[VID]: Runway Titans WOT @ Mojave Airport -> Preview

ELIM

All this crap about which car is faster on paper is just that, a bunch of crap. You go out to race to see who wins the damn race. Fastlane get his due. He went out and kicked their ass. I'm tired of hearing all the "my car is faster on the dyno sheet" shit. I have driven over 15,000 miles of rally driving all across the country. Highways, tracks etc. That experience has shown me that you don't know shit until your on the road and out there. It has also shown me that the various factors such as weather etc have major effects as well.

I watched the video again last night. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to floor the throttle in a straight line. The results are valid. And all cars are not equal. Your 640 might be better than some ones else depending on maintenance, tuning, etc. But on that day, on that track you won fare and square.

And the only thing this proves is a car is fast on a runway. Which to be honest, who cares. You are never going to get these conditions on normal driving roads. So it would be a lot more fun and engaging to actually plan and do real drives. Everyone would find out much more about the cars and how they stack up.

Yes I think the 30-190 straight line is the best for the LP640 to show its stuff easy to drive and shift lots of power to handle the bulk.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this crap about which car is faster on paper is just that, a bunch of crap. You go out to race to see who wins the damn race. Fastlane get his due. He went out and kicked their ass. I'm tired of hearing all the "my car is faster on the dyno sheet" shit. I have driven over 15,000 miles of rally driving all across the country. Highways, tracks etc. That experience has shown me that you don't know shit until your on the road and out there. It has also shown me that the various factors such as weather etc have major effects as well.

I watched the video again last night. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to floor the throttle in a straight line. The results are valid. And all cars are not equal. Your 640 might be better than some ones else depending on maintenance, tuning, etc. But on that day, on that track you won fare and square.

And the only thing this proves is a car is fast on a runway. Which to be honest, who cares. You are never going to get these conditions on normal driving roads. So it would be a lot more fun and engaging to actually plan and do real drives. Everyone would find out much more about the cars and how they stack up.

This coming from the guy who thinks a CGT can blow the doors of a Plastic mess-06.... :drunk:

This coming from the guy who thinks a CGT can blow the doors of a Plastic mess-06.... :drunk:

:lol2:

LP640, CGT whatever it may be, they are both beautiful exotics in their own ways, drive them, enjoy them, love them, life is short.

i second that !

and Congrats fastlane you sure deserve the wins :icon_thumleft:

Didn't say blow the doors off. It WILL stay nose to nose from 80-160. You now have the opportunity to find out! :icon_thumleft:

I dont need the opportunity... I know it will NOT...

Not only did it, it will. Why the hell would I make shit up?

Now, if you got off your ass and actually drove your cars you might be able to find out!!!! :eusa_dance:

Didn't say blow the doors off. It WILL stay nose to nose from 80-160. You now have the opportunity to find out! :icon_thumleft:

LOL. You are out of your mind!!

i second that !

and Congrats fastlane you sure deserve the wins :icon_thumleft:

Thanks. It is nice to see a lambo do well, all the stuff I see on the internet is every car imaginable posting how they beat some Lambo, and their favorite seems to be the LP640. I expect to see a posting of some new electric car claiming to have beat an LP640 up until its battery went dead.

• 1 year later...

I'm always on the lookout for good exotic/race DVDs, but they just don't seem to exist. Most times I can't get past the reviews, which are often horrible. I've been looking at this series repeatedly but the reviews keep me away each time. Opinion is so split. It seems like one crowd (possibly a younger crowd with bed-head hair styles) likes the music-video style production, and others (prob car guys like me) rip it apart. But I can't be sure who is providing what opinion.

Gumball series has it's moments, but most of it is crap.

The Getaway series went to crap after the third or fourth installment. That was promising but it all became so ultra staged and overdone, and the cars keep getting crappier or more boring.

Anyone have recommendations or is the Speed and Motion series the best stuff we have? I'm looking for:

-first person views

-lots of cameras

-"grown up" commentary and less tech analysis like "dude this is a sick/killer ride"

-minimal music dubbing

-lots of actual/real sounds from the event being recorded

I'm always on the lookout for good exotic/race DVDs, but they just don't seem to exist. Most times I can't get past the reviews, which are often horrible. I've been looking at this series repeatedly but the reviews keep me away each time. Opinion is so split. It seems like one crowd (possibly a younger crowd with bed-head hair styles) likes the music-video style production, and others (prob car guys like me) rip it apart. But I can't be sure who is providing what opinion.

The Getaway series went to crap after the third or fourth installment. That was promising but it all became so ultra staged and overdone, and the cars keep getting crappier or more boring.

Anyone have recommendations or is the Speed and Motion series the best stuff we have? I'm looking for:

-first person views

-lots of cameras

-"grown up" commentary and less tech analysis like "dude this is a sick/killer ride"

-minimal music dubbing

so basically a documentary or something like what Gustav and the Mboard guys make.

-first person views

-lots of cameras

-minimal music dubbing

Check out Superspeeders.com

Check out Superspeeders.com

Thx! Yes..the trailers here look very promising!

@lambornima: Ya, kinda a documentary style. Doesn't need to be much talking really. I have something in my mind..I can't describe it. I don't know Gustav or the MBoard. I want something I can watch with my wife in the room and not feel like a cheeseball for watching it. Things like "super mean machines burning up the street" are NOT said in the videos I'm thinking of. And constant/needless T/A isn't necessary (a little is ok of course..just not half the video or to the point where it interferes with the car stuff). Not a bunch if kids being stupid...no foam parties.... just cars. The Superspeeders looks interesting.

I thought this was an awesome quote from the Runway Titans website about the video:

"Hawkman

I was part of this event. The guy that put it togther, Joel, promised all that participated a free DVD of the event. Never got it. Sent him an email. No reply. So I bought one hoping to see me dominate against those I raced. Nothing. Wish I never paid. DVD was terrible. Sound editing was crap. Couldn't hear the machines over the music that was dubbed onto the DVD. Two thumbs down."

PS.. US Top Gear sucks. Why cant we get a cool car show? There are enough guys that like cars that have talent, why is it so hard to make a cool show about cars?

Damn, that blue vet is smokin fast! It must have, like, 500hp to give the F430 the hit and run away like that!

UTCObra, who was it complaining? Which car did he/she drive?

Damn, that blue vet is smokin fast! It must have, like, 500hp to give the F430 the hit and run away like that!

UTCObra, who was it complaining? Which car did he/she drive?

Not sure who it was, posted in the comments under the video. Goes by Hawkman.