Forza 3 Thread

spazmatt527

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap it came out yesterday didn't it. I totally didn't get to go buy it.

I'm still unpacking in my house, if i get the game i won't be unpacked for like another month :lol2: ha

someone tell me how the physics are!

someone tell me how the physics are!

I've never understood this fascination with physics in computer games. The grav gun in Half-Life 2 was one of the (admittedly many) things which spoiled the game for me.

The grav gun in Half-Life 2 was one of the (admittedly many) things which spoiled the game for me.

thats what the game was about - thats like not liking the oddly shaped blocks in Tetris.

It's a simulator. If the physics suck, it's bad at simulating. I like simulator games. If the physics are off, I don't play it. I prefer more realistic games over less realistic ones. It's one of the many reasons different games have different styles, so if you don't understand the fascination then just play another game :) Just like cars. I never understood why people have a fascination with some cars over others, but if we all liked the same cars it'd be a damn boring hobby and lifestyle eh?

It's a simulator. If the physics suck, it's bad at simulating. I like simulator games. If the physics are off, I don't play it. I prefer more realistic games over less realistic ones. It's one of the many reasons different games have different styles, so if you don't understand the fascination then just play another game :) Just like cars. I never understood why people have a fascination with some cars over others, but if we all liked the same cars it'd be a damn boring hobby and lifestyle eh?

:iamwithstupid:

Physics are everything in sims.

By the way i picked up my copy. Although I'm about to stop my 5 minute break and go back to unpacking. Then I have to fix the cooling system on my 944.... so i'll be playing it late, but hey, at least i'll get to play it SOME time tonight, I think. I got the last copy. Headed everywhere and it was sold out. Ended up heading to walmart, one copy left, whoohoo! (they probably had like 3 more boxes in the back though haha)

Ok played it a bit while the cooling system was draining in the 944.

I am definitely IMPRESSED. The physics are good. Though so far i've only got to drive failwheeldrive cars. I just got a 944 turbo in the game and now gotta go work on my car again but so far the physics are great, the upgrades are a tad more specific, and the cars in general have great upgrades. I like how the engine and aspiration and rwd/awd/fwd is changeable all separately which is very cool, so you can REALLY make something one of a kind, very cool.

So far, well worth the $60. Career mode is much better than before. Drifting the Veyron is badass, also!

Can't wait to race the Aussie V8 Supercars or DTM!

Ok played it a bit while the cooling system was draining in the 944.

I am definitely IMPRESSED. The physics are good. Though so far i've only got to drive failwheeldrive cars. I just got a 944 turbo in the game and now gotta go work on my car again but so far the physics are great, the upgrades are a tad more specific, and the cars in general have great upgrades. I like how the engine and aspiration and rwd/awd/fwd is changeable all separately which is very cool, so you can REALLY make something one of a kind, very cool.

Another weird thing is that you have to go to the aspiration swap at the end of the menu, choose one, then go into the power menu to choose either the street/sport or rate of that supercharger/turbo charger that you chose.

I don't think its' too weird. I think it's nice since it adapts to whatever it is you change it so, it becomes part of your upgrades, so to speak, since there are different (larger, better, turbos) to choose from.

^Nice. I'm saving up for the Veyron. I got 800k now, but it might be wasted as it might be gifted to me soon for level progress.

Does anyone have a list of what cars you get gifted on the different driver levels?

^Nice. I'm saving up for the Veyron. I got 800k now, but it might be wasted as it might be gifted to me soon for level progress.

Does anyone have a list of what cars you get gifted on the different driver levels?

Pick the Veyron up at the auctions if you have Live. I got an R2 Veyron for around 500k earlier on today.

I got the game last week and am up to level 27 or so.

My live ID is Aceev if anyone wants to add me.

Pick the Veyron up at the auctions if you have Live. I got an R2 Veyron for around 500k earlier on today.

I got the game last week and am up to level 27 or so.

My live ID is Aceev if anyone wants to add me.

Good idea. Thanks!

You get the Veyron at level 30

K, thanks. Is there a list somewhere of what cars you get when? That would be sweet. Would suck to buy an expensive car, and get it for free after 2 races :lol2:

hey speedracer, how is the grid position determined? I have read that it is based on the season you are running, and also seen people saying it is level based. Can you shed some light on this?