere with 3 countaches that we had at one time, but I can't find it .

My CD drive is not working on my computer right now. I have a friend who is resizing and sending me more engine out pics. When I get those, I will post them.

DSC00008.JPG

Pic: Day in the life at our shop. I have a pic somewhere with 3 countaches that we had at one time, but I can't find it .

My CD drive is not working on my computer right now. I have a friend who is resizing and sending me more engine out pics. When I get those, I will post them.

Ehhh I threw up a little...

From their website...

Thanks, I need to organize the pics on my computer so I can find them!

Unfortunately those day are gone.

Gary should post the real sell price so people can stop guessing values.

When times were good I paid $160K for my low mile pedigree car not in need of any restoration.

Why would this car be worth anywhere near that in this economy?

The discussion of values is definitely worth having. After speaking with you over this past week, I believe you and I are in complete agreement. I have seen this car up close at the Countach Reunion at the Concorso and know what I would pay for her in todays market and why. Forget supply and demand as I believe Peter posted. Supply and demand will drive prices when people have disposable income and the economic future looks good, but it takes a backseat when most folks are worried about the stability of their future. Even most people with money are taking a very careful approach with how they plan to spend/save what they have as it appears things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The value of this or any other car is not what any of us thinks it is. The true value is only what someone is willing to pay for her, and that figure may or may not be acceptable to Gary and his wife.

that car belonged to turki bin saud bin abdulaziz .. son of the second king of saudi, king saud...

but i do believe he gave it to a cuzzen of his as a present, that lasted a few days becouse his couzen couldnt drive comfortably in it... he drove it around the block once and sayed, thats too much car for me... as the rumour goes... but i always heared the car was all blue? haitian blue ??

whats the asking price? i would rather own a ct than a murci any day...

The discussion of values is definitely worth having. After speaking with you over this past week, I believe you and I are in complete agreement. I have seen this car up close at the Countach Reunion at the Concorso and know what I would pay for her in todays market and why. Forget supply and demand as I believe Peter posted. Supply and demand will drive prices when people have disposable income and the economic future looks good, but it takes a backseat when most folks are worried about the stability of their future. Even most people with money are taking a very careful approach with how they plan to spend/save what they have as it appears things are going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

The value of this or any other car is not what any of us thinks it is. The true value is only what someone is willing to pay for her, and that figure may or may not be acceptable to Gary and his wife.

Supply and demand always come into play.

It applies in both good and bad economic times. Drop the price of the 275GTB/4 to 195K, and you will create a lot of demand. At 195K, the supply will not be able to meet demand. If that is the case, the price should be increased.

Supply and demand always come into play.

It applies in both good and bad economic times. Drop the price of the 275GTB/4 to 195K, and you will create a lot of demand. At 195K, the supply will not be able to meet demand. If that is the case, the price should be increased.

Hi Ralph, I believe you've missed my point. I never said that supply and demand do not come into play. You can create demand for anything through pricing...among other variables. My statement started off with, "Supply and demand will drive prices when people have disposable income". There is very little demand for big ticket items that are 'wants' and not 'needs' so forget supply and demand "driving prices". For now those days are over. This of course is due to the current ecomonic conditions but mostly to the future economic forecast. I know of no one who is forecasting this recession to end anytime in the foreseeable futrue, yet I do hear many folks stating that this is just the beginning and even could end up as a depression.

The 535 elected representatives on Capitol Hill have put together an economic albatross that will not save us from the inevitable, but if passed will create inflation levels not seen since the 70's. The inevitable is happenning, (all bubbles burst), and will continue on until it's over, whenever that may be. The pork barrel stimulus and debt bill will just prolong it. I of course have no crystal ball, but I do like to study my history, and if history is any indicator then what's happenning now is not going to be short or shallow. Until there is a light at the end of the tunnel, most folks will prudently plan for the worse.

In my home state alone 3 banks all filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy on Friday. My next door neighbor owns a Remax franchise and is hurting badly while trying desperately to unload property and other big ticket items he had acquired while the market was good and he was wealthy. He hasn't been able to move any of these items in over a year now because there is no demand for them. His prices keep dropping and still there is no demand. Another friend is high up in a major government agency in crisis management. He and his family are stock piling nonperishable's among other things because he has a unique insight to what is happenning.

I apologize if this post seemed a little off target too some as this thread was started as an announcement for the sale of a car, but as with any sale of a collectable anything a discussion of value arose. Emotionally I would love to own this Countach, but when I place a value on an item I leave passion and emotion out of it. I turn to logic, and I base the value of an item, to me, solely using logic. The reason for all of the above concerning todays economic climate is that logically I need to assess the real conditions of the present and future economy as well as the true condition of the item for sale in order to place a personal value on it. For me, Gary's asking price is well above the logical value of the item, today.

He may find a buyer at the asking price, (as another person will inevitably decide the value of this item differently than me), and for Gary's future plans I hope that he does, but it won't be because supply and demand drove the sale, (I could finish this sentence but it will come across as rude to Gary and/or the future buyer, and I really am not trying to be so I will leave it at that).

Another friend is high up in a major government agency in crisis management. He and his family are stock piling nonperishable's among other things because he has a unique insight to what is happenning.

?

?

Really Ralph. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that sentence. Because of his job, what he sees and hears he expects very bad times up coming and is putting away nonperisable foods, among other essentials just in case the worse case scenario happens. This guy is a highly educated, logical thinking and level headed person that an important agency within our government trust with a extremely high level job dealing with other governments at a high level. He is not prone to fantasy. It most likely will never come to that extreme, but when it comes to his family he has decided it is always better to be safe than sorry. I know this guy well enough that when he speaks on a subjest such as this, I listen.