Guns

OVI

One being a pistol grip and the other having a stock makes them two really different animals to shoot. The Remington has ghost ring sight on it so it feels like a rifle when it comes to aiming. There have been some bear sightings around my area the last few days so I have been taking the moss with me when I take the dog out for his pee at night, I live right next to a bunch of woods and the dog goes in there for the bathroom. Can't beat the compact size of a pistol grip for taking it with you, the Remington gets left in the safe. As far as functionality wise they both work just as smoothly as each other. I like the take down of the Remington better. That is the only advantage I would give the Remington over the moss.

I have heard in the past that pistol grips make 12 gauges essentially useless, I'm guessing you disagree or do you have that Moss just for the hell of it?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard in the past that pistol grips make 12 gauges essentially useless, I'm guessing you disagree or do you have that Moss just for the hell of it?

They're not at all "useless". And if they have some sort of forward grip they are as controllable as a fixed stock....

So how many people in the US carry concealed then? Is there an average figure? I don't know whether to come and visit again after reading through this thread....

Is it possible for a non citizen to get a liscence?

Couple of my toys....

AR-50

Remington 308 PSS

Bushmaster AR-15 "M4" with ACOG scope

Mak-90

Mossberg entry shotgun

--AR15 is for sale if anyone is interested--

post-7442-1254188457_thumb.jpg

So how many people in the US carry concealed then? Is there an average figure? I don't know whether to come and visit again after reading through this thread....

Is it possible for a non citizen to get a liscence?

under 5%.

and generally- no...

Andrew, what's the name of nr 2 (from the top)? An AK..?

Yes it is an AK47. It's a Maadi ARM from egypt and imported to intrac armory. I added a G2 trigger group which gets rid of trigger slap.

I wouldn't say it is useless. It is not a gun you take to the range and blow 100 rounds through or enter an IDPA contest with, but it is not useless. I use low recoil slugs and 00 Buck in it. Makes it much better for follow up shot. I like it for the size of it. Usually I just keep a few handguns in my bedroom for night protection but sometimes there will be a few weeks where crime activity is high in my area so I bring that into the bedroom. I can be really mobile with that gun in hallways and around doors and that is why I like it (more so than my AR's with 16 inch barrels). I am by no means a pro but I can rack off 6 shots with that gun in about 10 seconds with low recoil Hornady TAP 00 buck and pattern an IDPA cardboard silhouette at 10 yards with it. That was my est of what a home defense situation would most likely entail and why I did that test with a few buddies of mine.

RomanDad is correct a forward grip does make it much more controllable. If you look mine has a strap that goes over your forward hand on the pump action, this saves you the first few times you shot the gun. Once you get comfortable with what it is like your hand doesn't come off the pump anymore. I sometimes go shooting in a state (live on MA/NH boarder) that still has the Assault Weapon Ban in place and they don't allow forward grips. That is why I don't have one on it. I have though about getting another and making it a dedicated NH gun with the forward grip. Just haven't got around to it yet, next on my list is a S&W 500 mag revolver.

• 1 month later...
under 5%.

and generally- no...

Can one get a CCW with a Green Card or do you have to be a US citizen?

Now, if someone comes into my home and my life is being threatened then that offender is in allot of trouble. Remember all home defense weapons better have a light device on it...even it your lights were on when the intruder came in the home.

Hi Charlie, please explain. :)

It is good to have a pistol grip, with a home defense shotgun. You want to have the ability, to be the first person in the house, to aim the weapon on the target.

If you wait in ambush on the floor, for the advancing life-threatening home burglar, you may want the buttstock.

Benkei, the police and court are going to want to know: was your life being threatened, meaning the intruder had every intention and action in taking your life or harm to yourself. Did you do everything you could to stop the intruder before lethal force was required? What actions did you take before killing the intruder?

Example - I yelled to intruder I to lay on the floor, informed intruder that I have a firearm aiming at him/her and would use deadly force if I had to defend myself or a family member. Intruder was fully visible, I have my firearm light on him/her at all times, I can visibly see what the intruder had in his/her hands, his/her actions, etc.

Accidental deaths in the home are almost always from the homeowner thinking their is an intruder in the home and without saying anything or having a light on the subject shoots and THEN turns a light on in the home finding their spouse bleeding all over their carpet.

Having a light on your firearm takes away any question of if you saw the suspect, etc.

Also, if you have a firearm light shining in your eyes their is no way that intruder can even see you. Huge benefit for defense!

Couple of my toys....

AR-50

Remington 308 PSS

Mak-90

Mossberg entry shotgun

.50 BMG FTW! I need one of those.

Couple of my toys....

AR-50

Remington 308 PSS

Mak-90

Mossberg entry shotgun

A buddy just bought an AR-50 used off a guy for like 4k off what he paid for it. I have yet to see him shoot it.

BTW how much for the AR-15?

Guys do me a favor..look past the girls,whats the rifle on the right?

3020010591_623e8b859b_b.jpg

HK G36

Thanks! looks like theres a million different models of it

Thats the "c" model.

Guest skokos
Thats the "c" model.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Im going to be consulting you on some personal purchases shortly if you dont mind ;)

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Im going to be consulting you on some personal purchases shortly if you dont mind ;)

Any time my friend....

Do any of you guys watch Hickok45's videos on YouTube?

He has a range on his property in TN and does some entertaining videos!

I think the G36 and variants are military and law enforcement only. I would love to have one though!!!