Texas Mile... The Prediction Thread

Allan-Herbie

im late finding this thread.. but wtf happen to that yellow G? looks like a motor is fried!!

He was going sooo fast he burst into flames upon reentry into the atmosphere!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is John Reed posting. Not looking for a ban or to start anything, so hopefully this is recieved as such.

First a thanks to the LP members for their congrats, especially Allan, Ray, Jason, Gary and others. After all the animosity in the past it is a nice feeling to read through this very positive thread and see it isn't about shop bs shop but about a community putting BS aside and pulling for some of their own trying to push where others haven't before. These are all real guys out there, some of the nicest you could hope to meet, taking fairly big risks both physically and financially in pursuit of a passion to go fast. Again, thank you! The thread has been fun to follow.

Kyle did one hell of a good job, and my hats off to him. His car had ZERO issues all weekend, and it is heading home to terrorize the guys on his local highways.

Jonahs car showed just some of it's real potential, but we had some teething issues with the new setup that we felt needed to be fixed before putting it all on the line. Jonah outlined it all pretty well, no need to recap. Congrats to him for jumping right in the highest hp Gallardo on the planet and giving it hell down the mile. This car will be back in March with some new and unique modifications/safety gear with going 250+ the only goal for this car at the moment.

Grants was a bitter trial all weekend. From a failed pilot bearing Friday which damn near took the tilton out (and caused the car to be horrible to shift, leading to a mis-shift and bad over rev) to the now famous flying fireball. It appears (pending further analysis) that we broke the rod bolts on one cylinder. He was in 5th and had just cleared 221mph when it broke. It is likely the bolts were damaged Friday. After overall such a great weekend we were gutted. That and waiting to see if our friend (it isn't about just shops, cars and customers most the time, a lot of us are friends also) was ok. The car isn't hurt bad, the engine can be fixed of course. A new back bumper and associated parts, a good cleaning and she will be back. He plans to run Miami and hopefully Texas in the spring again. It makes me very thankful to have stopped with Jonahs where we are now and try again in March.

JoeDirt, it was nice to meet you and damn impressive what you did with your car.

SW ran the roll racing in his UGR standard TTG and had a blast. He won all the races and was hot lapping the hell out of it. Fun, reliable power level in a TTG! I hope they keep doing those and hope to see more of you out there! Perfect venue to hang out, eat, drink and do some TTG friendly racing. His Supra laid down an impressive 243 out of the box but a noise and some smoke made them err to the side of safety as well and not run it again. The mile can take small issues and make them big issues in a damn hurry.

Thanks for the space guys, and to anyone else on here I met out there bit don't know your screen name, it was nice meeting you!

This is John Reed posting. Not looking for a ban or to start anything, so hopefully this is recieved as such.

First a thanks to the LP members for their congrats, especially Allan, Ray, Jason, Gary and others. After all the animosity in the past it is a nice feeling to read through this very positive thread and see it isn't about shop bs shop but about a community putting BS aside and pulling for some of their own trying to push where others haven't before. These are all real guys out there, some of the nicest you could hope to meet, taking fairly big risks both physically and financially in pursuit of a passion to go fast. Again, thank you! The thread has been fun to follow.

Kyle did one hell of a good job, and my hats off to him. His car had ZERO issues all weekend, and it is heading home to terrorize the guys on his local highways.

Jonahs car showed just some of it's real potential, but we had some teething issues with the new setup that we felt needed to be fixed before putting it all on the line. Jonah outlined it all pretty well, no need to recap. Congrats to him for jumping right in the highest hp Gallardo on the planet and giving it hell down the mile. This car will be back in March with some new and unique modifications/safety gear with going 250+ the only goal for this car at the moment.

Grants was a bitter trial all weekend. From a failed pilot bearing Friday which damn near took the tilton out (and caused the car to be horrible to shift, leading to a mis-shift and bad over rev) to the now famous flying fireball. It appears (pending further analysis) that we broke the rod bolts on one cylinder. He was in 5th and had just cleared 221mph when it broke. It is likely the bolts were damaged Friday. After overall such a great weekend we were gutted. That and waiting to see if our friend (it isn't about just shops, cars and customers most the time, a lot of us are friends also) was ok. The car isn't hurt bad, the engine can be fixed of course. A new back bumper and associated parts, a good cleaning and she will be back. He plans to run Miami and hopefully Texas in the spring again. It makes me very thankful to have stopped with Jonahs where we are now and try again in March.

JoeDirt, it was nice to meet you and damn impressive what you did with your car.

SW ran the roll racing in his UGR standard TTG and had a blast. He won all the races and was hot lapping the hell out of it. Fun, reliable power level in a TTG! I hope they keep doing those and hope to see more of you out there! Perfect venue to hang out, eat, drink and do some TTG friendly racing. His Supra laid down an impressive 243 out of the box but a noise and some smoke made them err to the side of safety as well and not run it again. The mile can take small issues and make them big issues in a damn hurry.

Thanks for the space guys, and to anyone else on here I met out there bit don't know your screen name, it was nice meeting you!

Good post... I agree especially on the drivers having HUGE nutsacks to run at those speeds..

Good post... I agree especially on the drivers having HUGE nutsacks to run at those speeds..

Thanks! Do you happen to have access to more of the pictures or video of the fireball? That was the first picture I have seen and that was a lot of fire! I was up at the starting line when it happened and let me tell you the mile is a long distance to cover when all you see at the far end is a smoke plume from the car a friend was just going over 200mph in. All is well so now we can at least check out the pics/video and have one hell of a story to tell down the road.

I was out ripping around on the street with SW while he was practicing his brake boosting for the roll on races and you are right. For most guys (I would say normal but none of us are really normal or a stock Gallardo would be fast to us) 850 to 1000whp is the perfect street Gallardo TT and they are so reliable at that power level. Big fun and SW is just about the coolest guy to hang with out at the track (just make sure you are not trying to diet when you are out there with him).

Your post is a complete lie.

My car is the black UGR Gallardo with the fully polished HRE comp wheels. There were no parts taken off my car period. We did change plugs (which on a gallardo requires some effort).

I went 232.8, got my 200mph t-shirt x 4 :) All 4 of my runs were over 200mph and I met all my goals. I spun on one of my runs to 11,000rpm+ and possibly burned a valve in my car. I have 2 children that I do not want to leave fatherless, so I decided to not risk any potential failure and shut my car down for the event. My car had a TON more in it. I look forward to the next Texas Mile, and we will learn from this experience and come back more prepared and better than ever. If you question my guts, then come out and try and beat me. I promise you will go home a loser :)

Kyle (Orange UGR TT Gallardo) went 241.6. Sit back and think about that for a minute....first time EVER at the mile, and Kyle and UGR came within 5mph of the overall record! That is unbelievable! Congrats to Kyle for driving an amazing run, and to Kevin, KC, Carl, Matt, Claudio, and the rest of the UGR team for building the fastest lamborghini on earth!

I have seen quite a few negative comments. To everyone with a negative comment: It takes a GREAT amount of preparation, engineering, experience, and flat out guts to go where no one has gone before. Please keep your negative comments to yourself. I am an amateur driver and the father of 2 children. I put a lot on the line to run my car faster than anyone in a Lamborghini Gallardo before (My 233mph run Friday was the fastest at the time for a Gallardo at an official event...). Kyle (Orange UGR TT) and Grant (Yellow UGR TT) did the same.

We had a BLAST, and every race team at the event was impressed at what UGR and its owners did. All 3 owners of the cars drove their own cars! No pro drivers etc. That to me is impressive. I have the most respect for Grant and Kyle, and I'm sure we will be lifelong friends.

I encourage everyone to come out to participate in this event, its the most fun I have ever had in a car! Vbox bench racing is lame. Put up, or shutup bench racers. :)

Jonah

p.s.

I think its hilarious that the only lambo-power stickers were on a glorified beetle, and a toyota :)

Thanks for showing the world Lamborghinis aren't just street queens. Let's see some Ferrari's at these events! Again, I think with some modifications I think the Gs have a very good chance at the street record title. Maybe lightweight modifications, taller tires, RWD setup only, etc. Congrats again!!

staggering results. it's to see every one come home safe and sound.

congrats to UGR, and all the other participants!!

Nice meeting you too and thanks for the kind words.

SW has to be the nicest guy at the track and yes you will get fat hanging out at his RV. Also, everytime I see SW he has a smile on his face and when he is in a car driving you can just tell by the big smile on his face that he is having a great time. Aside from going fast this is what it's all about............. Having a good time.

He was going sooo fast he burst into flames upon reentry into the atmosphere!

holy smokes ;) whos car was that? (i hope no one was hurt)

Thanks! Do you happen to have access to more of the pictures or video of the fireball? That was the first picture I have seen and that was a lot of fire! I was up at the starting line when it happened and let me tell you the mile is a long distance to cover when all you see at the far end is a smoke plume from the car a friend was just going over 200mph in. All is well so now we can at least check out the pics/video and have one hell of a story to tell down the road.

I was out ripping around on the street with SW while he was practicing his brake boosting for the roll on races and you are right. For most guys (I would say normal but none of us are really normal or a stock Gallardo would be fast to us) 850 to 1000whp is the perfect street Gallardo TT and they are so reliable at that power level. Big fun and SW is just about the coolest guy to hang with out at the track (just make sure you are not trying to diet when you are out there with him).

I am waiting on more pics and vids too.

And I def agree on the 850-1000whp being perfect for the street.

holy smokes ;) whos car was that? (i hope no one was hurt)

That was my brother's yellow fireball. He's doing ok. I'll get more details from him today...

Wow!

The whole event...wow!

Congrats to all the players and thank God for everyone going home safe.