Reventon has arrived

katana

As long as people AREN'T trying to pass it off as the higher version (SL500 being passed off as an SL55) than fine, the problem really starts when people try to pass off one car as another.

I think THATS the problem with this kit! It IS trying to pass it off as what it is NOT. The whole body is redone. Although it DOES look pretty sick, (if the dimentions are right) hard to tell with such close corner photos. Reventon Roadster....I wonder what the boys in Italy have to say about this..Looks interesting though, nice effort all the same. You MIGHT get a pass before this thread is done.

Dont know what you're gonna do with the engine, looks pretty dirty, hope nothing got dried out or "caked-up"...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nope all is well and runs just as smooth sorry , cant make everyone happy BUT I AM,and thats all that matters

Good job Katana. It took me a freaking hour and a half of reading the forum in three different languages, converted back to gibberish and filterered back through piglatin but I finally understand what you've done. And it's very cool.

I like all cars- kit, rod, OEM, Drag, Italian, French (okay, maybe not french), old, new, Race, Nascar, F1, 3-wheeled, wings whatever.

The fact that you committed to a project like this says some things about you!

I think THATS the problem with this kit! It IS trying to pass it off as what it is NOT. The whole body is redone. Although it DOES look pretty sick, (if the dimentions are right) hard to tell with such close corner photos. Reventon Roadster....I wonder what the boys in Italy have to say about this..Looks interesting though, nice effort all the same. You MIGHT get a pass before this thread is done.

Yeah, I see your point. But I suppose it also depends as well because the interior is still the same, people will say it's a Murcielago that is kitted, as long as Reventon isn't written on the car. Similar to my Mercedes example, there's no issue with putting the AMG kit on, but it's the AMG and V8/V12 badges that really make the car look terrible when it's just a base model and where it's passed off as what it is not.

If, for example, this kit were made by the factory (exactly like the AMG kits by Mercedes) for the Murcielago, how many would go with it then? (Say it would be considered to be the "Murcielago R" for instance)

Despite....I still think this shouldn't be offered for the Boxster, Fiero or MR2!

Katana: Is it possible to get a larger photo with the full car, I didn't see one. Also another question I had is are you putting the Murcielago badges back on or have you changed those as well?

I agree with some of the others, if the kit is done correct it will be cool. Who cares if its real, just be thankful you get to enjoy it....yeah?

nope all is well and runs just as smooth sorry , cant make everyone happy BUT I AM,and thats all that matters

RUN! punt pass scooby snacks shazam is the man badda bing bang happy are 2 D 2 supercalifragilisticexspiallidocious reventon fast quarter half LP640 hmmdillah USC no good dolphins! saints manana BTU

btw I just wasted my 7,000th post on speaking the mierda language with Katana and trying to translate for LP so people can understand WTF he is saying!

I like it, would like to see some better pics. Props for using a real Lambo, I think that is the difference that makes this project respectable.

PikeMike, I laughed out loud at "RUN! punt pass scooby snacks..." Thanks for that. :)

The Ferrari Fags don't like rebodies-recreations either...

What about the P 4/5 :eusa_shhh:

I think its great, but would rather change a few styling cues to not try and "copy" the reventon.

Katana you must've put tones of work into it, in pix doesn't look that bad, have you look at the cost of doing this kit in CF?

What are you going to do about the rear lights?

You are happy thats all that matters. Whenever you make a controversial move you better consider the cons of it and I think you have and are ok with the hate lol....Continue to ignore the detractors and keep the project going and the pics coming sir. :)

If this is considered a kit car then hell I'll much rather buy a Reventon kit car then the real thing. ($$$ considered)

What about the P 4/5 :eusa_shhh:

I think its great, but would rather change a few styling cues to not try and "copy" the reventon.

Maybe if the OP took his LP640 to Bertone and had them do a fully engineered and wind-tunnel tested one-off concept for him people wouldn't be so harsh, but that's not what happened here.

I mean, look at how people here rode Roy for selling the real Diablo 6.0 with replica 6.0 parts on it. Yeah, yeah, disclosure blah, blah, blah. Think the OP is going to answer the question "is that a real Reventon Roadster?" with "Naw, it's an LP640 Roadster with a fiberglass kit car body on it"? I doubt it.

Think the OP is going to answer the question "is that a real Reventon Roadster?" with "Naw, it's an LP640 Roadster with a fiberglass kit car body on it"? I doubt it.

when he sells it he will, unless he sells it to Andrea Bocelli while he owns it and drives it around he doesn't have to answer anybody's questions.

HAHAHAHA,u are damn right man! so many Asian did that though, debadging the mercedes S350 with S600 or S550 AMG, but they seem to forget to change the wheels that came with the 550AMG options, but as long as theyre happy,thats all that matterS! :D

I like it, would like to see some better pics. Props for using a real Lambo, I think that is the difference that makes this project respectable.

PikeMike, I laughed out loud at "RUN! punt pass scooby snacks..." Thanks for that. :)

:icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe if the OP took his LP640 to Bertone and had them do a fully engineered and wind-tunnel tested one-off concept for him people wouldn't be so harsh, but that's not what happened here.

I mean, look at how people here rode Roy for selling the real Diablo 6.0 with replica 6.0 parts on it. Yeah, yeah, disclosure blah, blah, blah. Think the OP is going to answer the question "is that a real Reventon Roadster?" with "Naw, it's an LP640 Roadster with a fiberglass kit car body on it"? I doubt it.

Just my 2 cents on this:

Would you consider the REVENTON an upgraded version or would you consider it as a totally different LAMBO car from the LP640

despite the difference in price, of course. It seems like if ppl see the REVENTON as just an upgraded version of the LP640 then this TOPIC would be viewed as like putting an IMSA kit on BUT if ppl think of the REVENTON as a totally different car from the LP640 then this TOPIC would view it as putting a making a car look like another car thus a KITCAR.

So? IS THE REVENTON AN UPGRADED VERSION OR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR FROM THE LP640?

I dont see anything wrong with making a real Murci into a reventon, its basicly all the factory did anyways. No different then doing the Imsa kit or premier kit . The kit would have to be PERFECT though and then id rock it...

:iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

Yes, I know about the P4/5 too. It was a joke aimed at your comment about Ferrari recreations, hence the emoticon. :icon_thumleft:

Passing off a non-original car as an original is not cool. I can't say if it will be the case with this car, but with only 20 real cars worldwide, I highly doubt it...

A cosmetic upgrade is one thing - passing off as another car is different - I`d feel a douche driving around in a look a like Reventon. That type of fraud is for feel good posers.