Some of your Thoughts Lambo Vs Boat

Ryan206

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1400hp CC Sportfish, where does she top out at? Do you fish tournaments or just wanted to be the first to get the where the fish are? :)

The best part of having friends with a boat is so you don't have to buy one.

Probably just end up flipping yourself trying to free the anchor anyway. Get a car.

It all depends upon what kind of boating you enjoy. It can be like cars, motor homes and houseboats, luxury cars and offshore, daily drivers and ?.

I think I enjoy sports cars of boating. Not real practical but a lot of fun. 28 ft catamaran with twin 496 HO and 100 mph.

Daytona.jpg

Mike

Scott,

As always your Fountain is sick. Probably one of the nicest open fisher center console boats in South FL.

Your motors are probably close to $150,000 so that would be a little out of his budget. :icon_mrgreen:

Damn that is crazy!! Just curious, what is the point of 1400 hp on a fishing boat? Curious of what top speed is on something like that, very cool.

Damn that is crazy!! Just curious, what is the point of 1400 hp on a fishing boat? Curious of what top speed is on something like that, very cool.

The boat does 85-90 mph. Will go high 70s mph in 4 to 5 foot waves.

:eusa_think:

Food for thought..... A Lambo can only hold one, two women tops. Even a 150k lower end boat will hold at least a half a dozen, plus its way easier to get them naked on the boat, takes less booze too! Go for the boat, helluva bang for your buck! :icon_thumleft:

i have had this debate in my head many times and i always end up with the car (and i live 1 mile from the ocean)

like Larry said keep friends with boats and trucks :)

It all depends upon the boat. Riding in someone else's boat is different than driving your own.

Would you buy a Lamborghini if you could only ride in the passengers seat?

Mike.

This is the way my wifes freeloading friends get us to take the boat out, "hey lets take the boat out, we'll pay for the fuel and food, etc". When the fuel truck comes to deliver the fuel I'M THE ONLY fcuking ONE THERE! Not to mention when we get back to the dock, its like a race to get off the boat and HAUL ASS! Leaving me to clean up after everyone, wash the boat etc. In that regard it sucks to be a boat owner.

:lol2:

The characteristics of a freeloader are universal

It all depends upon what kind of boating you enjoy. It can be like cars, motor homes and houseboats, luxury cars and offshore, daily drivers and ?.

I think I enjoy sports cars of boating. Not real practical but a lot of fun. 28 ft catamaran with twin 496 HO and 100 mph.

Daytona.jpg

Mike

Looks nice, wanna race in 4 foot waves?

I know it's limitations, it is just a lake boat.

I have been in 4 foot waves. Going against the waves it just fly's across the tops. Going with the waves it turns each one into a launch ramp.

Mike

I've gotta go with the car on this one. You'll use it more, its cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and like you said...your friends already have boats.

:eusa_think:

Food for thought..... A Lambo can only hold one, two women tops. Even a 150k lower end boat will hold at least a half a dozen, plus its way easier to get them naked on the boat, takes less booze too! Go for the boat, helluva bang for your buck! :icon_thumleft:

:eusa_think: :eusa_think:

boaterchicks.jpg

:icon_thumleft:

The boat does 85-90 mph. Will go high 70s mph in 4 to 5 foot waves.

I went through the speed boat phase years ago. I had 2200hp carbon cigarettes, built triple engine CC's, quad outboard speedboats as well as triple diesel speedboats. My last series of 40' speedboats with triple 6lp-ste yanmar diesels could cruise at 50 MPH for 35 hours straight without refueling with a top of 73mph. Now our area of specialty is building FAST sportfisherman, specifically 42 mph 40' convertibles or 48 mph 61 footers. Its a whole different ball game running large boats that can run those speeds in 8'+ waves. You should see the look on normal boaters faces when they see an offshore battle wagon blast by them.

Like I said before though, for $150k go for the car. Also remember dealer mark up on Formulas, bajas and fountains is nearly 48% (sea rays as well), keep that in mind if youre looking at NEW boats.