[VID]: Runway Titans WOT @ Mojave Airport -> Preview

ELIM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what that bone ass stock 430 Spyder did to the Superleggera!

!!

That was strange, huh???

There was a lady driving the CGT and the owner of the Scuderia was also a female. That was cool. One of the camera views was inside the CGT while she was shifting. Althought she doesn't shift in .1-.2 secs, she seemed to know what she was doing so it seemed like the win over the CGT by the LP640 was fair and square.

But, I can't say the same with the ZR1. He missed a gear while racing the LP640 and this was documented in the video. I will have to watch the video again to see where in the race he missed the gear. I don't recall.

Scuderia would get wasted by an LP560. :icon_mrgreen:

I agree it looks like the ZR1 missed a shift, in the video he said it was 4th to 5th gear, if you look at the total race right from the top of first I passed and pulled away and was a few cars ahead way before the shift into 5th gear after 5th it just left to big a gap. I still would have won by a nice margin but not by that much there is no way he could have caught me in 5 and 6 gear but it would not have been as big a lead.One thing I noticed in the video was that you can't tell were the finish line is and if the lead car stays in it and the second car backs off it looks like one car has a bigger lead tan their is and if the front car backs off and the second car stays in it it looks like it caught up at the end. Tough camera view, their is other footage I have seen from a side view and it clearly shows in both races I started 1 car back but from an angle it is hard to tell on the video. It was not used in the video I will find out if it can be seen it shows a side view of both races. It is not my footage. SCSZ whats the deal with the footage you took.

Exactly. The car really gets into its stride over 100. There were a few 6.2 Murcies on a couple of Bullruns I did and i was constantly amazed at how fast they were once they hit 120ish. Great car.

Kisco, don't be so sure on the 560 against the Scuderia. I think its faster but its not goiong to be a complete beating. Look what that bone ass stock 430 Spyder did to the Superleggera!

And please.... don't mention the SLR!!!!! We all know it would be at the end of the runway before any of those cars ever crossed the starting line!!

I was supprized by both the Scuderia and the Superleggera I thought they both should have done better. The one factor in comparing races is the cars always started each race at different speeds, some people preferred to pass the starting line at 40 mph some 30 mph and others 50 mph that is why if you compare the same car in different runs it seems strange. I noticed in the video my bat wings were open at the start and were very slow to close against my acceleration, I was way down track before they closed. I think that took out a few MPH in top speed, but I went faster than I expected anyway, and we were between 5000 and 6000 ft density altitude and the LP640 is naturally aspirated, the whole event proved things are always different than some believe them to be.. The SLR that was there was so fast you couldn't even see it in the video, could you imagine if it had slicks it could have passed the finish line before it arrived.

Nice.. sounds like a whole video filled with people who cant drive...

A 430 Spider beating a Superg? LOL

An Lp640 beating a woman driving CGT? LOL

A Zr1- Missing gears......

NICE!

NICE!

Forget about who beat who or who was matched up against which car, the purpose was top speed in 5000 ft there were 20 different exotic cars running that day the LP640 had been the fastest except maybe the SLR that was so fast you couldn't even time it, must have had slicks. According to you as usual if a race doesn't go the way you like there is always something wrong. Maybe it was the air that day your favorite cars had a hard time breathing. As I said on this forum before every race is different at different times and days and this day didn't go your way. And as far as drivers, where not talking about a road race that takes skill this is just flooring it from a roll your type off race no need to even know how to launch it and go strait down the track and pull on the paddles or shifter. Even if the ZR1 missed 4th to 5th gear by that time I was way ahead and I pulled on the CGT the whole race, you just have to bite the bullet and admit things didn't go your way this time. It tough to come up with excuses for 20 races.

NICE!

Did everyone drive their cars perfectly down the runway on every pass? NO

Did the Vast majority of drivers make clean passes on most, if not all of their runs? Yes!

Since you basicaly own and rule this site, you can do or say what you please, and try to get others to believe what you say is true...

Forget about who beat who or who was matched up against which car, the purpose was top speed in 5000 ft there were 20 different exotic cars running that day the LP640 had been the fastest except maybe the SLR that was so fast you couldn't even time it, must have had slicks. According to you as usual if a race doesn't go the way you like there is always something wrong. Maybe it was the air that day your favorite cars had a hard time breathing. As I said on this forum before every race is different at different times and days and this day didn't go your way. And as far as drivers, where not talking about a road race that takes skill this is just flooring it from a roll your type off race no need to even know how to launch it and go strait down the track and pull on the paddles or shifter. Even if the ZR1 missed 4th to 5th gear by that time I was way ahead and I pulled on the CGT the whole race, you just have to bite the bullet and admit things didn't go your way this time. It tough to come up with excuses for 20 races.

Hey Lane,

You did GREAT out there!!!

I agree with most of what you say, although we were ALSO looking at acceleration between cars as well, and how fast one could get up to their top speed that day.

That SLR was so fast, I didn't even see it go by...

Again... you beat the drivers.. not the car....

So when is the next event...my car is back... And ill bring the bentley...

Again... you beat the drivers.. not the car....

So when is the next event...my car is back... And ill bring the bentley...

I'm glad to see you are willing to take you cars out for some fun next time, maybe you are willing to see reality vs opinion. So are you saying that a better driver in a race from a roll can floor it and go in a straight line and pull on paddles or gear lever so much better as to make up many car lengths, no it will not happen, every race is a combination of the car and driver and at this event it was 95 percent car and 5 percent driver . At least you could have been a sport and said it was my great driving that helped and not that every other driver couldent drive. Come on lighten up we all had a good time and are glad you will start coming out to flex your muscles not you mouth. LOL

Hey Lane,

You did GREAT out there!!!

I agree with most of what you say, although we were ALSO looking at acceleration between cars as well, and how fast one could get up to their top speed that day.

That SLR was so fast, I didn't even see it go by...

Yes acceleration for me as a life long drag racer is the most important, speed means little in a drag race except it shows power. I was just trying to point out to Allen that even if every other driver was no good the LP640 did well. As a racer with over 45 years of experience or a blind and deaf man I could tell that you POS could out accelerate anything there, it was not geared for the length. Next time put in a 3.08-3.23 or have a 1/2 mile race. I would like to run you from 180 up but not from 30 to 180 unless I can run my old POS. Many people don't know we battled rain and 40 mile an hour wind gusts, next time please order better weather.

So are you saying that a better driver in a race from a roll can floor it and go in a straight line and pull on paddles or gear lever so much better as to make up many car lengths, no it will not happen, every race is a combination of the car and driver and at this event it was 95 percent car and 5 percent driver . At least you could have been a sport and said it was my great driving that helped and not that every other driver couldent drive. Come on lighten up we all had a good time and are glad you will start coming out to flex your muscles not you mouth. LOL

Yes, Im saying that.....

Yes, Im saying that.....

So the fact that the LP640 had the best top speed at the finish line doesn't count. And you think that if you were driving all the other cars their top speed at the finish line would have been 5-15 miles an hour faster. And 3-5 car lengths better. If you really believe that you are either the must stubborn person in the world or just the biggest LP640 hater. If real racers that took place don't count and only bench racing counts I am sorry my old 1990 POS ZR1 just destroyed your newly redone GTT it was a classic walking I ran 8.56 and it was without any power adder and you ran a lot slower please post your best 1/4 mile time so I can be sure by how much my car beat yours, I left you so fast I didn't notice if it was you driving or your 92 year old grandmother. If it was then you have an excuse. All that makes as much sense as you always canceling out any race you don't like. O and I built the car and engine myself in my garage and ran it every weekend and it never blew up, I mention that so if you decide to turn up your boost or add a second engine and come back with a better time I will say it was a one time thing and you could not do it again without blowing up. We can go on for ever you will never admit the LP640 did better than you thought, I admitted it did better than I thought by far. :eusa_wall: LOL

So the fact that the LP640 had the best top speed at the finish line doesn't count. And you think that if you were driving all the other cars their top speed at the finish line would have been 5-15 miles an hour faster. And 3-5 car lengths better. If you really believe that you are either the must stubborn person in the world or just the biggest LP640 hater. If real racers that took place don't count and only bench racing counts I am sorry my old 1990 POS ZR1 just destroyed your newly redone GTT it was a classic walking I ran 8.56 and it was without any power adder and you ran a lot slower please post your best 1/4 mile time so I can be sure by how much my car beat yours, I left you so fast I didn't notice if it was you driving or your 92 year old grandmother. If it was then you have an excuse. All that makes as much sense as you always canceling out any race you don't like. O and I built the car and engine myself in my garage and ran it every weekend and it never blew up, I mention that so if you decide to turn up your boost or add a second engine and come back with a better time I will say it was a one time thing and you could not do it again without blowing up. We can go on for ever you will never admit the LP640 did better than you thought, I admitted it did better than I thought by far. :eusa_wall: LOL

If your car ran an 8.56... GUESS WHAT>>>>> IT WOULD BLOW AWAY MY GTT.... One is built for drag racing... the other is not....

And secondly... as I said... Im not a Lp640 HATER... im just realistic.... But dont take my word for it....

Turboalex.... BOTH Lp640 AND CGT owner..... CGT -FASTER

Accichelli.. Not only Lp640 but also SLR owner... NOT only did he record the fastest times EVER recorded for the Lp640, he destroyed those times with his STOCK SLR .. 60-130 was .6 faster in the SLR. SLR is a dead heat with a CGT, and should pull the CGT over 180mph...

As for your race outing.. Lets not forget we were signed up to go, but when the event was rescheduled in the last minute we were forced to cancel.

As i said before... Im certainly game to send you the vbox.... If you can beat a 7.3 60-130 in your Lp... the you will beat the recorded CGt time.. And prove me wrong... :icon_thumleft:

If your car ran an 8.56... GUESS WHAT>>>>> IT WOULD BLOW AWAY MY GTT.... One is built for drag racing... the other is not....

And secondly... as I said... Im not a Lp640 HATER... im just realistic.... But dont take my word for it....

Turboalex.... BOTH Lp640 AND CGT owner..... CGT -FASTER

Accichelli.. Not only Lp640 but also SLR owner... NOT only did he record the fastest times EVER recorded for the Lp640, he destroyed those times with his STOCK SLR .. 60-130 was .6 faster in the SLR. SLR is a dead heat with a CGT, and should pull the CGT over 180mph...

As for your race outing.. Lets not forget we were signed up to go, but when the event was rescheduled in the last minute we were forced to cancel.

As i said before... Im certainly game to send you the vbox.... If you can beat a 7.3 60-130 in your Lp... the you will beat the recorded CGt time.. And prove me wrong... :icon_thumleft:

I only know about how my car ran at that race it did do better than I thought but it also won 2 races against 2 cars that you said I never had a chance against, maybe against different cars on different days their would have been a different outcome I don't know but I did go and try to represent our mark and our forum and I think my car did its job. As far as the Vbox it will not change anything I still won those races, if I run the Vbox that doesn't mean I won or lost anything, I will show up at any other safe race and rerun any of the same type cars anytime. I to was surprised by the LP640 but the outcome was their that can't be changed. I did win against 2 of the 3 cars that you said I could NEVER beat. I don't mind trying the Vbox but the race I did was 30-187 not 60-130 I don't have a clue what numbers it would run. And I never said I could beat any of those cars , you said I couldn't and I enjoyed proving you wrong. The next one could be different .All the races at the event were a surprise But I can back up what I did on the runway shoot, I don't know were I could test that again without another airport run. I am hoping someone does it soon. I think their will be a great tun out and some good matches. As you know I will not shy away from any race as long as it is realistic and in a safe place. What do you think the outcome could be of my DB9 against your Bentley that could be a good boring race.

Fastlane,

It looks to me like you beat all the cars that you did fair and sqaure. This comes off as strange to me since on paper, a ZR1 and CGT should beat your car, but then again, I have heard about a lot of things that did indeed happen that didn't make much sense.

Your LP did very well. Good job on beating some very respectable cars.

Fastlane,

It looks to me like you beat all the cars that you did fair and sqaure. This comes off as strange to me since on paper, a ZR1 and CGT should beat your car, but then again, I have heard about a lot of things that did indeed happen that didn't make much sense.

Your LP did very well. Good job on beating some very respectable cars.

Thanks. I feel the same way on paper both cars should have won, maybe the LP640 is under rated and the others are over rated, I think the 30 -190 race is in my favor. There is also one thing that I do that other LP640 owners don't, that is read the manual, if they do they might find something that can give them an advantage that other LP640 owners don't utilize. This format seemed to fit the LP640 like a glove. Now if I can get all the Vbox people to change their standard from 60-130 to 30-190 I think I could be a better bench racer.

Thanks. I feel the same way on paper both cars should have won, maybe the LP640 is under rated and the others are over rated, I think the 30 -190 race is in my favor. There is also one thing that I do that other LP640 owners don't, that is read the manual, if they do they might find something that can give them an advantage that other LP640 owners don't utilize. This format seemed to fit the LP640 like a glove. Now if I can get all the Vbox people to change their standard from 60-130 to 30-190 I think I could be a better bench racer.

Actually, 30mph is a perfect mph for running the Lp. Its locked and loaded and ready to go. perfect rpms, and a long first gear,zero traction problems wheres as the others ,CGT for example in 1st gear will have no traction, you need to really know how to drive the CGT or else you will just blow the tires off, start in 2nd and you are out of its powerband... The lp has the traction to easily put its power down, while the others dont...

So basicly, taking everyone out of the equation but yourself. Had you raced your twin brother, in the CGT with equal skill , he would of beaten you.... :icon_thumleft:

Actually, 30mph is a perfect mph for running the Lp. Its locked and loaded and ready to go. perfect rpms, and a long first gear,zero traction problems wheres as the others ,CGT for example in 1st gear will have no traction, you need to really know how to drive the CGT or else you will just blow the tires off, start in 2nd and you are out of its powerband... The lp has the traction to easily put its power down, while the others dont...

So basicly, taking everyone out of the equation but yourself. Had you raced your twin brother, in the CGT with equal skill , he would of beaten you.... :icon_thumleft:

I agree 30 is a good start for the LP640 it does have a strong pull to about 64mph it seemed to shoot out in first and hold its own in second but from third up it gained on the CGT all the way down track. It is also to my advantage to run to 190 or 200 rather then 130 The LP640 is easy to drive you just have to be careful of the shifts the redline comes up fast and you must anticipate the redline or you are on the limiter fast..The driver of the CGT was a good driver I didn't see anything she did wrong, maybe she could have been a faster shifter but that would not have mattered, could have been just out of tune or a week car but she is a car guy and takes care of all her toys. I just think my car might be faster then most. I also don't give away 30-40 HP like the other LP640 owners, that is a little looked at secret that I have. Reading your comments about the CGT about traction problems power band problems hard to drive means that it has a good power to weight ratio and COULD be fast but only under perfect conditions, it reminds me of dozens of cars I raced that were monsters that should have beat me but could only get down the track right 1 out of 5 times. Thats why the Vbox doesn't do it for me, if you take it and keep trying after 5 or 10 runs you can get some good numbers but if racing you could lose the first 3 or 4 also everyone tests under different conditions. I have some great footage of the side view of both races I would love to show you, you might have a different view of the outcome we should meet for lunch I can't send it.

Allan,

Just give the man his props. I saw the video, I saw the driver in the CGT shift, and she would have shifted as good as 90% of the guys on this forum. Yes, the results are surprising. Yes, the CGT on paper is the faster car, but on that day, on that run, the LP won.

You have had some races yourself where on paper, you should have lost, but you didn't. It's just the way racing goes.

JMO

LP640, CGT whatever it may be, they are both beautiful exotics in their own ways, drive them, enjoy them, love them, life is short.

LP640, CGT whatever it may be, they are both beautiful exotics in their own ways, drive them, enjoy them, love them, life is short.

Good point, I can find something in all cars that I like and really have no brand I am stuck to I have had all kinds of cars and enjoyed them all.

I agree 30 is a good start for the LP640 it does have a strong pull to about 64mph it seemed to shoot out in first and hold its own in second but from third up it gained on the CGT all the way down track. It is also to my advantage to run to 190 or 200 rather then 130 The LP640 is easy to drive you just have to be careful of the shifts the redline comes up fast and you must anticipate the redline or you are on the limiter fast..The driver of the CGT was a good driver I didn't see anything she did wrong, maybe she could have been a faster shifter but that would not have mattered, could have been just out of tune or a week car but she is a car guy and takes care of all her toys. I just think my car might be faster then most. I also don't give away 30-40 HP like the other LP640 owners, that is a little looked at secret that I have. Reading your comments about the CGT about traction problems power band problems hard to drive means that it has a good power to weight ratio and COULD be fast but only under perfect conditions, it reminds me of dozens of cars I raced that were monsters that should have beat me but could only get down the track right 1 out of 5 times. Thats why the Vbox doesn't do it for me, if you take it and keep trying after 5 or 10 runs you can get some good numbers but if racing you could lose the first 3 or 4 also everyone tests under different conditions. I have some great footage of the side view of both races I would love to show you, you might have a different view of the outcome we should meet for lunch I can't send it.

The CGT doesnt need to be driven under perfect conditions... it just needs a driver who will drive it as hard as you do the Lp. As for a woman driver... my wife drives not only all my cars, but hers, and drives the piss out of them... Line us both up and Ill blow her doors off... :icon_thumleft:

All this crap about which car is faster on paper is just that, a bunch of crap. You go out to race to see who wins the damn race. Fastlane get his due. He went out and kicked their ass. I'm tired of hearing all the "my car is faster on the dyno sheet" shit. I have driven over 15,000 miles of rally driving all across the country. Highways, tracks etc. That experience has shown me that you don't know shit until your on the road and out there. It has also shown me that the various factors such as weather etc have major effects as well.

I watched the video again last night. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to floor the throttle in a straight line. The results are valid. And all cars are not equal. Your 640 might be better than some ones else depending on maintenance, tuning, etc. But on that day, on that track you won fare and square.

And the only thing this proves is a car is fast on a runway. Which to be honest, who cares. You are never going to get these conditions on normal driving roads. So it would be a lot more fun and engaging to actually plan and do real drives. Everyone would find out much more about the cars and how they stack up.