Guns

OVI

I'm typing this reply on my iPhone at the beach club at Disney world, so forgive the spelling. I can chime in on the kimbers as I've owned two, and just got rid of my ultra carry II. I kept the "full size" which is a Kimberly stainless II. It shoots amazingly well and is pretty damn accurate. It's well made and th only issues I've had are the occasional stove-pipe. Doesn't happen often but it is annoying when it does happen. Size wise, the full size is quite a bit larger than the ultra carry II, and weighed quite a bit more more as well. The size is noticeable, HOWEVER, the ultra carry II is still a large gun and it's not all that "conceilable". You can do it, but it won't be comfortable. It hasn't been my personal experience, but I've read and others seem to swear, that the 1911 model was made with a 6 inch barrell for a reason and that shortening it may mess up some of the functionality and may make it more prone to various failures such as stovepipong and failure to feed, etc. That wasn't my experience and I say those types of failures are more likely due to maintainance and crappy ammo or magazines versus design, but you never know. If it's not something you are going to conceal on your person, the full size may be more comfortable for you to shoot (my ultra always seemed uncomfortable to shoot). I love the .45 caliber pistols. They are a blast to shoot and 1911s are sweet. But I also love my beretta 9mm. Very accurate and solid as a rock so far...I do wish I would have looked at the .40 caliber before I went with the 9mm but I was thinking Ammo at the time. I also had good luck with budsgunshop.com as they had great selection and pricing. Good luck with the purchase!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 desert eagle...

Anyone explain the near perfect circle of fire at 0.47 & 0.57? I can understand if it is near the barrel or exit but from the looks of it, looks like it just appears on its own several feets away from the gun..

the desert eagle

Is an awesome weapon. I wanted to get a .50 but they are banned in Ca. You can convert

a 44 or 357 but its almost as expensive as an entire new gun. I have had fun with them in

the past. They are on the heavy side but the recoil of the .44 and .357 is not that bad at all even with high velocity rounds.

One report I saw said that "indefinitely banned" NBA player Gilbert Arenas had a gold-plated DE during his recent locker room incident. What a gun!

post-10945-1262901121_thumb.jpg

50 desert eagle...

Anyone explain the near perfect circle of fire at 0.47 & 0.57? I can understand if it is near the barrel or exit but from the looks of it, looks like it just appears on its own several feets away from the gun..

I think its just the muzzle blast. Happens about a foot from the gun...Same as pictured here, just a little different due to size of the caliber?. The flash is a perfect circle, You can even see the orange hot shell being ejected.

gun.jpg

One report I saw said that "indefinitely banned" NBA player Gilbert Arenas had a gold-plated DE during his recent locker room incident. What a gun!

post-10945-1262901121_thumb.jpg

I heard the same thing but I never heard what cal it was

:monkeyleft: My Favorite:

Damn this thread keeps getting better, but I still cant/wont view this at work. :eusa_wall:

the desert eagle

Is an awesome weapon. I wanted to get a .50 but they are banned in Ca. You can convert

a 44 or 357 but its almost as expensive as an entire new gun. I have had fun with them in

the past. They are on the heavy side but the recoil of the .44 and .357 is not that bad at all even with high velocity rounds.

I dont want a DE, I would like the revolver that takes 500s(largest pistol currently for sale).

the desert eagle

The .50 DA isnt banned in California....

Its not on the "Approved roster" for new handgun sales but you can buy one private party.

The .50 DA isnt banned in California....

Its not on the "Approved roster" for new handgun sales but you can buy one private party.

I ment you can not buy it brand new from a store -- damn my bad

you can buy it used

WTF is a .50 DA

I might want one

quote name='Rix'

Yeah.

Just that I initially reckoned it was some kinda sonic boom. You know similar to a jet after it hit certain Mach of speed.

Gold plated .... I dig the tiger stripped ones with the grip swapped for the Grim Reapers'.. :icon_super:

post-10425-1262975922_thumb.jpg

WTF is a .50 DA

I might want one

Double Action. See the abvs below;

Double-action (DA)

A double-action trigger performs two functions when pulling the trigger, first cocking the hammer then releasing it to discharge the firearm. When this term is applied to revolvers, the trigger also rotates the cylinder. Though this is technically a third action, it is correct to refer to the mechanism as double-action. Most pistols and revolvers with a double-action trigger mechanism retain the single action functionality.

Double-action/Single-action (DA/SA)

A double-action/single-action firearm combines the features of both mechanisms. Often called traditional double action, these terms apply almost exclusively to semi-automatic handguns. The function of this trigger mechanism is identical to a DA revolver. However, the firing mechanism automatically cocks the hammer or striker after the gun is fired. This mechanism will cock and release the hammer when the hammer is in the down position but on each subsequent shot, the trigger will function as a single action. The Mateba Autorevolver is a hybrid revolver that functions on a DA/SA system. However, it is different in function than either a conventional revolver or semi-automatic pistol. The Beretta 92 is a good example of a DA/SA semi-automatic pistol. On many DA/SA pistols (including the Beretta) there is the option to cock the hammer before the first shot is fired. This removes the heavy pull of the double-action. Also, there is often a de-cocker to return the pistol to double-action.

Double-action only (DAO)

A double-action only is similar to a DA revolver trigger mechanism however there is no single action function. For semi-automatic pistols with a traditional hammer (that emply only the double action function of the trigger), the hammer will return to its decocked position after each shot. Subsequent shots require the double action trigger firing sequence. For striker-fired pistols such as the Taurus 24/7, the striker will remain in the rest position through the entire reloading cycle. This term applies mostly to semi-automatic handguns; however, the term can also apply to some revolvers such as the Smith & Wesson Centennial and the Enfield No. 2 Mk I revolvers. In the case of the Glock and Kahr semi-automatic pistols the striker is "cocked" to an intermediate position by the operation of the slide. The double action trigger completes the firing sequence from this intermediate cocked position. This is a critical point to understand for the successful operation of the firearm. Firearm of this type are operated practically as single action weapons. In order for the firing mechanizm to funtion the slide must be operated to bring the striker to the cocked intermediate postion; it is not possible to operate the firing mechanizm multiple times without operating the slide between each firing sequence.

Double Action. See the abvs below;

Double-action (DA)

A double-action trigger performs two functions when pulling the trigger, first cocking the hammer then releasing it to discharge the firearm. When this term is applied to revolvers, the trigger also rotates the cylinder. Though this is technically a third action, it is correct to refer to the mechanism as double-action. Most pistols and revolvers with a double-action trigger mechanism retain the single action functionality.

Double-action/Single-action (DA/SA)

A double-action/single-action firearm combines the features of both mechanisms. Often called traditional double action, these terms apply almost exclusively to semi-automatic handguns. The function of this trigger mechanism is identical to a DA revolver. However, the firing mechanism automatically cocks the hammer or striker after the gun is fired. This mechanism will cock and release the hammer when the hammer is in the down position but on each subsequent shot, the trigger will function as a single action. The Mateba Autorevolver is a hybrid revolver that functions on a DA/SA system. However, it is different in function than either a conventional revolver or semi-automatic pistol. The Beretta 92 is a good example of a DA/SA semi-automatic pistol. On many DA/SA pistols (including the Beretta) there is the option to cock the hammer before the first shot is fired. This removes the heavy pull of the double-action. Also, there is often a de-cocker to return the pistol to double-action.

Double-action only (DAO)

A double-action only is similar to a DA revolver trigger mechanism however there is no single action function. For semi-automatic pistols with a traditional hammer (that emply only the double action function of the trigger), the hammer will return to its decocked position after each shot. Subsequent shots require the double action trigger firing sequence. For striker-fired pistols such as the Taurus 24/7, the striker will remain in the rest position through the entire reloading cycle. This term applies mostly to semi-automatic handguns; however, the term can also apply to some revolvers such as the Smith & Wesson Centennial and the Enfield No. 2 Mk I revolvers. In the case of the Glock and Kahr semi-automatic pistols the striker is "cocked" to an intermediate position by the operation of the slide. The double action trigger completes the firing sequence from this intermediate cocked position. This is a critical point to understand for the successful operation of the firearm. Firearm of this type are operated practically as single action weapons. In order for the firing mechanizm to funtion the slide must be operated to bring the striker to the cocked intermediate postion; it is not possible to operate the firing mechanizm multiple times without operating the slide between each firing sequence.

yup thats what DA stands for now tell me about the DA .50

I ment you can not buy it brand new from a store -- damn my bad

you can buy it used

WTF is a .50 DA

I might want one

Typo

50 DE (desert eagle)

I know I was just messin with you

Dont mess with Daddy.....

Anybody used a S&W 4053TSW in 40?

I really like the way it fits my hand (havent shot it yet though) and it seems small enough that it would make a good conceal gun.

sw4053tsw.jpg

Anybody used a S&W 4053TSW in 40?

I really like the way it fits my hand (havent shot it yet though) and it seems small enough that it would make a good conceal gun.

sw4053tsw.jpg

That is an overall nice looking gun but I would not have chosen to put that TACTICAL wording on the side. Idk, just bothers me.

Just my opinion, but I don't care for Smith&Wesson automatics. Revolvers, okay. But I'd steer clear of their autos. Go for Springfield XD, Glock, Sig, HK (used especially great deals).

That is an overall nice looking gun but I would not have chosen to put that TACTICAL wording on the side. Idk, just bothers me.

thats optional in respect to the fact that you can get a 4053SW

I think I'm ready to give up my shotgun to finally buy that Springfield XD 40 I've been wanting for so long. Searching around I've found some for $440 (4" I believe). A quick search suggests that this is a pretty good price. Any input or pointers where to look?

I think I'm ready to give up my shotgun to finally buy that Springfield XD 40 I've been wanting for so long. Searching around I've found some for $440 (4" I believe). A quick search suggests that this is a pretty good price. Any input or pointers where to look?

Wow.... thats a damned fine price....

Wow.... thats a damned fine price....
True. That's the absolute cheapest I was able to find, but I think what I want exactly is a little more, around $470. Still not bad.

Make sure that the XD 40 is the "kit" with 2 clips etc etc. I have seen quite a few XD's for cheap when they dont include the "xd Gear"