New Model: Ferrari F458 stats and pictures

dtrax

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was there and I can tell you that the yellow car looked really good - much better than the photos suggest

I didn't think the black looked that good - not sure why but other people thought the same

only thing I wasn't sure on was the interior which IMO looked crap compared to either my 560 or Scuderia

I would post up my pictures, but these ones are much better http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/4991/ver...458-italia.html

OT btw there was a really funny bit of Luca's speech (which I would love to find on youtube) where he says the 348 is the worst car Ferrari have ever built and that you would have more fun in a Gold GTI

OT btw there was a really funny bit of Luca's speech (which I would love to find on youtube) where he says the 348 is the worst car Ferrari have ever built and that you would have more fun in a Gold GTI

He's used that line for years. And of course Luca didn't join Ferrari until after the 348 was in the pipeline, which is why he appears so honest and forthcoming about it. :eusa_shhh:

Thanks for the event description btw. :icon_thumleft:

Well I gave it the best shot I could, but as the clowns on "Sharktank" say, I'm out. I just can't buy into this look, regardless of the critical acclaim or widespread support it does or does not have.

The front is hideous, and the side profile is strange with that Zonda-esque greenhouse leading into a mish-mash of curves in the rear. I do like the straight-on rear view, but it's not enough. Thumbs down.

14_ferrari_458_live.jpg

14_ferrari_458_live2.jpg

gone downhill after 360 CS imo

Agree. The 360 CS was a recent highpoint amid a sea of relative disastrous designs (mismatched and disjointed Enzo, horrific 612, Origami Japan 599, etc).

I like how its hood comes broken and f-ed up from the factory, talk about a gap...

Seriously what in the hell is going on with the hood around the headlights?

I like how its hood comes broken and f-ed up from the factory, talk about a gap...

Seriously what in the hell is going on with the hood around the headlights?

I believe they are claiming that section is a portion of the car's "active aero" portfolio (changes shape as speed increases).

I like it! :blush:

I think it's a step into the right direction; a lot of styling cues from the P4/5.

Atleast they are not trying to massage a new car out of an existing design ala porshe carrera.

My friend has a deposit on this abortion for over two years now, he placed a deposit on whatever the replacement of his F430 was going to be (the usual Ferrari dealer crap, I will do you a favor to sell you a car).

I am not home now but I will give him hard time in about a month :icon_mrgreen:

Wow ferrari owners are so lucky, there is room for 3 man purses.

No Ferrari owners are lucky because they have great service and their resale doesn't drop like a brick in a pond within 500 miles of buying the car.

No Ferrari owners are lucky because they have great service and their resale doesn't drop like a brick in a pond within 500 miles of buying the car.

so are the Toyota Corolla owners, best car resale I've ever had was on every one of my Corollas and the dealer is always very good to me. :icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid:

Don't tell me you sold your SL to buy this abortion? You must've got financial advice and realized how profitable will it be to park your $ in a new exotic :icon_thumleft:

I am being sarcastic but on a more serious note, who cares about resale values? You sinking X amount into the worst kind of asset/investment possible, a brand new exotic car, yes some depreciate less than others but if that's not the car you want what can you do?

Buying a butt ugly Ferrari because you will loose 30% less than if you stand to loose if you were buying the car that gives you butterflies in your stomach every time you look at it would not be the right move for me.

You guys are crying poor on your resale values, in the states you take home an entry level exotic for around $250k or less some of us around the world have to pay $500k to $700k for the same item, we take double the hit, we pay double to play and double to get out!

It is passion not sound financial investment that rules in this instance, you going to come out a looser($) either way. End of rant :icon_mrgreen:

Slowpoke I will see you in 3 days, get ready we will take your R8 to the ring see what that baby can do :icon_thumleft:

Don't tell me you sold your SL to buy this abortion? You must've got financial advice and realized how profitable will it be to park your $ in a new exotic :icon_thumleft:

I am being sarcastic but on a more serious note, who cares about resale values? You sinking X amount into the worst kind of asset/investment possible, a brand new exotic car, yes some depreciate less than others but if that's not the car you want what can you do?

Buying a butt ugly Ferrari because you will loose 30% less than if you stand to loose if you were buying the car that gives you butterflies in your stomach every time you look at it would not be the right move for me.

You guys are crying poor on your resale values, in the states you take home an entry level exotic for around $250k or less some of us around the world have to pay $500k to $700k for the same item, we take double the hit, we pay double to play and double to get out!

It is passion not sound financial investment that rules in this instance, you going to come out a looser($) either way. End of rant :icon_mrgreen:

Slowpoke I will see you in 3 days, get ready we will take your R8 to the ring see what that baby can do :icon_thumleft:

I will wait and see how the 458 looks and performs IRL before I decide, the McLaren will be a nightmare to own as a Swede, hopefully the 560SL is out by next spring?

About the americans, sure, they pay cheap dollars for their cars and still they wine about resale but they have taken quite a hard hit the last year with their economy and it shows when you look at their prices..

The R8 is always ready for a trackday, it is the best all around car I have ever owned, just a bit gay :fgay: :lol2:

I will wait and see how the 458 looks and performs IRL before I decide, the McLaren will be a nightmare to own as a Swede, hopefully the 560SL is out by next spring?

About the americans, sure, they pay cheap dollars for their cars and still they wine about resale but they have taken quite a hard hit the last year with their economy and it shows when you look at their prices..

The R8 is always ready for a trackday, it is the best all around car I have ever owned, just a bit gay :fgay: :lol2:

I guess we will see it in Frankfurt, I will be there on the 26th how will I recognize you?? PM me please if you coming.