Which cars have you mocked then grown to love or bought?

donnie

I`m always surprised how cars grow on you.

The Estoque - Something wasn't right - I was let down but have grown to REALLY want it.

The Ford GT and SLR - both cars I really didn't like the look of - SLR I thought looked to much like an SLK - the FGT, looked too retro - I found myself looking to buy a FGT this year.

I think some cars are like ginger women - When you see them at first your really not sure ; then suddenly you find yourself beating off to them. :jackoff: :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skokos

Crazy donnie,mine are the same picks! Im sure I could think of more...

But I didnt like the estoque's styling now I love it.

The ford GT looked to flat on top and looked akward to me when I saw them on the roads....Now its a favorite.

HATED the SLR when It came out,thought It looked mis-proportioned and thought it was gay it only came in a auto-box. Now after seeing so much about them and seeing some of the modded cars like Allans they have become a favorite.

Another is the G55 AMG. When I was younger I thought they looked like a rolling refrigerator and were plain,now its probably my favorite SUV

Just saw Skokos` thread about the SLS - thats a car I think is growing on me. Those photos really sell it.

in terms of looks I really disliked both the Enzo and the 599, now I love them. same with the Carrera GT.

Nissan GT-R. Love it or hate it, it's a contender. I hated it, then ordered it, then sold it. But I still respect it. :)

Acura TSX (09)

BMW M5 (E60)

Nissan GTR

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

BMW X5 (E70)

Mercedes-Benz SLR

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (10)

Lamborghini Estoque

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Bentley Continental GT

Bentley Mulsanne

Audi R8

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe

Acura TSX (09)

BMW M5 (E60)

Nissan GTR

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

BMW X5 (E70)

Mercedes-Benz SLR

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (10)

Lamborghini Estoque

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Bentley Continental GT

Bentley Mulsanne

Audi R8

Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe

Damn, you're a tough customer!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Damn, you're a tough customer!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Haha, that doesn't even mention the Toyota Corolla that I just bought for my dad either!

Despite the long list, the Veyron didn't make it because although it seemed like a mix of VW and Porsche, it still had the appeal due to it's status....

With that said...here's one I forgot that I will surely get shot for.....

Pagani Zonda.

SLR - Thought it sounded too quiet and it didn't seem like a real supercar with a five gear autobox, now I love it and really want to own one in the future.

Gallardo - Yes, I said it. I hated the Gallardo when it came out. Mainly because of I didn't like it "only" had a V10 and that it didn't have Lambo-doors. Said to myself "that car is going to ruin the image of Lamborghini".

Well I was wrong.

First of all, I love it. I have never wanted a car so much, and I haven't even driven one. Second, it kind of "saved" Lamborghini. They've made tons of money on it and many people say it's the BEST allround sportscar ever, and it probably is.

Haha, that doesn't even mention the Toyota Corolla that I just bought for my dad either!

Despite the long list, the Veyron didn't make it because although it seemed like a mix of VW and Porsche, it still had the appeal due to it's status....

With that said...here's one I forgot that I will surely get shot for.....

Pagani Zonda.

My god, how could you not love the zonda at first site!! :icon_mrgreen:

For me, the enzo was one I thought was awful until I saw it in person.....then I loved it. Also any of the M series Z3 Coupe or Z4 coupe...used to hate them, but love them now.

Ferrari F430/Modena - Loved the pure shape of the F355. Took awhile for both newer models to grow on me. Like the Modena more than the F430 shapewise. Less busy.

E60 M5 V10 - loved the E39 shape better at first.

Veyron

SRT10 Viper

ZR1

Murcielago - had Diablo on the brain for many years. No room for Murcie love at the time. Now I absolutely love the Murcie.

Z3 M Coupe [aka Breadvan]

Enzo

350z - ended up buying one

Morgan Aero - love the new ones.

The new SL63. At first sight, I thought they really hacked up the previous gen, but have grown to love it. Same with the F430. The 360 was such a good car for it's time it took awhile to fall for the newer version.

In all honesty, even the LP560 is a car I did not like as much as the last Gallardo. After all the YouTube videos and reviews, I have changes that opinion as well.

+1

as well as the spyker, and that is just starting to grow on me.

they're are too many to list, but these too come to mind first.

Absolutely every brand new Lambo ever. Be it Reventon, Gallardo, Murcielago, Diablo, LM002, Countach, Urraco, Jarama, Islero, Espada, Miura or 350GT, I've never liked any of them on first sight. Every single one has been a grower - but to such a degree that I now love them all, more than just about anything else.

It doesn't apply to the facelifts though, presumably because I've had enough time to grow accustomed to the basic design.

Nothing else particularly springs to mind though. I do respect the Zonda's capability now but still think it's clumsily styled, same goes for the SLR.

I always used to comment that Audi had really missed the mark with regard to appearance on the S5. Now I have one as a daily driver and love it.

+1

The Audi R8 I showed no mercy, now I'm waiting for my V10 to replace my V8.