UR Twin Turbo Murcie

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LETS START THE BASHING?! :) Ok just kidding. All I wanted to troll in and say is "Dont call it a Merci!" Its a Murci if anything. Merci is what they say in France and what non-owners call Murcielagos. Lets keep it straight. :)

The setup looks pretty awesome. Looking forward to the preliminary numbers. You need a tradein program for a TTG to a TTM.

Ben

I thought I would introduce myself since the project is public now - I am the owner of the Nera TT-R and the just revealed Murci LP640 - I am excited to see what #'s these bad boys put down as well! :)

Kevin and KC and crew have done an absolutely amazing job on these projects. I came across Underground Racing after a shop in Portland, OR totaled my Supercharged Viper while "street tuning" it (9:30pm at night, girlfriend in the car and 405ft skid marks on a public freeway) - after doing lots of research and speaking with the various shops and on the recommendation of John Reed, I talked to Kevin @ UGR. I purchased a 2006 SRT10 Viper and had it shipped to UGR - it came back a TT'd 1300whp beast that drives like stock until you tickle the turbos, then it pulls like a freight train through all gears.

I went down to watch the dyno of my Viper and took a ride in UGR's Green Gallardo and was just blown away by the power delivery and smoothness and TRACTION! Any of you who have driven a TT Viper (or other RWD 1000whp+ car) knows that wheelspin @ >120mph is a pisser and can end up badly! I had always been interested in the Gallardo and Murci and found a great deal on the 2007 Gallardo Nera and decided to pull the trigger. UGR had the motor out of by the time my flight landed a mere 24-48 hours after the car arrived @ UGR.

I also found an 2008 Murci LP640 which Kevin and KC checked out for me and we decided to proceed with that project as well - "Show NO Merci" ( I know it's "MURCI" ) is what I told Kevin I wanted :) It'll be interesting to see what kind of power we get out of it and how it handles, drives and reacts to the high power level.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and learning more about everyone's cars! There seems to be awesome projects coming out of all the shops and should be a great time all around!

Obviously you are quite a fan of black cars! Great choices. How the hell are you going to decide which lambo to drive?!

Badass! And the car should handle the power fine given Doug Levins work in turbo'ing Murci's. I think Doug said in one of his posts on here that they were fine.

Obviously you are quite a fan of black cars! Great choices. How the hell are you going to decide which lambo to drive?!

The Murci is going to be an excellent show car as far as "WOW" factor and will have some serious power, but not the "Punishing" power of the Nera TT-R - that thing is going to be literally a rocket on wheels. I know it's a little crazy with the power levels we are dealing with here, but it's amazing how quick you get used to the power - the Viper with the giant 522 CID motor will always have the torque which is quite fun as well!

Doug has done a bunch of R&D on the murc over the last few years. he has perfected his TT conversion, but maybe he can chime in to share about the chassis etc...

Doug mentioned in the other thread that his last TT LP640 dynoed over 1000RWHP on a very conservative tune only 1 day after he finished building it. He then had to ship it overseas. At those levels the car is an ABSOLUTE BEAST, especially due to the torque it produces from the V-12. Even at low boost these kits take away the heavy feeling the Murcie has, and make it feel closer to the Gallardo with regards to throttle response and staying in the power band. I assume this car will make similar numbers on a conservative tune, however I am interested to see what this car makes.

To Nera TT-R you have 3 beautiful cars. What a garage you must have!

To Nera TT-R you have 3 beautiful cars. What a garage you must have!

:iamwithstupid: Once you take delivery of all of them I think we need a garage pic!!