2010 SLS AMG DETAIL PHOTOS!! HAWT!!

Guest skokos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it. It looks like they tried too hard but still came up short.

I hope this is a car I can add to the "Hated it when I first saw it but it grew on me" thread.

Guest skokos

I have a feeling for a lot of people it will. Especially as owners start modding there cars with aftermarket rims. Tuners will have a lot of fun with this car! I can't wait to see a 700 HP NA motor from renntech or kleeman

I don't like it. It looks like they tried too hard but still came up short.

I hope this is a car I can add to the "Hated it when I first saw it but it grew on me" thread.

Do you guys feel this car will succumb to the traditional mercedes "lose 50 percent of your cars value in the first year" trend or will this thing hold its value for years to come? Does anyone know the annual production numbers?

Depends on the economy and how many get built. MB says 5000 units, not sure if thats per year or total production, but its still a lot of product, so expect at least 20/25% first year depreciation. I don't see typical AMG 50% depepreciation because this is the first AMG car built from the ground up, not a rework of an existing benz.

• 2 weeks later...

as far as Skokos question is concerned- I see this car following the same depreciation curve as the Z8. A car which lacks major public appeal, slightly underwhelming appearance given the price. They don't sell a ton of them and then 10 yrs from now the market for them gains some steam.

Guest skokos
as far as Skokos question is concerned- I see this car following the same depreciation curve as the Z8. A car which lacks major public appeal, slightly underwhelming appearance given the price. They don't sell a ton of them and then 10 yrs from now the market for them gains some steam.

Interesting! Very possible..does anyone know what the public response was one the Z8 was first released?

This is one of those cars that will grow on people as time passes . Technically it is great and i think it will not disappoint in the performance department . Looks are subjective but then again i hated the SLR when it was first released and i now own one. It sure is great value for the money and it is very reminiscent of the Z8 that i abslutely love and will never sell.

I think MB hit a home run with this car . We will find out soon enough.

This is one of those cars that will grow on people as time passes . Technically it is great and i think it will not disappoint in the performance department . Looks are subjective but then again i hated the SLR when it was first released and i now own one. It sure is great value for the money and it is very reminiscent of the Z8 that i abslutely love and will never sell.

I think MB hit a home run with this car . We will find out soon enough.

Have you put an order in for one of these yet? Or do you think you will wait and see if they come out iwth a black series version? Or just not that interested?

Have you put an order in for one of these yet? Or do you think you will wait and see if they come out iwth a black series version? Or just not that interested?

No orders . I prefer the SLR although technically the SLS should be superior.

Or do you think you will wait and see if they come out iwth a black series version?

Rumour has it that: SLS coupe at first , follow by a roadster version and then the final black series in late 2012 as a MY2013. (Would seem like a logical progression.)