New Model: Ferrari F458 stats and pictures

dtrax

Of the 5 Ferraris I've had, I have not lost a dime on 3 of them. Of the 3 Lamborghinis I've had, I have lost my shirt shoes and ass. And yes, I don't care how much money you have, losing is losing. I can expect to lose some money in depreciation but not the amount current lamborghinis are. You can buy a 1000 mile 560 for 180K. Why the hell would anyone buy a new one for 250K? And wait till we see these SV's in 12-18 months. That 500K is going to be 250K.

Looks are a personal thing. I like the 458. But what really sells me, is that technology and driving experience should be nuts. Now I might change my mind after driving one, but my money is on that it will.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of the 5 Ferraris I've had, I have not lost a dime on 3 of them. Of the 3 Lamborghinis I've had, I have lost my shirt shoes and ass. And yes, I don't care how much money you have, losing is losing. I can expect to lose some money in depreciation but not the amount current lamborghinis are. You can buy a 1000 mile 560 for 180K. Why the hell would anyone buy a new one for 250K? And wait till we see these SV's in 12-18 months. That 500K is going to be 250K.

Looks are a personal thing. I like the 458. But what really sells me, is that technology and driving experience should be nuts. Now I might change my mind after driving one, but my money is on that it will.

Im guessing your F40 was one you didnt lose a dime on, but what were the other two? And which two did you lose money on, because assuming you had them before the drop a year ago, I can see how you didnt lose much.

That hood - it looks like someone tried to pry it open from around the headlights and left it bent up on both sides. Side and back I like - but the front? What were they thinking? I think the 360/430 nose is better than this.

Kevin,

I made money on my F40 and 512M and CS, broke even on my 360 and lost on my 512 TR.

That makes sense, the F512M's are still holding their prices great as well as the CS's. You love the testarossas dont you?!

He's used that line for years. And of course Luca didn't join Ferrari until after the 348 was in the pipeline, which is why he appears so honest and forthcoming about it. :eusa_shhh:

Thanks for the event description btw. :icon_thumleft:

Here's a Luca video talking about the 348 translated:

"In 1991 he bought himself a yellow 348. One day he finds himself at a red light and a black GTI pulls up to him and beats him to the next light. Guy rolls down his window and in a Roman accent says "Monteze' this goes better than that". He goes back to the office without telling anyone what just happened and requests specs on the 348. This engineer by the name of Lombardi says to him "I'm the Ron Dennis of Ferrari". He goes on to say the 348 has the best in class acceleration. Montezemolo sits quietly through the presentation. He then says "Boys...unfortunately I'm a client of this shitty car. It makes too much noise and barely moves". He then invited Niki Lauda to try this car (348) and he completely agreed with him."

Fortis, Slowpoke>>So what did you guys think...IMHO it looks like ass in the pics and it looks like ASS in person :gay:

Fortis, Slowpoke>>So what did you guys think...IMHO it looks like ass in the pics and it looks like ASS in person :gay:

It looks horrible that's all I can say, it might drive nice and hold its value but not for me sorry, like I said if I want something that holds value I will get myself a Corolla.

The front of the F car is completely screwed up, I have no idea what they were thinking honestly, I am sure they will have no problems selling it and that's all that matters from Ferraris point of view so god luck to them and to whomever will be picking up that "thing" :gay:

Slowpoke was no show!

It looks like an electric car, and that front/side shot makes the cabin look way to big/tall compared to the rest of the car.

Base price has been leaked at $240k, without options. With a few options the car will hit $265k+ pretty fast, which is uncharted territory for the entry-level F-car for sure.

And of course that's only if you have an in with your particular F-car dealer, meaning you've been gouged previously and are now "allowed" to pay just MSRP. If you're a first-timer, you won't even SNIFF this car under $350k for the first 24 months.

Just looks like a smoothed over 360 to me. And the weird headlight/eyelash thing

has already been overdone by BMW and it looked gay on their cars too.

This my opinion, and I have liked many previous Fcars, I'm not just a Lambo fan.

+1 for Ferrari, looks great.

I hate to say it but as far as the outer shell is concerned it puts a beat down on the Gallardos styling. I'm sure others will give me heat for this but it is what it is.

I hate to say it but as far as the outer shell is concerned it puts a beat down on the Gallardos styling. I'm sure others will give me heat for this but it is what it is.

"+1"? Are you 12? :icon_mrgreen:

What it "is", is your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less, just like the rest of ours. :icon_thumleft:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You are insane! That is the most cobbled together design to ever come out of Modena (I am still trying to pretend that the California never happened). Lotus Evora nose, Enzo-ish rear, POS wheels, etc. There is very little original thought in this design. Take a close look at the profile photo and it almost looks like three cars spliced together. There is too much going on with the door and rocker flares. The steering wheel/dash pod reminds me of an early NSX. I am sure the additional exhaust pipe in functional, but that does not mean it looks good.

There is no doubt it will perform as you would expect a Ferrari to perform, but I have to question the direction that Ferrari/Pininfarina have followed in the past several years. I never found the Enzo to be a very attractive car and Ken Okuyama at Pininfarina carried that awkwardness into every Ferrari since. I am interested to see what changes in the next series of Ferrari models now that Okuyama is no longer at Pinifarina. They need some new blood, but someone with an appreciation of the magic that was the Ferrari body styles of the 1960's.

This is simply my opinion and I am sure that somone could argue the opposite with as much passion.

JJB

• 2 weeks later...

Like Mako and JJB said, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Mine is that Ferrari, aside from the windtunnel-designed Enzo, haven't made a seriously stunning road car since the 275 went out of production. They play things very conservatively and come off as either sterile and Germanic or (in recent times) awkward and Japanese - you don't look at one and think "that's a hot-blooded Italian". It's ironic that Lamborghini is the brand still producing unmistakably Italian cars given that the current crop were styled by a Belgian and co-engineered by Germans.

As for the 458, it looked like a fantastic drive in the new video, but I have to think that it may become rather irrelevant once the McLaren MP4-12C arrives. On paper the Macca looks better in almost every way (the exception being dealer distribution) - it looks like it will even be cheaper - and I much prefer the styling. It's almost as conservative as the '90s Ferraris, but that's a philosophy which produces far nicer results than the scrappy manga thing the 458 has going on. In my opinion.