Diablo 6.0 overhaul

limey

Having owned the car for nearly 6 years now & racking up some 20,000 + miles of pure enjoyment, it's time to give the old beast some TLC.

Had to pull the motor to replace the clutch disk, so one thing led to another and here we are today.

I'll update progress on a daily basis, that's if time permits.

All engine and chassis parts are going out to be powder coated and all hardware re zinced plated as per oem. With a few exceptions to the cam covers, where these are going to be powder coated Gold as like the GT-R, I think that look pretty sharp. I'm having the S/C system all wrinkle painted and will powder coat black and silver other items on the system, it will all be tastefully done, i hope anyway.

For now, here we go.

Check out the flywheel ring gear, this entire flywheel was machined from aluminium, even the ring gear and after 5000 miles of driving and many a good launch, the ring gear is as perfect as the day it was installed.

flywheel1.jpg

flywheel.jpg

DSCN7895.JPG

DSCN7893.JPG

DSCN7894.JPG

DSCN7890.JPG

DSCN7896.JPG

DSCN7899.JPG

DSCN7900.JPG

DSCN7901.JPG

DSCN7902.JPG

DSCN7903.JPG

DSCN7904.JPG

DSCN7906.JPG

The suspension parts will be removed once the items listed above are finished and collected from the powder coaters. I don't like doing too many different tasks at once, that way i can be sure to do things correct.

DSCN7893.JPG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are your rotors so rusty?

Why are your rotors so rusty?

That usually happens when the car is not driven in a while and its a humid climate. Cleans up easy.

i was just thinking yesterday in the midst of all the texas mile stuff, we hadn't heard from you in a while.

good to see some pics of the work being done! how was the S/C setup working before you tore her down? any other major complications and/or succeses?

some good pampering does the auto wonders!

Where did the s/c kit come from alot of thos parts look very much like some we did a long time ago. That looks like our 5.7 kit we did one 6.0 kit and we add coolers to it. Looks to much like ours I say some one copyed it or tranfered it.

Where did the s/c kit come from alot of thos parts look very much like some we did a long time ago. That looks like our 5.7 kit we did one 6.0 kit and we add coolers to it. Looks to much like ours I say some one copyed it or tranfered it.

Jeff, I'm pretty sure that Kurts SC came off of a 99 silver roadster.

Good luck with the build. I went through a total rebuild a few years ago. Do you upgrade the internals for the S/C system?

Here's a pic of mine after the build.

lambo_engine_pic.jpg

Limey, wish I had your skill. That way, I can save alot of money

Good luck with the build. I went through a total rebuild a few years ago. Do you upgrade the internals for the S/C system?

Here's a pic of mine after the build.

This I like :icon_mrgreen:

Jeff, I'm pretty sure that Kurts SC came off of a 99 silver roadster.

Ok then I think I know what car it came off and it is one of our old kits. The 5.7 kit worked on the 6.0 but during the r & d

stage we noticed that on the 6.0 whith high comp. ratio and larger displacment, boost temp had a hard time to recover after the car set and ideal for 30 min. We worried that if they got on it hard it could ping some so we added coolers into a custome intake manafold + we could add more psi then. The 6.0 we did could spin all four wheels at 40 mph. just from full throttle. Last I heard someone in Vagus worked on it and left something loose and the car burned.

One of our customers that has a Roso Vic 99 vt coup alpine ed. with the same kit is for sell.

Ok then I think I know what car it came off and it is one of our old kits. The 5.7 kit worked on the 6.0 but during the r & d

stage we noticed that on the 6.0 whith high comp. ratio and larger displacment, boost temp had a hard time to recover after the car set and ideal for 30 min. We worried that if they got on it hard it could ping some so we added coolers into a custome intake manafold + we could add more psi then. The 6.0 we did could spin all four wheels at 40 mph. just from full throttle. Last I heard someone in Vagus worked on it and left something loose and the car burned.

One of our customers that has a Roso Vic 99 vt coup alpine ed. with the same kit is for sell.

That was the silver TMU car, the sc kit looked much more highly developed than the others that I had seen. Did you do the SC kit on the black/snowcorn 98 VT roadster that I have? The kit looks identical to the one that Kurt has.

That was the silver TMU car, the sc kit looked much more highly developed than the others that I had seen. Did you do the SC kit on the black/snowcorn 98 VT roadster that I have? The kit looks identical to the one that Kurt has.

We did do a black 98 roadster. Did you have it done or buy it used. I can not say for sure but mount arms and brace and ducks i would swear are the ones we did.

We did do a black 98 roadster. Did you have it done or buy it used. I can not say for sure but mount arms and brace and ducks i would swear are the ones we did.

Used. I have to look, I may have photos of it at platinum.

Used. I have to look, I may have photos of it at platinum.

If it was at Platinum it was one of ours cool. It nice to see they are still out there. We did not build for big power just nice driveabilty. They gave the cars a nice punch it the bottom end.

Post som pics of the s/c kit I would like to know for sure. Thanks.

Nothing much to report updates wise, but do have base line #'s on the Throttle bodies.

39mm Small port WOT 227.7 CFM

54mm Large Port WOT 464.9 CFM

Both ports WOT 681.1 CFM & 682.8 CFM.

These are actually pretty good stock flowing numbers. Next week, i'm going to open up the ports as much as we can, hopefully to:

43-44mm Small Port

58-60mm Large Port

I'll re-flow them end of next week.

i like these threads

what exhaust is on the 6., Kurt?

I have Diablo GT headers that i ordered direct from the facroty, 2.75" custom pipes from the collectors to the mufflers, which are Titanium motorcycle mufflers.

Currently, this little lot is @ Jethot for there sterling silver coating. I'll take some pics when i get them back in about 2 weeks.

I have Diablo GT headers that i ordered direct from the facroty, 2.75" custom pipes from the collectors to the mufflers, which are Titanium motorcycle mufflers.

Currently, this little lot is @ Jethot for there sterling silver coating. I'll take some pics when i get them back in about 2 weeks.

nice set up,

please post them! :)