Help needed

Chipster

factory calls agip 10/40 i would not use a synthic blend.

I would only use synthetic only. We come along ways since then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i'm not sure what i'll use when the car is done. I was told by one shop that they use Motul in every Italian they do now. No significant updates yet. Chadbourn is getting to it! The clutch does at least seem good to go, just a bad line which I think i've seen others had problems with in the past.

I do have to make a general comment though and maybe some of you that have had major services done over long periods of time....I really didn't have the car that long before the issue popped up and I dont' remember people asking me about the car that much but ever since it has been down and awaiting repairs, it's the first thing that every single person I know asks me about. I almost want the car fixed just so I dont have to answer that anymore haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the diagnosis is pretty much done. It was definitely the oil pump mainly but things that have to be replaced are oil pump, oil pump front cover, oil pump shaft, clutch hyd. flex line, speedo transducer, bearings, and lower timing chain tensioner. Waiting on some parts from Italy but hopefully i'll have it back soon.

while the engine is out, do everything you can afford to do. You might as well tear the engine apart, replace seals, clean the valves and pistons.

Most of the diagnosis is pretty much done. It was definitely the oil pump mainly but things that have to be replaced are oil pump, oil pump front cover, oil pump shaft, clutch hyd. flex line, speedo transducer, bearings, and lower timing chain tensioner. Waiting on some parts from Italy but hopefully i'll have it back soon.

is the "upper" part of the engine all ok?

• 1 month later...

Car is close to done. While it's being finished up, I was thinking about having the wheels completely done in Matte Black vice what the are now. Here is a before and after rendering of what I'm thinking. Thoughts?

Currrent look

062009psr.jpg

What I'm aiming for

062009psr2.jpg

too black. its nice to have some contrast and know where the tires end from the wheels. COuld be the picture that is throwing the look off. I like black wheels on the car, so I stand on the fence.

too black. its nice to have some contrast and know where the tires end from the wheels. COuld be the picture that is throwing the look off. I like black wheels on the car, so I stand on the fence.

I've always had polished lips. Thinking it might be time for a change. I like how Allan's car turned out by doing all black on his new wheels. I have red calipers and the next thing I plan to do is the big brake kit so I think it will still have some color down there with the calipers.

Go for all black. Polished lip is a bit of a dated look IMO.

Glad you are getting the car back all fixed up :)

I want everything matte black. Center caps, lips, face, nuts, etc. EVERYTHING haha. I can't wait to have this thing back!! Thanks fellas. I think i'm gonna do it. Then the big brake kit will be next and the only other thing i'd like to do is Larini cats and exhaust

Car is close to done. While it's being finished up, I was thinking about having the wheels completely done in Matte Black vice what the are now. Here is a before and after rendering of what I'm thinking. Thoughts?

Currrent look

062009psr.jpg

What I'm aiming for

062009psr2.jpg

All black wheels for SURE. But I would do them in gloss black. Looks cleaner.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Jason and Dave. Didn't even see these posts until just now. Heading there tomorrow and will hopefully be bringing it home. It's all done except the alternator was bad but I should be able to swap that out tomorrow and head home saturday. Praying at least!

Thanks Jason and Dave. Didn't even see these posts until just now. Heading there tomorrow and will hopefully be bringing it home. It's all done except the alternator was bad but I should be able to swap that out tomorrow and head home saturday. Praying at least!

thats good news.

If you need an alternator, see if you can get a hold of a safe higher output model. It will make a difference at night when you have the lights on and the car running. don't even think about the A/C with the lights at night.

So, how long have you had the car without being able to drive it?

Jason,

The AC compressor is completely unplugged haha. I went almost 4 years in the viper with no AC so I dont really use it at all. I looked at doing the 220 Amp through Mechman and I may do that in the future but for now i'm just doing a replacement 115 amp and i'll see how that goes. I've owned the car since July of 09, haven't driven it since October of 09. Almost a year. Hard to believe

Jason,

The AC compressor is completely unplugged haha. I went almost 4 years in the viper with no AC so I dont really use it at all. I looked at doing the 220 Amp through Mechman and I may do that in the future but for now i'm just doing a replacement 115 amp and i'll see how that goes. I've owned the car since July of 09, haven't driven it since October of 09. Almost a year. Hard to believe

that is nothing

i have mine since september 2008 and driven 3 times!

should be ready soon though ;)