U.S. Navy SEALs Capture notorious Terrorist

Roman

Navy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And three of the SEALs who captured him are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three, all members of the Navy's elite commando unit, have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and have requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment.

Did da wittle tewowist get a boo boo on his wip??? BOO fcuking HOO.

Has the whole fcuking world lost its mind?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did da wittle tewowist get a boo boo on his wip??? BOO fcuking HOO.

Has the whole fcuking world lost its mind?

I had to reread the story to make sure I was reading this right.

to answer your question.....yes.

Sigh, I long for the days of "Wanted, Dead or Alive"

Seriously, we risk the lives of 3 of the most highly trained soldiers in our military and they return a wanted terrorist murdered with a fat lip... and they get a court marshal for this? No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

Makes me wonder why they don't just light the guy up and say it was a fire fight. Would save everyone a lot of time and money.

Sigh, I long for the days of "Wanted, Dead or Alive"

Seriously, we risk the lives of 3 of the most highly trained soldiers in our military and they return a wanted terrorist murdered with a fat lip... and they get a court marshal for this? No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

Makes me wonder why they don't just light the guy up and say it was a fire fight. Would save everyone a lot of time and money.

ANd the funny thing is.... If these guys wanted to hurt him.... They could have REALLY hurt him... In a way that would leave no marks.

So we give terrorists full trials with the presumption (supposedly) of innocence for murdering Americans, but we court martial soldiers for giving a terrorist a fat lip. I just can't believe all this. Maybe there is more to it then this?

Unfortunately this isn't the first time members of our special forces have been charged and faced court martial for bogus charges brought against them by a terrorist.

I hope these guys are found innocent so they can get back to hunting these animals. I hope next time they just put a bullet in the terrorist's head.

Yeah, fcuk the days when America held itself to a higher standard and was respected for what it stood for. God bless Fox news and internet badasses everywhere. Let's waterboard anyone who disagrees.

Yeah, fcuk the days when America held itself to a higher standard and was respected for what it stood for. God bless Fox news and internet badasses everywhere. Let's waterboard anyone who disagrees.

Cute... :rolleyes:

Ive got a better idea.... How about America just starts acting like we're fighting a war here, and give its soldiers the benefit of the doubt, rather than bending over backwards to show the world we can self flagellate ourselves on the word of a piece of shit.

Heres a hint- If your job description includes dragging the lifeless corpses of a couple of former SEALs through the street then hanging their burned dismembered bodies from a bridge- know up front that in the end, that just might result, at the very least, with a punch in the face when their comrades catch you. Chalk that up to "He knew the job was dangerous when he took it," and cut the squids some slack for the sake of troop moral.

I'm all for accountability if someone intentionally shot some innocents or something but this is nothing. And WTF does Fox have to do with this? Im sure these terrorists would love to hear of your higher standards while they cut your fcuking head off.

Wow really? At the very least the guy is a wanted criminal and I'm sure he didn't "turn himself in"...more likely he had to be apprehended...and hey, you gotta expect some bumps & bruises while trying to evade arrest? I think the fact that he was arrested and turned over to the Iraqi government screams higher standard and respect, versus the alternative of shooting the mfer where he stood, which is exactly what this gentleman would have done to his arestees if they were to have been caught unawares....no, I take that back, he would not have shot them, he would have tortured, burned them, drug them through the streets, possibly decapitated one or two, and then maybe throw the others over a bridge hanging them in a noose...oh wait, he wouldn't dare be so disrespectful would he? Surely his friends would have stopped him.... :jackoff:

One thing I didn't consider, these men CHOOSE the Court-Marshall.... I'm thinking they have confidence in their chain of command and know full well nothing will come of it.

We need to ask politely, for intelligence from captured enemy operatives.

These good deeds, will bring Obama respect in other parts of the world (unlike Bush), and a willingness from those countries to build coalitions with America, in protecting the broad interests of the democratic free world.

Anybody need a minesweeper, in an effort to contribute to the gwot ?

Cute... :rolleyes:

Ive got a better idea.... How about America just starts acting like we're fighting a war here, and give its soldiers the benefit of the doubt, rather than bending over backwards to show the world we can self flagellate ourselves on the word of a piece of shit.

Heres a hint- If your job description includes dragging the lifeless corpses of a couple of former seals through the street then hanging their burned dismembered bodies from a bridge- know up front that in the end, that just might result, at the very least, with a punch in the face when their comrades catch you. Chalk that up to "He knew the job was dangerous when he took it," and cut the squids some slack for the sake of troop moral.

:iamwithstupid:

so stupid, hate that everyone so concerned with politically correct or what not, i mean he was behind murders and he got punched in the face? come on please i hope the right thing comes out of this

I hope they get off, and I see nothing wring with what they did if they are guilty, but truth be told we hold ourselves to a higher standard than these Terrorist animals.

I hope they get off, and I see nothing wring with what they did if they are guilty, but truth be told we hold ourselves to a higher standard than these Terrorist animals.

We do and should hold ourselves to a higher standard. We should not hold ourselves to an IMPOSSIBLE standard which accomplishes nothing but wither troop moral and unit cohesion.

This is one of those incidents, had it happened during a more sane time in our history, would have been chalked up to "That shit happens in war. You're peeling the potatoes tonight sailor."

I'm also not saying that If I were a seal 'Id not have punched that f'er. I just hope the Court Marshall exhonerates (sp) them and thus our standard is upheld that at least. Our guys get their day in court and if it comes down to three decorated soldiers word vs one scumbag, I hope they prevail.

So these 3 guys risk their life for years over there, get shot at, see their friends get blown up and shot, and they find a head terrorist which was most likely talking shit when they found him. Of course they punched him! I wish they would behead him on video like they do to us. Maybe with a Swiss army knife so it takes a while.

My patients that fought in WWII said Gitmo would have never existed back then. They say they would have all been killed before questions would be asked.