The Blind Side

Roman

Read the book a while ago. Interesting story. The adoptive family's daughter is HOT in real life. There's some cool info about the development of the West coast offence and other cool football stuff in there. Haven't seen the movie yet though.

Is this a movie worth watching even if one has absolutely no knowledge or interest in football itself? (have nothing against football, just never had an interest in it).

Is this a movie worth watching even if one has absolutely no knowledge or interest in football itself? (have nothing against football, just never had an interest in it).

Yes. Its not a football movie. There are probably a total of ten minutes of football scenes.... And she explains everything you will ever need to know about football in the first five minutes of the film (which was BRILLIANT)... Football is just the vehicle they use to tell the greater story.

Obviously the buzz right now is around Sandra Bullock.... And I think shes got to be the front runner for best actress.... But I think Quinton Aaron deserves a few pats on his 6 foot 8 inch back as well..... And Tim McGraw steals every scene he's in....

What I particularly loved about the film is, it didnt go for the oh so easy racial bullshit that most films dealing with this would have gone right for.... When theyre driving in the new truck I began to cringe thinking "OK.... Here comes the stereotypical DWB cop...." And there were MULTIPLE times in the film where I expected that obvious easy sell out, racial injustice moment to rear its tired bored head, and I was pleasantly surprised it never did.

And that allows this film to tackle some pretty heady subject matter, without ever becoming a caricature of itself.

Best movie of the year. If you can get sit through the line "I've never had a bed" without choking up, you don't have a soul.

As far as Sandra Bullock is concerned, I've been a fan since this scene:

sandra_bullock_miss_congeniality_01.jpg

Good Lord those child bearing hips!

I need to see the movie. RD, did you read the book? It's really good at exploring a number of issues. It's about a day or 2 read. I'd love to discuss the book or if I have a chance the movie.

Here's a pic from a friend's Facebook. It has her brother and Collins Tuohy and Mike Oher in it. I have an Ole Miss connection so I had friends connected to Ole Miss football.

9419_654759130356_6503299_36727218_2049704_n.jpg

I need to see the movie. RD, did you read the book? It's really good at exploring a number of issues. It's about a day or 2 read. I'd love to discuss the book or if I have a chance the movie.

Here's a pic from a friend's Facebook. It has her brother and Collins Tuohy and Mike Oher in it. I have an Ole Miss connection so I had friends connected to Ole Miss football.

9419_654759130356_6503299_36727218_2049704_n.jpg

Im hoping for the book for Xmas.

Story wise, is it pretty much exactly as I would guess from watching the trailers?

The story seems pretty obvious and simple (although very touching), so I'm guessing that the acting is the real winner in this movie opposed to the innovations in screenwriting and filmmaking.

Great movie, I am with ya Rob - teared up a few times.

The things I would let Sandra Bullock do to me...great acting in this role.

Tim Mcgraw, so that's who it was, did an amazing job as well! That bedroom scene - great stuff, patience, etc.

Guest skokos
Didn't cry as others had mentioned. Wife did though...

LIAR!! crying-main_full.jpg

I suppose that's the reason why you wear dark shades wherever you go?! :eusa_dance: :icon_mrgreen:

smiley_with_sun_glasses_sticker-p217492683684843646qjcl_400.jpg

Good show. I see Bullock nabbed a Golden Globes nomination.

The little tyke was pretty good too. Good actor.