Imagine running 100m in 9.71 then...

capt_chaos

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/aug/1...s-championships

Usain Bolt has broken the 100m world record with a time of 9.58sec in the final of the World Athletics Championship. By an amazing tenth of a second, the Jamaican almost effortlessly broke his own time of 9.69sec in last year's Olympics to stun the Berlin crowd.

Any fledgling hopes his main rivals for the gold, Asafa Powell and Tyson Gay, might have had of beating Bolt were swiftly over, as the Olympic champion blew the competition out of the water. Bolt was quickly out of the blocks to leave the other competitors behind, intent on making yet more history.

Bolt had taken it easy in the heats ahead of the final, jogging to victory in an apparent attempt to save himself for a big effort in the main event. If that his was plan, it was executed with perfection.

One consolation for Gay was breaking the American record of 9.77sec with a time of 9.71sec. He finished second while Bolt's compatriot, Powell, came in third.

Jogging through the heats :lol2:

yeah, but he cant drive worth a shit

Who cares, he can run to my grocery store faster than I can get there in my Civic...

Not exactly surprising. He actually ran almost the full lenght of the race this time. He jogged/showboated for the last 20 meters or so at the Olympics. :) I'm sure this man could achieve a 9.4X at some point if he keeps his head in the game, keeps training hard and runs for 100 meters completely...:)

Quite impressive to see a human run and surpass world records twice in a span of 2 years at differences of clocked time what took 60years to do before him. Just like when Ben Johnson ran a 9.75 (17 years ago) when the world recods was still 9.97. I was just as buzzed when BJ did it then too. Very cool to see, but.......Didn't this guy come outta nowhere 1 year before the Olympics??? He might very well be on some shit we just haven't detected yet.

Still impressive all the same. 6'5" beast rollin out like that.

He might very well be on some shit we just haven't detected yet.

Oh come on, this stuff is so good that they have only given it to one guy...

Think about it.

His height does give him a massive stride advantage though.

Oh come on, this stuff is so good that they have only given it to one guy...

Think about it.

His height does give him a massive stride advantage though.

Yes, height does make a diff. Just so rare for a tall guy, but then again when one comes along, its rediculous, just look at Randy Moss, I dont think anyone in the league can run with him (6'4 1/2).

But hey, if the Jamaicans have figured it out, why would they share? I'm just sayin'...

Quite impressive to see a human run and surpass world records twice in a span of 2 years at differences of clocked time what took 60years to do before him. Just like when Ben Johnson ran a 9.75 (17 years ago) when the world recods was still 9.97. I was just as buzzed when BJ did it then too. Very cool to see, but.......Didn't this guy come outta nowhere 1 year before the Olympics??? He might very well be on some shit we just haven't detected yet.

Bolt is just an amazing runner, probably the best I have ever seen. No, he did not just emerge from obscurity a year before the '08 Oly Games, as he was a Jamacian and World Jr. Champ at age 15. His 23rd birthday is tomorrow.