Some of your Thoughts Lambo Vs Boat

Ryan206

I thought id put this out in the air to get some different points of view on a subject me and a few buddies go round and round on.

They own High end boats $150k plus boats. Im on the fence of getting one as well, but i keep getting drawn back towards buying a 05-06 Gallardo.(which initially would be a cheaper purchase)

The question i have is what makes the boat purchase ok? And buying a Gallardo not ok. Im not sure how one could be any worse than the other besides the fact i dont have to drive 30 minutes to the lake to use a car. This is the crap im getting over the purchases so just wanted some owners thoughts.

In the end they have the boats so why do i need one? :)

Thanks Fellas

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. If your definition of "high end" is $150k, then I suggest you purchase the car. You're not going to get far with $150k for a boat.

I thought id put this out in the air to get some different points of view on a subject me and a few buddies go round and round on.

They own High end boats $150k plus boats. Im on the fence of getting one as well, but i keep getting drawn back towards buying a 05-06 Gallardo.(which initially would be a cheaper purchase)

The question i have is what makes the boat purchase ok? And buying a Gallardo not ok. Im not sure how one could be any worse than the other besides the fact i dont have to drive 30 minutes to the lake to use a car. This is the crap im getting over the purchases so just wanted some owners thoughts.

In the end they have the boats so why do i need one? :)

Thanks Fellas

The best 2 days of boat ownership are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

Buy a Lambo, and you wont lose your shirt.

The decision is ultimately yours, but write down the good and the bads of both.

The Gallardo is more usable on a daily level. and the fill ups are cheaper ;)

Best of luck in your decision, keep us updated.

buy the car, attract someone who has a boat, become friends, and have the best of all worlds.

You will have the car

You can go with your buddy on the boat, and let him take care of all the shitty maintenance and costs associated with it.

And, when he wants to dump it because he is tired of the boat, you can buy it fully depreciated.

Welcome. If your definition of "high end" is $150k, then I suggest you purchase the car. You're not going to get far with $150k for a boat.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The best 2 days of boat ownership are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.

I strongly disagree with that statement. If you have the right boat AND CAN AFFORD IT, every day out in it is a good day. Last 4th of july I had 27 people out on my boat, fantastic day, great time and the only thing I could think of was how bad I would hate to have to part with it!

Buy a Lambo, and you wont lose your shirt.

Buy a boat right and you'll be fine, ESPECIALLY NOW!

Quick Responses. I know the boat wont be real high end but on the 29ft sport boat ends a formula fastec are pretty nice.

Im just constantly getting hammered that the purchases arent the same and its ok to buy a boat over a 100 but not a car.

I will pursue the car!

I strongly disagree with that statement. If you have the right boat AND CAN AFFORD IT, every day out in it is a good day. Last 4th of july I had 27 people out on my boat, fantastic day, great time and the only thing I could think of was how bad I would hate to have to part with it!

Another good one I have heard: If it flies, floats, or fucks-RENT IT! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

I took out our boat during Memorial day with 10 people and was miserable due to the large amount of other morons with boats. It is about 1/3 the size of yours though. :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe I would change my mind if I got an invite some time! :thefinger:

Buy a boat right and you'll be fine, ESPECIALLY NOW!

They are still rediculous IMO. The boat market was always a luxury, and for years they got away with exortbitant pricing. I think it is finally coming to a head. IMO for instance a new 30 foot contender with 2 motors should be about $30,000 IMO (About what they charge for a 350 Verado). To charge over $100,000 for them is ridiculous. That is another reason the boat market is going to shit.

I agree, but IMO even if you have the money for it, it can be a pain. If you live in FL, and you love to fish or entertain(I.E.-You are going to take it out once a month or more), or you own a home with a dock, or are willing to pay for marina dockage fees it makes sense. If not rent one, or mooch off your friends. It is much cheaper than owning.

Boats typically hold their value alot better than cars do. But, the operating costs are much higher. I have three boats and love spending time on them, but if I had to choose, between a high end car or a high end boat, I think I would go with the car. Boats require a lot more work to have fun, especially big ones.

I agree, but IMO even if you have the money for it, it can be a pain.

Even if you have the money (not saying I do), it's a major PITA when it takes 1800 gallons to fill up!!

I'd say go with the car

Boat use is something you've got to plan. Who's going? What do we want to bring? etc, etc.

I 'd imagine the car is definitely more convenient and I would imagine cheaper. (Maint., Fuel, dock fee's, etc) Its also much more practical on a day to day basis and you can use it more often. You can drive the thing to go out for dinner, go on a nice late night cruise, to run errands. My guess is you wont be using a boat to stop by the bank, pick up milk at the store, etc, etc. Basically I think you'd enjoy it more.

You already said you had several friends with boats. Why buy a boat JUST like theirs? I personally see no point in it. When its a good day for boating, ask if you can tag along which Im sure is a non-issue.

Even if you have the money (not saying I do), it's a major PITA when it takes 1800 gallons to fill up!!

:shock:

I thought $900 was bad! :lol2:

So what you are saying you need some gas money if I get invited? :eusa_think:

:lol2: :lol2:

:shock:

I thought $900 was bad! :lol2:

So what you are saying you need some gas money if I get invited? :eusa_think:

:lol2: :lol2:

This is the way my wifes freeloading friends get us to take the boat out, "hey lets take the boat out, we'll pay for the fuel and food, etc". When the fuel truck comes to deliver the fuel I'M THE ONLY fcuking ONE THERE! Not to mention when we get back to the dock, its like a race to get off the boat and HAUL ASS! Leaving me to clean up after everyone, wash the boat etc. In that regard it sucks to be a boat owner.

This is the way my wifes freeloading friends get us to take the boat out, "hey lets take the boat out, we'll pay for the fuel and food, etc". When the fuel truck comes to deliver the fuel I'M THE ONLY fcuking ONE THERE!

With 1800 Gallons, that is what a $7,000 fillup? If I come with the wife, I will bring some food too. :lol2:

Not to mention when we get back to the dock, its like a race to get off the boat and HAUL ASS! Leaving me to clean up after everyone, wash the boat etc. In that regard it sucks to be a boat owner.

My fcuking friends always do the same shit to me in the keys. The run inside to take a shower, and I am left scrubbing down the damn boat! It sucks even more when you have mahi and wahoo guts baked into the floor.

With 1800 Gallons, that is what a $7,000 fillup? If I come with the wife, I will bring some food too. :lol2:

What really sucked was about a year and half ago filling up in the panhandle at nearly $5/gallon!!!!!!

What really sucked was about a year and half ago filling up in the panhandle at nearly $5/gallon!!!!!!

IIRC it was upwards of $6 at the dock stations on the water in the keys! :shock: Luckily not 1800 gallons though

www.freedomboatclub.com $400/month and you can choose from a fleet of boats, granted they are far from high end it will get you on the water cheap without the hassle of buying, selling, insuring, storing, etc. One of our vendors is a member and has taken us out fishing, skiing, and cruising over the past 6 weeks and maybe dropped $200 for fuel.

My dad once told me"you keep friends with a boats and trucks around".

This is the way my wifes freeloading friends get us to take the boat out, "hey lets take the boat out, we'll pay for the fuel and food, etc". When the fuel truck comes to deliver the fuel I'M THE ONLY fcuking ONE THERE! Not to mention when we get back to the dock, its like a race to get off the boat and HAUL ASS! Leaving me to clean up after everyone, wash the boat etc. In that regard it sucks to be a boat owner.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

My parents had boats when I was growing up. What you just posted is EXACTLY the reason why my dad sold the last one and never bought another! Friends and relatives were always there for the fun, never for the work or to chip in some $$$.

My dad once told me"you keep friends with a boats and trucks around".

Especially those with big pickups!

I think I would be looking for some real friends that would would be more then happy to help with the clean up.

I have the same issue!!!!!!!

And as for high end for $150K, My center console fishing boat was over $300k.

IMG_4871.jpg

38_350s_2.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

quadfount.jpg

I have the same issue!!!!!!!

And as for high end for $150K, My center console fishing boat was over $300k.

IMG_4871.jpg

38_350s_2.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

quadfount.jpg

Scott,

As always your Fountain is sick. Probably one of the nicest open fisher center console boats in South FL.

Your motors are probably close to $150,000 so that would be a little out of his budget. :icon_mrgreen: