DLM TT G vs Viper ACR

intence

The one thing everyone is failing to consider is that yes, the UGR TT ran 9.1@169.... It will run that once..twice.. and than grab your wallet... Thats it.... There is a reason you arent hearing from them....

The Gallardo is good for 1000rwhp... thats about it unless you want to start reengineering the rest of the car...

Talking about running nitrous additionally is laughable.

Nitrous-laughable. You are the king of nitrous lamborghinis. :lol2:

a small 75-100 shot for half a second in first even on a 700rwhp car from a dig would DRASTICALLY improve acceleration.

I am very sure it will be done somewhere in the near future. Which tuner will do it first is anyones guess.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, good thing 1/4 ET isn't my thing. I am more of the 50-160 kinda fella... :icon_mrgreen:

Man, going to be good racing when the Orange G gets back to owner. There is also a SPI 850 997 TT picking on the Orange G.. :shock: Allan, I might need your set up for that one..:lol2:

Ya, good thing 1/4 ET isn't my thing. I am more of the 50-160 kinda fella... :icon_mrgreen:

Man, going to be good racing when the Orange G gets back to owner. There is also a SPI 850 997 TT picking on the Orange G.. :shock: Allan, I might need your set up for that one..:lol2:

9.7 at 147. Sub 5 second 60-130 850awhp.

It is a fast car. Just tell Doug you want to beat it, and he will make it happen. :icon_mrgreen: It will definately be a drivers race though. If it is a Tiptronic car, it will be more difficult for you from a roll as you would have to shift perfectly.

And to answer the ZR1 v.s 08 SRT Viper dilemma, I would put my money on the better driver because its that close. I would say however that the Viper would fare better on the big end.

dynorun.jpg

Thanks, great dyno and power band overlay.

you know im a car enthusiast too, and respect all makes since i know all teams worked hard to produce such products.

but its clear to me , same day the Viper is faster than the ZR1.

and dont bother your self with internet arguing its useless, always leads to nothing and its kids stuff.

and post pictures of your awesome rides.

I agree with Pikemike that a small shot of nitrous at low rpm might help the Gallardo get the turbos spooled up quicker. The car it is a bit tricky to launch, because either you baby it off the line and have to wait until about 3,000 rpm to start building boost, or you drop the clutch with a lot of revs and totally smoke the tires.

A small nitrous shot below 3,000 rpm would get the turbos spooled instantaneously, and then you'd have a Hobbs switch to cut the nitrous off as soon as you are making some positive boost.

I agree with Pikemike that a small shot of nitrous at low rpm might help the Gallardo get the turbos spooled up quicker. The car it is a bit tricky to launch, because either you baby it off the line and have to wait until about 3,000 rpm to start building boost, or you drop the clutch with a lot of revs and totally smoke the tires.

A small nitrous shot below 3,000 rpm would get the turbos spooled instantaneously, and then you'd have a Hobbs switch to cut the nitrous off as soon as you are making some positive boost.

:icon_thumleft:

It doesn't have to be much at all, and it doesn't have to be run for long at all. I am also pretty sure with the MOTEC ECU that the UGR guys are running that they can have it run to when boost hits a certain point in 1st gear, the computer shuts it off. Of course they have a hard time keeping things together as it is with that much power, but it would be cool to see it on any tuner car to see the resulting times.

Nitrous-laughable. You are the king of nitrous lamborghinis. :lol2:

a small 75-100 shot for half a second in first even on a 700rwhp car from a dig would DRASTICALLY improve acceleration.

I am very sure it will be done somewhere in the near future. Which tuner will do it first is anyones guess.

I mean laughable when talking about combining it with a 1300rwhp car... From the beginning we discussed these cars arent meant for the 1/4. It is the king of the roll on. Additionally, the quickest way to kill your car will be launching it, why add nitrous to the mix?

As for the swiss cheese car... from a dead stop they will be very hard to beat.. from a roll I know my G has no worries...

I mean laughable when talking about combining it with a 1300rwhp car... From the beginning we discussed these cars arent meant for the 1/4. It is the king of the roll on. Additionally, the quickest way to kill your car will be launching it, why add nitrous to the mix?

As for the swiss cheese car... from a dead stop they will be very hard to beat.. from a roll I know my G has no worries...

I agree. I am saying that if theorhetically UGR wants an 8 sec car at 173-175, that is an alternate approach they can take since 1/4 mile is important to them.

It will affect clutch wear ANY time you launch an AWD car, but I believe if you launch it at 2500--3000rpms with the juice, it would hurt the car less than doing a 4500 rpm launch in boost, and it should have a quicker response and a quicker time/trap.

I agree. I am saying that if theorhetically UGR wants an 8 sec car at 173-175, that is an alternate approach they can take since 1/4 mile is important to them.

It will affect clutch wear ANY time you launch an AWD car, but I believe if you launch it at 2500--3000rpms with the juice, it would hurt the car less than doing a 4500 rpm launch in boost, and it should have a quicker response and a quicker time/trap.

I believe UGR has other worries other than going faster at this point... :icon_thumleft:

I believe UGR has other worries other than going faster at this point... :icon_thumleft:

worries...........? a shop full of twin turbo Gallardo and Viper builds? It is cool the power of "You Tube" has and the amount of builds that it bringing in from all over the World from running a 9.1 @ 169.

It is also a bit hard to make any extra time with the Speed TV shows taking up our extra time.. :eusa_think:

You been doing ok?

:lol2:

Watch the UGR vid and how the NERA bogs off the line for probably .5 seconds, then gets into boost and its gone. IMO that would be the difference between a 9.1 and an 8.5 on street tires IMO it would also make it at least a 173-175mph car. Again that car is 1350AWHP with more left in it, and their goal is to get a good ET and MPH. The new Heffner kit is 1300rwhp as well. The DLM car the 2nd track day if I had to take a wild guess was somewhere in the 900-1000rwhp range which is about as far as you would want to push it on an E-Gear car with a bolt on kit. 6-speed, you should be able to push a little farther which should be more than the Orange TTG owner will ever need :icon_mrgreen: .

I wonder what the 1200rwhp Ford GT's are running these days. That is one car that left me VERY impressed at the airstrip.

Doug even mentioned putting a very small shot in the TT Murcie to get him off the line. He never did it, but said it was a good idea due to the turbo lag.

No need for Nitrous. I was having to bog it off the line to keep the tires from spinning. We were using NO boost by gear or two step on the 9.1 @ 169.

We have all the boost by gear and launch controls active now :icon_mrgreen: We just need to find some time to make it back out to the track.

I still want to see a 08TT Viper vs. the new Heffner Kitted TTG vs. UGR NERA-R vs. the Orange DLM TTG. 100mph-200mph and 60mph-200mph.

I dont think that a 08 Viper has been TTed yet. Our first one will be completed in about 2 weeks. Cant wait to see how the 08 TT VIPER does!!

No need for Nitrous. I was having to bog it off the line to keep the tires from spinning. We were using NO boost by gear or two step on the 9.1 @ 169.

We have all the boost by gear and launch controls active now :icon_mrgreen: We just need to find some time to make it back out to the track.

I am interested to see how that will work as unless you run 6-8lbs of boost in first gear, and it comes in at 3k rpm, I think you will still bog off the line.

Also for those without MOTEC, nitrous will be a big benefit.

Why hasn't anyone TTed an 08 Viper yet? They have been out for almost 2 years.

I am interested to see how that will work as unless you run 6-8lbs of boost in first gear, and it comes in at 3k rpm, I think you will still bog off the line.

Also for those without MOTEC, nitrous will be a big benefit.

The 9.1 did not bog.. the 9.5 did. Spinning the tires, bogging off the line and a perfect launch are all in a fine line of each other ESP with no launch control via AEM/MOTEC.

Why hasn't anyone TTed an 08 Viper yet? They have been out for almost 2 years.

Not sure but there was a big scare put out that the 08's were not going to be tuned. I have a few waiting for the results on it.

08 viper-TT will make some serious power.... i would just be so worried about traction :unsure:

i had a paxton on a SRT-10 and the car was so hairy...... i cant imagine 300 more hp

The 9.1 did not bog.. the 9.5 did. Spinning the tires, bogging off the line and a perfect launch are all in a fine line of each other ESP with no launch control via AEM/MOTEC.

Not sure but there was a big scare put out that the 08's were not going to be tuned. I have a few waiting for the results on it.

ok it did not bog, but you experienced serious turbo lag. :icon_thumleft:

08 viper-TT will make some serious power.... i would just be so worried about traction :unsure:

i had a paxton on a SRT-10 and the car was so hairy...... i cant imagine 300 more hp

This one will have motec with boost by gear should be interesting.

ok it did not bog, but you experienced serious turbo lag. :icon_thumleft:

Not sure what experience you have with launching TT Gallardos but I can tell you on the 9.1 run I could have applied the throttle a little more that 1/2 way and blew the tires off with no problem.. The only thing lagging on that launch was my foot to keep it at a fine line from spinning or bogging.

So MBN, how does the Zonda compare to the 08 vipers?! That would be a race id like to see...although this post is completely off topic!

Not sure what experience you have with launching TT Gallardos but I can tell you on the 9.1 run I could have applied the throttle a little more that 1/2 way and blew the tires off with no problem.. The only thing lagging on that launch was my foot to keep it at a fine line from spinning or bogging.

I don't need experience launching it. It is evident in your video. What I am talking about it having slight wheelspin and miniscule to no lag in 1st gear would drastically improve your time IMO. Whether that is running boost by gear through the motec and limiting it in first significantly, running better tires, and launching it at 5500rpms or dropping the clutch at 3000rpms with a small shot getting out of turbo lag instantaneously, and having better tires to prevent wheelspin.

The DLM car the 2nd track day if I had to take a wild guess was somewhere in the 900-1000rwhp range which is about as far as you would want to push it on an E-Gear car with a bolt on kit.

What do you mean "bolt on kit" No fabrication or welding or do you mean stock rods and pistons with 0 engine modification?? If so 900-1000hp is truly outstanding with stock rods and pistons!!

The new Heffner kit is 1300rwhp as well.

It is nice to see other Tuners turning these Gallardos up.. Can you link me to where I can check out the dyno sheet on this 1300rwhp Gallardo? I have not been posting much so I'm behind on everyone's latest Dyno results.

What do you mean "bolt on kit" No fabrication or welding or do you mean stock rods and pistons with 0 engine modification?? If so 900-1000hp is truly outstanding with stock rods and pistons!!

It is nice to see other Tuners turning these Gallardos up.. Can you link me to where I can check out the dyno sheet on this 1300rwhp Gallardo? I have not been posting much so I'm behind on everyone's latest Dyno results.

DLM car has stock rods and stock pistons. It is a bolt on TT kit, meaning, engine is 100% stock.

As far as Heffner, I am not sure where the dyno charts are or if there are any, but I know there has been mentionings of those rwhp figures. Look at VegasSE's thread in classifides. He states his car made 1300 whp.

DLM car has stock rods and stock pistons. It is a bolt on TT kit, meaning, engine is 100% stock.

Are you sure? If so that is incredible that the stock engine with those little cast rods and those little cast pistons would hold that power ESP at that compression level!

I was told it was also on pump gas.

So it was making 900-1000 with stock rods and pistons and pump gas?