[VID]: Runway Titans WOT @ Mojave Airport -> Preview

ELIM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey JBSBLOWNC5, where is my DVD? :tyson: :icon_mrgreen:

I just picked up a few boxes of them on Friday, and they will start to ship out on Monday. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks again for your order!!!

The Runway titans DVD is out and shipped, mine was in my mailbox today. I think Lambo Power can be proud of the Lambo performance at this event.

When you watch the DVD be sure to checkout all the top speeds on the list at the end of the video.

I hope I get mine soon. Probably a few days until it gets to MI.

Yes I am sure it will show up soon mine came from LA and went to LA in only 1 day a record for the PO to go across town.

Yes I am sure it will show up soon mine came from LA and went to LA in only 1 day a record for the PO to go across town.

Glad you got your DVD, your 640 did very well!

Couple of quick thoughts on the video.

jbsblownc5, paint your car. It might be fast but it is ugly. Thanks for the work you did on the vid!

Fastlane, get a haircut. You kicked ass! 640 is a tough car to beat with most anything besides stupid hp cars after 130.

There are lots of discrepancies to top speeds at the end of the runway from one race to the next. But what it does show is that when you have 500+hp cars, it takes a whole lot more power to really pull away.

The Supra Santa Claus might be my favorite part. Maybe he can get Reindeer next time instead of a parachute!

jbsblownc5, paint your car. It might be fast but it is ugly. Thanks for the work you did on the vid!

Fastlane, get a haircut. You kicked ass! 640 is a tough car to beat with most anything besides stupid hp cars after 130.

There are lots of discrepancies to top speeds at the end of the runway from one race to the next. But what it does show is that when you have 500+hp cars, it takes a whole lot more power to really pull away.

The Supra Santa Claus might be my favorite part. Maybe he can get Reindeer next time instead of a parachute!

You are right about the haircut it was badly needed my excuse is I had very major surgery and I was home for 3 months at that time it was one of my first days out. I think the weight of my hair slowed me down. The reason the speed numbers varied was that you could start at 30-40 50 it depended on the car on the left I wanted to start at 30 to better use my first gear, but I wound up starting behind the lead car and had a slower top speed on one run so I changed to 40. that 10-20 mph start difference made everyone top speed vary. There was another run I did that didn't show up on the DVD. I was also able to verify my times with my built in GPS. Once you get the LP640 RPMs up in first it pulls hard in every gear, it is hard to catch if it passes you. I gather you got your DVD.

Can I post some results if asked.

While I can't control what anyone says, the DVD is only 11.95, with free shipping for a few days more. I would think if people are that interested in the results, they might spring for their own copy...

Thanks again for coming out Lane!

Thanks for checking out the DVD!!! I'm glad it sounds like you enjoyed it for the most part. While the paint may not agree with some, I'm good with it for now.

Thanks for getting a copy, and your comments!!! :icon_thumleft:

Fastlane brought his copy of the video over to my house today. Awesome and worth the price. Let's just say that the LP 640 is very hard to beat. Next time (if there is one) I will bring my LP 560 and see what it will do.

fastlane, ever thought of putting your LP on the dyno?

for those who have the DVD, did the LP640 win its races fair and square? or were the CGT and ZR1 drivers blind and deaf?

fastlane, ever thought of putting your LP on the dyno?

for those who have the DVD, did the LP640 win its races fair and square? or were the CGT and ZR1 drivers blind and deaf?

Well that is a good question but if you look at both races the LP640 pulls on both cars from the top of first gear all the way down the track, and walks away at the high end. If the drivers had missed shifts or just had bad driving their would have been a sudden jump not a constant gain. The other thing I noticed is both of those cars ran many other cars and ran the same basic times so they would have had to screw up every race about 8 different ones. Also if you look at the end of the video there is a list of the top speeds of every car there that raced that day and the LP640 had the highest top speed of every car, so even if I raced against every car there and the winner was the car with the best top speed in 5000 ft distance, the LP640 would come out on top. If the race was the first car to the finish line then drivers come in to account a lot more. I was very surprised at how well it did, it is a new car to me and it was the first time I had it out and didn't know what to expect that is why I looked at all the different possibilities and it looks like the car is stronger then people think. I do know that when people run the LP640 they all make 1 major performance mistake that I don't. My car is pure stock no Mods. I would put it on a dyno but to me it is a waste of time unless I was going to compare changes I made. It did seem that when it got going the extra weight the LP640 carries doesn't hurt it and the power and torque take over.

Guest skokos
Fastlane brought his copy of the video over to my house today. Awesome and worth the price. Let's just say that the LP 640 is very hard to beat. Next time (if there is one) I will bring my LP 560 and see what it will do.

Is that your rosso vik LP560 in your avatar? If so I would love to see more pictures

Is that your rosso vik LP560 in your avatar? If so I would love to see more pictures

Yes it is his and their are pictures of it on here from last year at Monterey that ELIM posted, if you can't find them here they are on ELIMS site SPEED + MOTION look under LP640 and LP560 It is a great looking car with a wild interior.

Well that is a good question but if you look at both races the LP640 pulls on both cars from the top of first gear all the way down the track, and walks away at the high end. If the drivers had missed shifts or just had bad driving their would have been a sudden jump not a constant gain. The other thing I noticed is both of those cars ran many other cars and ran the same basic times so they would have had to screw up every race about 8 different ones. Also if you look at the end of the video there is a list of the top speeds of every car there that raced that day and the LP640 had the highest top speed of every car, so even if I raced against every car there and the winner was the car with the best top speed in 5000 ft distance, the LP640 would come out on top. If the race was the first car to the finish line then drivers come in to account a lot more. I was very surprised at how well it did, it is a new car to me and it was the first time I had it out and didn't know what to expect that is why I looked at all the different possibilities and it looks like the car is stronger then people think. I do know that when people run the LP640 they all make 1 major performance mistake that I don't. My car is pure stock no Mods. I would put it on a dyno but to me it is a waste of time unless I was going to compare changes I made. It did seem that when it got going the extra weight the LP640 carries doesn't hurt it and the power and torque take over.

This is like the music for my ears!! Murcielago LP640!!!!!

It's a faster car than many here give it credit for. It's proven itself time and time again in actual real-world races.

There was a lady driving the CGT and the owner of the Scuderia was also a female. That was cool. One of the camera views was inside the CGT while she was shifting. Althought she doesn't shift in .1-.2 secs, she seemed to know what she was doing so it seemed like the win over the CGT by the LP640 was fair and square.

But, I can't say the same with the ZR1. He missed a gear while racing the LP640 and this was documented in the video. I will have to watch the video again to see where in the race he missed the gear. I don't recall.

Scuderia would get wasted by an LP560. :icon_mrgreen:

It's a faster car than many here give it credit for. It's proven itself time and time again in actual real-world races.

Exactly. The car really gets into its stride over 100. There were a few 6.2 Murcies on a couple of Bullruns I did and i was constantly amazed at how fast they were once they hit 120ish. Great car.

Kisco, don't be so sure on the 560 against the Scuderia. I think its faster but its not goiong to be a complete beating. Look what that bone ass stock 430 Spyder did to the Superleggera!

And please.... don't mention the SLR!!!!! We all know it would be at the end of the runway before any of those cars ever crossed the starting line!!

Are you serious???

Yup!!

Like I siad, the CGT driver drove the car pretty well and the Scuderia owner, well, it's paddel shift car so there is no 'bad driver' in it.