We should have let them all fail

Roman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my bank. I only use Amex, I had a visa simiply because a steakhouse that I love didn't take amex (remember joe?), now that they take amex, I threw out the visa.

:icon_thumleft:

It's about time you buy that whole steakhouse and retire.. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft:

It's about time you buy that whole steakhouse and retire.. :icon_mrgreen:

You should see what that fckuing place looks like now! Plus the MF nearly doubled the prices!

I don't know if its possible to find a semi local bank in Southern Cali or any other big cities. But the semi local banks have been great for me. Free ATM fees so I can use anyone I want, great service, I can get aproved for anything I want(within reason) with basically just calling them(there is paper work later though), etc. As far as Credit Cards I have a Visa though a store I shop at a lot(rewards type of deal) and an AMEX, no issues with either.

Sounds the same all over the world.

Just don't use the new "upgraded" card. Cut it in 2 and mail it back.

As for Amex, I beg to differ. I find many places preferring not or simply don't accept Amex. They are even more stupid over here. They give me a master credit line and ask me to tell them how I want this credit line split. Then they will stick to that and I have to remember how much of which card is left. Makes me look like I'm living on credit when I am buying bigger ticket items.

Now I have only 1 black amex card directly issued by them which was given to me by their private bank before it was taken over by StanChartBank. And they now want an arm and leg for the yearly subscription. I am contemplating if the titanium card's flash value is at all worth it.

When they split your credit (and this is only for their credit cards, not their charge cards,) you tell them how much credit you want on each card. How is that any different than having multiple credit cards? Card A has $20K avail, and Card B has $75K available. If it's a problem, why don't you just have one CC instead of two? What difference does it make?

And what the heck are you buying on credit that pushes you limit? Most things that would push the limit wouldn't even be purchasable by credit as far as I know. You try get 800K Amex points on your house or something? lol

Heres my fcuking AMEX story...... (I actually DID go back to them after many years refusing to deal with them after this, but ONLY because ticket master sometimes has PRESALES for AMEX customers only...... Like I said.... Rental cars and Concert Tickets ONLY....)

About ten years ago I was repping a writer. He had written a screenplay about open wheel racing. GOOD SCRIPT.... Anyways.... We were talking to the Indy Racing League re: production funds/ production assistance. The writer gets a meeting with their head of marketing at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix the day of some fcuking IRL race there.... Anyway, he calls me last minute.... Wants me to fly in..... No problem, but I want to make sure Ive got a place to stay, etc.... He asures me IRL has taken care of all of it.... I get the Itinerary, fly in, he picks me up at the airport.... But its not just him..... Its him..... And his girlfriend..... And his business partner..... And they are straight out of "The Hills have Eyes" Ok....

About 9 o clock we get to the hotel.... "Hi... There should be three rooms for us under IRL.... "

The homo at the counter tells us "nope."

And the whole city is booked up for the fcuking race....

They DO (thank GOD) have two rooms left.... they need a card or cash to get them.... $200 each.

The writer and his entourage of douchebags have just enough cash between them to cover one room.... They have no credit cards.... Well.... There is no way in HELL Im sharing a room with these fuckers.... I slap my amex down on the counter and say "Ill take the other room."

They all go to the hottub and behave like absolute cretons..... I go to bed.... They fucked this all up..... They can figure out who gets the couch in the other room.....

Next morning, I get up, go down to the desk, and check out of my room. We go out to the track, have our meeting, and I go to the airport to fly home....

A few weeks later I get my AMEX bill...... Its like Two fcuking thousand dollars..... Apparently, after I checked out, the douchebags told the hotel to put THEIR ROOM on MY fcuking AMEX, They stayed a week, and had a grand time!.....

Obviously, I terminated my relationship with those fuckstains immediately.

I call the hotel and ask them why the fcuk they RE-OPENED my card AFTER I had checked out..... They had NO EXPLANATION..... They sent me a copy of the rental, which was UNSIGNED..... Is this a BUSINESS Practice they engage in with ALL of their clients? Someone checks out and they let other patrons run up a bill on their card?

I called amex and disputed the charges..... Amex presents me the same document the hotel had sent me before but now, SOMEBODY HAS SIGNED IT.... ANd its clearly forged (When I was playing football, I got used to signing autographs, and I have a VERY unique way of signing my name..... Its VERY UNUSUAL, AND VERY CONSISTENT, and one look at my signature and THAT document shows that I DIDNT SIGN IT..... )But better than that, I presented AMEX MY AIRLINE TICKET proving I WASNT IN THE fcuking STATE, so I couldnt have made the charges. I showed them OTHER charges I had made IN CALIFORNIA at the same fcuking time I was supposedly in Arizona.....

AMEX sided with the fcuking hotel. I closed my Amex account....

fuck_you.jpg

Im still pissed off about THAT one..... but at least I got a good L-power story out of it.

Im still pissed off about THAT one..... but at least I got a good L-power story out of it.

That's a good one, here is another very different one:

Allanlamboless, AJGlobal, Jeff SD, Vinni (where is he btw?) and myself go out for a drink in Scottsdale, AZ... after few too many, "ONE" of us decides to call AMEX Centurion concierge to have them send us some local talent... :icon_mrgreen:

Make long story short, they sent us few toothless desert rats, we called in to dispute the charges and lived happy ever after... :eusa_dance:

The accuracy of this story is not guaranteed and might have never happened.. :icon_mrgreen:

LOL! :icon_lol:

My wife works for Merrill Lynch. She deals with back-end software to brokers desktops. I’m sure you all know that BofA owns ML. I wish I could tell you only half of the shit that BofA is trying, or wants, to do to ML. Their lack of knowledge about how brokerage works is truly scarey.

R-dad I’m not a bit surprised by the inability of the help desk - to help. :eusa_doh:

I cant stand Bank of America! The ONLY reason I went with them was because they had a cool ATM...I wish I had of never THOUGHT of opening an account with them. fcuk THEM.

R-dad I’m not a bit surprised by the inability of the help desk - to help. :eusa_doh:

Im going to go down to my branch tomorrow..... The branch manager is a VERY nice persian lady who always takes care of us...... She knows Im kinda particular (nuts) but handles it quite well.....

Ill bring a big ass deposit with me too to act as the carrot.....

I cant stand Bank of America! The ONLY reason I went with them was because they had a cool ATM...I wish I had of never THOUGHT of opening an account with them. fcuk THEM.

Do you have the one that reads the check deposit for you???? I dig that one..... But more than that.... theyre everwhere!

Do you have the one that reads the check deposit for you???? I dig that one..... But more than that.... theyre everwhere!

Their ATMs are cool and the new online security measures are top notch...

Yeah it has that and the feature where you can deposit cash which is pretty convenient, but I'd say 3/10 times that I deposit cash it fucks up and takes my money. It taught me to triple count my money before I deposit just to make sure I don't lose any.

Just FYI. For certain accounts over $10 million at ML you get a phone number to a special dedicated help desk staffed 24-7-365 here in NJ staffed with English speaking people :icon_mrgreen:

Just FYI. For certain accounts over $10 million at ML you get a phone number to special dedicated help desks staffed 24-7-365.

my big accounts are all with schwab..... And my best friend from college is chuck's niece...... So my "help desk" is scary efficient.

Im going to go down to my branch tomorrow..... The branch manager is a VERY nice persian lady who always takes care of us...... She knows Im kinda particular (nuts) but handles it quite well.....

That's a crazy Amex story. In Paris, the lady at the tourism desk fat fingered a 0 and charged me 600 euro instead of 60 euro, and i signed it, not realizing the extra 0. After a few calls and an explanation, they reverse the charges. When my card was stolen they also took care of everything. I find their service to actually be pretty top notch.

For banking, I use a local credit union. They also treat me well considering my balance, or well, what my balance used to be before I moved back into stocks. When I was in China, they suddenly dropped my max daily limit on my ATM to $100, which is worthless considering I use so much cash here. It was a new security thing that prevented excessive withdraws from less-kosher countries. I asked them to remove it from my account, and they said they couldn't because it was for everyone. I said if you don't remove the limit, I'm flying in for one day and withdrawing everything.

The restriction was gone in less than 24 hours.

my problem with credit unions (I belong to one and have about the same amount of cash in it) is no atms..... I need that atm!!!!

I never understood this kind of bullshit: it can't be done. On a computer? Everything can be done. Only if they want to do it.

It can't be done. Trust me.

I feel like I'm talking to a robot everytime I call my bank... "how may I help you with excellent service? blah blah blah, we love you blah.." ... A "Hello, what can I do for you today?" would be perfect.

my problem with credit unions (I belong to one and have about the same amount of cash in it) is no atms..... I need that atm!!!!

I've never had ATM problems. I use a debit card, not an ATM card, but I've never had problems anywhere in the world. It's a Mastercard.

I've never had ATM problems. I use a debit card, not an ATM card, but I've never had problems anywhere in the world. It's a Mastercard.

Yeah, but dont they hit you with fees and shit when You make a withdrawl?

If I don't use a credit union (any credit union) ATM, yes, I get a fee. But so do many banks. Not all banks and ATM's are created equally. I probably pay a .5% fee if I take out the max amount of cash. But this is only in China. At home I use my Amex for everything and I actually get 2% back with every purchase. While I do spend far more money here in the form of cash than I do credit, I still live the simple life. I can stomach a $2 fee on a $400 withdraw that lasts me quite a while.

When you're withdrawing money in a foreign currency/country, you will always get a fee, no matter if you have a bank card or CU card. You need local cards to avoid fees. At home, well, everyplace accepts credit and it's in my currency, so there is no fee. CC fees for foreign exchanges are usually 1-2%, that's why I don't use credit overseas unless I have too or unless it's that much easier.

I called amex and disputed the charges..... Amex presents me the same document the hotel had sent me before but now, SOMEBODY HAS SIGNED IT....

That must be a felony?

That must be a felony?

There were so many felonies committed in that case I cant count them all....

Bottom line, I CHECKED OUT OF THE HOTEL (and had the signed receipt to prove it), then for some reason, the hotel management without my permission let other people I barely knew charge their room to the card without making them produce the card...

And, I forgot one detail.... The hotel management originally sided with ME..... The manager said "Yeah.... Our desk person messed up.... Sorry." About six months later, the Hotel was sold, and the new owners were the ones who pulled all this bullshit....

It makes my blood boil to this day.