Dymag steps up! Not!

g-force

I've always loved my Dymags on the TT Gallardo Spider. The looks,the weight savings etc.

What has been a constant irritant has been the way they have bloched spotting whenever

normal water contacts them. It takes about 1 hour to hand polish them every time I wash the car.

Consequently my TT G is never as clean and detailed as it should be.

Last week I was talking with Bill Koenig Dymag USA Rep he told me I had gen 1 wheels

leaking (which Wheel Enhancement fixed) & Spotting common to Gen 1 wheels.

Today he said Factory is replacing wheels under warranty . Unusual considering age of wheels.!

I'll probably now be able to convince wife to put a set on her R8. Neither she or I were interested in 2 dirty cars with high maintence wheels!

highresspiderprofile.jpg

Get a set of the new HRE/DYMAG wheels for the R8. They are HRE centers with Dymag outers. REALLY nice wheels.

I've always loved my Dymags on the TT Gallardo Spider. The looks,the weight savings etc.

What has been a constant irritant has been the way they have bloched spotting whenever

normal water contacts them. It takes about 1 hour to hand polish them every time I wash the car.

Last week I was talking with Bill Koenig Dymag USA Rep he told me I had gen 1 wheels

Today he said Factory is replacing wheels under warranty . Unusual considering age of wheels.!

I'll probably now be able to convince wife to put a set on her R8. Neither she or I were interested in 2 dirty cars with high maintence wheels!

Looks amazing. Aren't you glad you didn't sell me the car now?

Looks amazing. Aren't you glad you didn't sell me the car now?

LOVE THE CAR BUT THINK you are rubbing in the maRkET CRASHING???

Wow, a company that stands behind their wheels. What a refreshing change! As opposed to DPE, for example.

LOVE THE CAR BUT THINK you are rubbing in the maRkET CRASHING???

I would have been better off buying your car, remember I bought a brand new loaded SL instead @ 235k, thought I got a good deal at 20k below sticker, and since I ended up doing TTs anyways I have to factor that in as well. I guess it's a moot point as I have zero plans of selling my car though.

Hey Saeed, nice to see you here on lambo power! lol

Hows the R35?

Hi James how are you tried contacting you a while ago on msn couldnt get through well its just getting ready this week atlast got my gearbox back from ppg it took three months changed it 1 to 6

what are you doin here did you get a lambo

Dymag wheels are really nice pieces - very impressive. Too bad the local distributor - Ben @ Wheels Boutique - is the biggest scumbag in South Florida. Be sure to buy your next Dymag wheels from anyone but him.

Man that car looks amazing with those wheels. I love it. I thought you got a LP 560 bumper done though? Looks like the stock bumper now.

Hi James how are you tried contacting you a while ago on msn couldnt get through well its just getting ready this week atlast got my gearbox back from ppg it took three months changed it 1 to 6

what are you doin here did you get a lambo

Saeed, omg 3 months? So hows the feel of the DCT now? Can you launch it to kingdom come now? Is the box more jerky now? Overall impressions pls!

Yeah I got a LP560 recently. In the midst of changing cosmetical stuff so its still on going so no picture posting yet till its done. Funny how small the world is with internet aye? lol.

My msn's still up, i got your earlier msgs. just never able to meet you online. cheers buddy!

sorry guys for the OT

• 1 month later...

Knew it was too good to be true.....this week Dymag USA tells me they are bankrupt.

NO Warranty deals. they will sell me new set for cost 8000 plus 1000 shipping.

new retail will be 15,000.

Knew it was too good to be true.....this week Dymag USA tells me they are bankrupt.

NO Warranty deals. they will sell me new set for cost 8000 plus 1000 shipping.

new retail will be 15,000.

Bummer, that sucks Wayne. I have the new second generation wheels on my car with new mag/alumin centers and they are a huge improvement.

Bummer, that sucks Wayne. I have the new second generation wheels on my car with new mag/alumin centers and they are a huge improvement.

so as it turns out...you were smart (without knowing it) to pass on BMW racer wheels.

so as it turns out...you were smart (without knowing it) to pass on BMW racer wheels.

Not really, my timing was better than yours. I bought a set of the first generation wheels, they were a huge pain in the ass(leaked), got a replacement set under warranty. If the only issue you have is cleaning/spotting, count your blessings. They are a cool/good set of wheels. :icon_thumleft:

Not really, my timing was better than yours. I bought a set of the first generation wheels, they were a huge pain in the ass(leaked), got a replacement set under warranty. If the only issue you have is cleaning/spotting, count your blessings. They are a cool/good set of wheels. :icon_thumleft:

friggin company couldn't sell enough at 10k per set to stay in biz so they go BK and

the adminstrator raises price to 15k per set!

Dymag wheels are really nice pieces - very impressive. Too bad the local distributor - Ben @ Wheels Boutique - is the biggest scumbag in South Florida. Be sure to buy your next Dymag wheels from anyone but him.

Tell us how you really feel?

Whay what issues have there been with Ben at Wheelsboutique ? Bill

The leakage in the wheels makes me wonder about the fuselage on the Boeing 787 dreamliner which is carbon. I would be scared to fly in that plane. The 20/20 show addressing concerns fro

Boeing engineers about the fuselage made me a bit worried about the long term strength of carbon in high impact areas. Especially under constant impact, microscopic cracks form, over time air leaks would be inevitable... Imagine flying in a pressurized cabin and the fuselage gives....

The leakage in the wheels makes me wonder about the fuselage on the Boeing 787 dreamliner which is carbon. I would be scared to fly in that plane. The 20/20 show addressing concerns fro

Boeing engineers about the fuselage made me a bit worried about the long term strength of carbon in high impact areas. Especially under constant impact, microscopic cracks form, over time air leaks would be inevitable... Imagine flying in a pressurized cabin and the fuselage gives....

The first airliner in commercial service had that very problem, the English Comet. The culprit in that case was aluminum ageing faster than anticipated, creating microscopic cracks, etc etc.

However I have no doubt the 787 will surpass expectations, and likely live a long service life without incident. It has all the earmarks of a "corporate conspiracy" I know, but in reality delays happen when you're breaking out of the known box.

PS - Sucks Wayne, sorry to hear that. Also sucks that Dymag couldn't make their model work, hate to see innovators leave our space if they aren't rescued in time.