The Predator Has Arrived!

Iceman

Well, after my mishap in late 2007 with my Lotus, and after waiting 20 months since ordering, my custom Rossion Q1 has finally arrived!!!! And I'm in Love all over again!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with Rossion, to put it in a few words, it's the new, redesigned and newly engineered Noble. The Rossion guys were the importers of the 220 Nobles that came to the U.S. between 2004-2008. When Noble decided to jump ship from his own company, they bought the rights and design, then gave it a complete overhaul, although you can still clearly make it's Noble likeness. I was going to get a Noble back then, but it was a bit too archaic for me, but love the Race car aspect of it. Now, it's all been upgraded and made into a true and unique Hyper-Sports Car.

The specs on the website are derived from old Noble tests, but I can attest to VBox numbers (although I can't post the graph yet) by Rossion's engineer and test driver of the following so far (STOCK):

0-60 3.12 secs

1/4 11.1 (I believe they did 2 runs in 10.9 as well)

0-100 7.9

Lat G's 1.15

HP 455 (although the site says 450)

It weighs in at about 2450 lbs. All this info is unofficial though, but you'll be seeing the first mag test in Road & Track in about 2 months. I can tell you that the drive left the testers VERY impressed. You guys won't believe how well this car rides on the street, and w/o touching it's adjustable suspension, it destroys most anything stock on the track. The fit and finish is 'right on'. I participated in the interior's design. The stitching is designed by yours truly.... does it remind you of anything :icon_super:

I've obtained #17, although I understand they've received over 35 orders since it's first car hit the road in November, and they will only be producing 48 per year for the U.S. They took 2 test cars to Palm Beach Raceway for some testing, where it destroyed a well versed and experienced driver in an Enzo that was running that day.

Some pix, although some with my camera phone.... will get better ones with the Cannon next week.... (the Assymetrical Lemans Stripes and wheels are also of my design, to be offered as options in current models)...

post-4258-1244774518_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774538_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774564_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774590_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774619_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774651_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244774938_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244775777_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1244775794_thumb.jpg

The stats are great. The car looks bland and boring.

Until you drive it my lad..... Anyhow, that's a matter of opinion, further recognized by people's response on the street! :monkeyleft:

I will admit though, it's one of those cars that pix just don't do it justice.

Congrats willy! We have to meet up soon so I can check out the new beast.

Hey Mike,

Good hearing from you!! I'm taking it in today for it's first 500 mile service, so maybe we can meet around lunch next Saturday... Maybe make a gathering out of it... I'll see if the Hummer guys want to meet up as well.

Hey Mike,

Good hearing from you!! I'm taking it in today for it's first 500 mile service, so maybe we can meet around lunch next Saturday... Maybe make a gathering out of it... I'll see if the Hummer guys want to meet up as well.

Sounds good to me. I will see if my friend that you met at the airport with the V-ette will meet up too. He is getting a Cam in it now, dyno tune, as well as some stickier tires put on. Should be good for 550-580 crank hp when its done.

Until you drive it my lad..... Anyhow, that's a matter of opinion, further recognized by people's response on the street! :monkeyleft:

I will admit though, it's one of those cars that pix just don't do it justice.

It might drive very nicely .It just doesn't do anything for me which means nothing anyway as you like it and that is all that matters.Enjoy the car in good health.

very nice willy... Good Luck

Thanks Bill... and BTW, thanks for the hook-up the other day as well :icon_thumleft:

One of the reasons I opted for the Q1, other than it's extreme performance and design, is the fact that it's more of a race car that you can drive on the streets, rather than an exotic that drives like a race car... if you get my drift. I was looking for a car that was already prepped for the track, but still a hot and classy, not to mention unique, exotic sports car I could take my wife out in. The Q1 has a built in roll cage, positioned pedals for easy heal/toe, and the most comfortable CF race seats around. I must say, other than needing a bit more storage space, it's exceeded my expectations as to performance, ride/comfort and appearance. Again, it's a car that really needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate, but it's when you drive it at the more spirited limits, especially on the track, that it truly shines like almost nothing else on 4-wheels. Other than this, I was opting for a SL or Porsche GT3, but I have to say that the Q1's performance and street ride was on another level. It's top speed is gear limited to around 191-194, and it truly books!

I'll post more as I drive it, and once I hit 3500 miles, it will be at the next available track day!

Fully Optioned, around $100-110K, but you can further customize it upon ordering.... and take it from me, you'll be able to take out anything on the street or track (with some driver know-how of course...) that costs 3 times ++ more (stock). Like many of today's high performance exotics, it caters to a specific driver audience, in this case, those who want the experience w/o all the electronic BS. Therefore, you can really appreciate the engineering that goes into it. Totally opposite of cars such as the GT-R, so if you're looking for a Microsoft PC to be piloting your car for you, then this is not for you.

Fully Optioned, around $100-110K, but you can further customize it upon ordering.... and take it from me, you'll be able to take out anything on the street or track (with some driver know-how of course...) that costs 3 times ++ more (stock). Like many of today's high performance exotics, it caters to a specific driver audience, in this case, those who want the experience w/o all the electronic BS. Therefore, you can really appreciate the engineering that goes into it. Totally opposite of cars such as the GT-R, so if you're looking for a Microsoft PC to be piloting your car for you, then this is not for you.

I thought the GT-R was piloted by Sony PlayStation? :icon_mrgreen:

Though orange with black stripes isn't my style, the overall appearance of the car is nice... there's a certain subtle aggressiveness that I find appealing. The performance capabilities and engineering of the Rossion is no doubt impressive. It's refreshing to see a car that is simple and basic, one that relies on physics rather than computers. Since the car is "Sold in the USA without engine or transaxle," how do you go about obtaining and fitting those pieces? What sort of powertrain options exist? Also, since it seems you intend to track the car, why did you skip out on the rear wing? I would think there would be tangible benefits from the additional downforce, particularly in a track setting.

Though orange with black stripes isn't my style, the overall appearance of the car is nice... there's a certain subtle aggressiveness that I find appealing. The performance capabilities and engineering of the Rossion is no doubt impressive. It's refreshing to see a car that is simple and basic, one that relies on physics rather than computers. Since the car is "Sold in the USA without engine or transaxle," how do you go about obtaining and fitting those pieces? What sort of powertrain options exist? Also, since it seems you intend to track the car, why did you skip out on the rear wing? I would think there would be tangible benefits from the additional downforce, particularly in a track setting.

+1 on your comments... hence one of the main reasons I opted for this car. The drivetrain being sold separately is simply due to the car not having such items as ABS, although if they would have kept it at 25 or less (currently at 48 per year), it would have met Fed regs in the same category as the Saleen S7 and SSC Aero. In wanting to keep the same limited # as they did with the importing of the Noble, they opted for this method. It's more of a 'loophole' than anything, as in reality, the only engine for this car is the same as recommended, a light weight Twin Turbocharged V6 producing 450+ HP and a 6 Speed Getrag Gearbox. The car is soon to be sold in other markets around the world (already in Australia and Switzerland), including Europe and Asia, as a full road production vehicle, as-is.

The Rossion Q1 is for drivers looking for a no nonsense purist car, or street legal race car if you will, with the supercar touches inside and out. It's the start of a new American car company, with a twist, as the Q1 is British/American engineered, American owned, and made in South Africa. I look at it as a perfect meld between a Lotus and Lambo G SL, as it has the incredible handling and light weight, while adding the HP performance and upscale exotic design and interior. Driving the car around town will leave you in disbelief that it can perform so well on the track w/o changing the suspension settings. I've yet to really lean into it, as it's in the break-in period, but as I said, I'll keep you posted.

Here's a short vid showing one of the Q1's before being delivered....

the only engine for this car is the same as recommended, a light weight Twin Turbocharged V6 producing 450+ HP

Who's engine do they use? What brand?

The problem with cars like this is that once you buy it.. thats it your stuck it with it forever. no resale whatsoever. I think its cool, not my cup of tea but what matters is that you are happy so congrats! Id love to see some vbox numbers from it!

The base engine is a Ford Duratec Block, as used by Jaguar, then built, tuned, tested and warrantied through a collaboration of AER, Roush and Rossion, with test and build support from American Speed Factory, a third party race engineering company well known through the Ferrari racing teams.

Allan, thanks for the comments. I also felt as you did when I was looking at ordering a Noble back in 2004, so I waited to see how all this panned out. The Nobles originally sold for around $85K. Well, you'd be surprised to know that even in the recession, the lowest retail value a well sorted 2006 M400 attained in 2008 was in the vicinity of $55-60K. Again, this was recession pricing, as before that, they were constantly only at 20% loss of value in the first 2 years with around 5% thereafter. It may seem to have an awkward attainment in some eyes, but I can tell you it's not, and the Rossion guys are the best guys around. You will deal directly with the owners, at least for now, as they already have around 40 sold or ordered within the first year. It will be in R&T in the next two months, along with some other mags, as they are only just getting their "engines started" so to speak.

In the end, these are toys, so as many have said time and time again on this forum alone, including yourself, if you're buying them for their value, don't even bother. However, this is not one of those cars, although it won't get nearly as good say F-Car values, it isn't any worse than any other rare exotic, as long a it's well sorted and got a good history. Believe me, the performance and car you're getting is much more than the value anyhow.

3 more pix I didn't post, you can also see some of the CF intakes...

post-4258-1245003245_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1245003579_thumb.jpg

post-4258-1245003620_thumb.jpg

Nasty little beasty...11.1 is moving. What was the trap speed? Im guessing between 128-132mph...BTW the front end reminds me of one of my favorite Euro boutique cars. TVR Segaris. Around same weight but only 380hp though. Enjoy the new toy man. Would like to see some vids of this vs some supercars hint hint...

tvr_sagaris.jpg

Man, you just posted a pic of one of my fav exotics on the planet! If you can't already tell, I have an affinity for the more rare and unique exotics, or newly tagged "Hypersport" cars, with the superior performance to match, preferably the underdogs (such as Lotus) who have amazing products but are always striving and fighting to bring them out rather than fall prey to $$$ and production. I got the TVR bug when it appeared in "Swordfish", but the Sagarris is a step up, a bit over done, but definitely a cool ass car with some extreme performance as well.... if only it had 'any' kind of reliability to go with it....

As for the Trap Speed, I don't recall asking, but I know it was mentioned in our discussions. Keep in mind that these numbers are unofficial, therefore not posted on any mag test or their website yet. For some reason 134 rings a bell, but not sure on this one. We'll get more official numbers in the next 60 days I'm sure.

BTW, I recalled a question regarding the optional wing for tracking purposes... the Rossion team designed the aero/drag of the body to no need any type of rear wing. The wing you see on some of the vehicles is an option that's more looks than anything else. If anything, it give a very small amount of stability at speeds over 120, but the difference is almost non existent. The wing would have to be at level or over the height of the roof to give some more rear downforce, but then you'd need to readjust the front as well. The car's already perfectly balanced the way it is. The wing does add some "mean" definition though.

134mph is Enzo territory yikes. Nasty little beasty.

I like unusual cars myself. I always looked at the Sagaris as the English Viper. Its in your face and unappologetically brash like the Dodge Viper for good or bad lol. Alot of personality and emotion in its design. Had I the coin Id import one if possible and just swap in a reliable engine like a 2jz or Rb26 or even an M3 inline 6 in place of the Sagaris 4ltr mill.

Two more unusals I have alot of love for:

Weismann GT...Beautiful

Weismann_gt_coupe-16.jpg

wiesmann-gt-mf5.jpg

Ultima GTR....Sick car

Ultima-GTR-640_06.jpg