Update on my 82

johnmh

As I have not posted any pictures in a while, I attach one with a few more to follow in the near future as work progresses.

pic_159.JPG

Damn! Now that's a job done the right way!!

Godamit! Just when I was think about buying either a gen1 Viper or an Urraco, you post a picture that my wife happenes to see!!!!

This is her quote:

"You need to finish the second floor first (its 80% done and will be finished next month or April) but after that you can buy whatever you want BUT.......why don't you take your money and finish the Countach first like this guy"

Damn!

John

Kewl !!!!!

We had to fabricate some type of trolly, to move the car around the shop.

Actually, the car was painted on Saturday. I am just having a few problems with my email accepting large pictures. I will post more soon.

Better yet, hopefully soon I can send some pics of the engine coming together. Waiting for some liners to be pressed into the block while I reseal my differential.

Elsewhere I have posted about an LM I found, hopefully I can post pictures (if I buy it). I wonder if my Countach jig can support the weight of an LM bodyshell.

Might see some pics of that masked in the paint shop one day.

love this stuff the best! Post everything you can :icon_super:

Mike,

You need to find a nice Countach project car and a can of blue paint. :icon_thumleft:

Mike,

You need to find a Countach project car and a can of blue paint. :icon_thumleft:

perfect call Ralph, you are obviously paying attention :icon_super:

add a hot blondie and a 10 foot stack of Benjamin's and I am all set :monkeyleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Very nice to see it being done right. Good job john

The car was originally white with a white interior (not my favourite CT combination), but was painted red many years ago. I know that originality counts for something, but I ask myself which shade I would have ordered if I had bought the car new in 1982. Call me boring but I like the ubiquitous rosso siviglia Countach and after 3 years rebuilding it I have no desire to ever sell it.

I thought about tahiti blue for a long time, but it would be difficult to match here and I might not like it years from now. If I ever find an LP400 it will be that shade of green on the Countach at the factory museum. I love that green on the LP400. Then again, paisley would look good on that car.

Ink black is the other colour I like, but I already have that covered:

IMG_0011.JPG

John,

Congratulations :icon_super: :icon_super:

The black 400S that you have, is probably one of the best Countach autos anywhere.

Great work on the old forlorn 82 :icon_pidu:

John,

Bravo!

Ferruccio painted his red Countach white so you have every right to paint your white one red :)

The black car has low kilometers and is original if memory serves... what is the kilometers?

Tony

I have one word to say..........WOWEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And.....please keep this thread going as the work progresses. I love these restoration threads !!!!

Makes me so happy to se a car being put back into the state it is supposed to be in. Glad there is guys like you around. Not only the Lambo-car "shifters"..

I thought about tahiti blue for a long time, but it would be difficult to match here and I might not like it years from now. If I ever find an LP400 it will be that shade of green on the Countach at the factory museum. I love that green on the LP400. Then again, paisley would look good on that car.

Ink black is the other colour I like, but I already have that covered:

I'm not sure how one could ever get tired of Tahiti blue (if I ever paint mine, it will be that color), but rosso is not bad either, and better than white IMO (sorry Steve and Romandad). Great job, John. You are inspiring me to go work on mine.

Thanks for the encouragement. I do like tahiti, but will wait for the next CT to try that shade.

Black car (1980 model) was bought 3 years ago with 1000km on the clock. I now have 5000 km on it.

Runs like new.