How Do I Defrost a Freezer?

WheelsRCool

Okay, well I have a mini-refrigerator in my bedroom, and I just opened up the little freezer part at the top of it and it is filled with ice! Solid ice. So I need to defrost it by turning it off. Thing is, when doing this, this will cause all that ice to turn into water, which I am guessing will then leak out and soak the floor. Is there any specific way I can defrost the freezer without causing the floor to get soaked?

This isn't the kind of ice you can scrape, it is just smooth, ultra-hard ice.

Given that it is a mini fridge, and easy to carry, why not just set it in the bathtub or on the back lawn till it defrosts.

Okay, well I have a mini-refrigerator in my bedroom, and I just opened up the little freezer part at the top of it and it is filled with ice! Solid ice. So I need to defrost it by turning it off. Thing is, when doing this, this will cause all that ice to turn into water, which I am guessing will then leak out and soak the floor. Is there any specific way I can defrost the freezer without causing the floor to get soaked?

This isn't the kind of ice you can scrape, it is just smooth, ultra-hard ice.

Uh.... Take it outside? (or put it somewhere you dont care will get wet..... Garage.... Shower.... Tub.... On top of the toaster.... Etc....)

Given that it is a mini fridge, and easy to carry, why not just set it in the bathtub or on the back lawn till it defrosts.

Of course, I live up North where it will be below freezing tonight, so perhaps I'm not the best one to make the out door recommendation. (LOL)

Uh.... Take it outside? (or put it somewhere you dont care will get wet..... Garage.... Shower.... Tub.... On top of the toaster.... Etc....)

I don't have a garage, and if I put it outside someone might steal it. Not sure if it will fit in the bath tub, will have to see.

Also, maybe the term "mini" fridge was a little misleading, it is a small fridge, but definitly not light.

Call your mother and ask for advice.... for christ's sake dude. your defrosting a freezer why are you asking for advice on a lambo forum?

There's no trick. Put a tarp under it and get lots of towels. After it's defrosted a big and the ice softens use an ice pick or the like to chip out whatever chunks you can.

If its a LARGE refrigerator, Get a bucket, a bunch of paper towels and a hair dryer..... Hit the ice with the hair dryer until it softens enough to pull out in chunks. Put the chunks in the bucket.... Wipe up any water with the towels.