Finally got to own my on G

BBToro

I recently picked up my 06 Gallardo in Rosso Adromeda, 6 speed, rear cam and Bonnet. Owner said color of car was the only one he knows of for that year. I am also new to the site and have tried searching on how to remove the rear tailights to tint them. I removed the grill underneathe the tails lights and also removed the 2 bolts that I see but the lights dont seem to come off. Are there any other screw/bolts that I haven't taken out or is it just held in by clips? I tried wiggling it pretty hard and it still doesn't come off.

Thx for any info.

IMG_5068.jpg

Welcome to the club.

I believe there are a few more screws that you access from the engine compartment and behind the wheel arch covers.

Why don't you look up fellow owners in your area and get them to point you to a good shop. There are a few in Saratosa and Vegas.

The tail light assembly is held in place by four (4) screws. You found the two "bottom" screws by removing the honeycomb grill under the tail light. The other two are up behind the light assembly. You can reach them from the grill opening, but you will be operating blind and will have to find them by touch. Once these last two screws are removed, the assembly can be easily removed from the car.

bottom_screws.JPG

top_screws.JPG

The upper screws are actually hex head bolts. Here's a shot taken from inside the rear fender looking up at the tail light (and its heat shield). The two bolts you need to remove are marked.

DSCN6730x.JPG

It is MUCH easier to access them by taking the wheel off and removing the fender liner. Trying to reach in there through the honeycomb will be no fun, and trying to put them back in through there will drive you to drink.

It is MUCH easier to access them by taking the wheel off and removing the fender liner. Trying to reach in there through the honeycomb will be no fun, and trying to put them back in through there will drive you to drink.

:iamwithstupid: Congrats on the car!

Congrats, I like the paint! :icon_super:

Also, a big shoutout to Doltmo for his quick response. Doltmo, you are the man, thanks for all of your quick, informative responses to the membership's tech questions! :icon_thumleft:

Why don't you just 3M tint the front headlights, rear tail lights and all four corner lights? That's what I did and it's really simple without taking any parts off.

01_042.JPG

Why don't you just 3M tint the front headlights, rear tail lights and all four corner lights? That's what I did and it's really simple without taking any parts off.

x2

I recommend this way too because it's easy to undo if you decide you don't like it or the neighborhood cops give you a hard time. You can also select from 5 different shades of tint, so more variety

:iamwithstupid: Just dont tint the headlights, it looks horrible.

Rosso Andromeda is pretty rare, though not rare enough that you've got the only 06 in that color. Likely less than ten of them for that year however, so you're not going to see yourself coming and going, even at meets.

bonedoc on the board has a similar car that he's modded with some tinting and other add-ons, search for his posts and take a look. :icon_thumleft:

Generally painting them is better quality and looks a little bit better as well. Both methods have ups and downs.

Paint: Better quality, cant undo them (as far as I know) and the parts have to come off

Tint: Doesnt look as good but less hassle (probably cheaper too)

Congrats on the car man!! Enjoy it in great health!!

congrats on the car!

lambos pull off red even better than ferraris do :D car looks great!

Thanks for all the compliments.

DOLTMO: Thanks for the pictures as it will make the attempt alot easier for me. I shall attempt it tomorrow.

TURBO50MIKE: I will try your suggestion if I fail DOLTMO's. Thanks for the help and hope you find your new vehicle soon. (read in other thread that you sold your car)

POKIE: I am going to 3m tint , but I dont want to risk using the heat gun around the paint when shrinking to fit. Did you tint yours in one piece or two?

congrats, that's a very unique color, I've never seen it in that shade of red before. I'm also on the hunt for a G.

The tail light assembly is held in place by four (4) screws. You found the two "bottom" screws by removing the honeycomb grill under the tail light. The other two are up behind the light assembly. You can reach them from the grill opening, but you will be operating blind and will have to find them by touch. Once these last two screws are removed, the assembly can be easily removed from the car.

bottom_screws.JPG

top_screws.JPG

The upper screws are actually hex head bolts. Here's a shot taken from inside the rear fender looking up at the tail light (and its heat shield). The two bolts you need to remove are marked.

DSCN6730x.JPG

Thx for the photos. I attempted to remove them today and went in blind. Took a camera to take pics to see how it looked like. I have 4 hole openings in a heat shield in that area. I couldn't see the hex screws on the driver side so I went to take pics of the Passenger side and saw that the hex screws that you were talking about were behind the 4 hole openings on the heat shield. The holes and screws dont exactly line up so it would be very differcult to remove them. The holes on the heat shield was actually covering more than half of the hex screws. I dont recall seeing the heatshield on the pics you provided. Did you remove them??